THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Swift outflanking stratagem and strategic reserves rules

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

Swift outflanking stratagem and strategic reserves rules Empty
PostSubject: Swift outflanking stratagem and strategic reserves rules   Swift outflanking stratagem and strategic reserves rules I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2021, 15:53

I've got a question from my opponent, and couldn't give a sure answer.

If your reserves die on turn 4, does it apply to your Raider or Venom put onto strategic reserves on turn 3 or later?
Btw I was reading the chapter approved GT 2020 strategic reserves section and didn’t find such a thing like dying on turn 4. Is it not a thing anymore in the 9th?

You know the only way I used the reserves in our old codex is deep striking on turn 2-3, so this whole thing is quite new to me.

Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Swift outflanking stratagem and strategic reserves rules   Swift outflanking stratagem and strategic reserves rules I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2021, 16:42

Units held in strategic reserves at deployment need to be on the table by turn 3 or are considered destroyed.
Units put in strategic deployment from the table top are allowed to be put on in the next turn. (Like aircraft flying off the board).
The only time you should never remove a unit from the table to be put in strategic reserves is turn 5, as they are counted as destroyed because they are not on the table at the end of the game.

one of the most powerful stratagems in the new dex is swift outflanking.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Swift outflanking stratagem and strategic reserves rules   Swift outflanking stratagem and strategic reserves rules I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2021, 16:49

I looked thru the BRB and couldent see the part where the units get destroyed after Turn 3. Do you have the page #?

Just started playing that they do not get destroyed because of my gaming groups inability to find the printed rule.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Swift outflanking stratagem and strategic reserves rules   Swift outflanking stratagem and strategic reserves rules I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2021, 16:58

Hmm.
found this:
Quote :
Any Reinforcement unit not set up on the battlefield by
the end of the battle counts as destroyed.
so looks like there is no set round to be deployed. I will still look a bit and post if I find anything

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Swift outflanking stratagem and strategic reserves rules   Swift outflanking stratagem and strategic reserves rules I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2021, 17:14

Maybe it is in a FAQ? CA 2020?

I swear this was a rule, but could not find it anywhere.
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Swift outflanking stratagem and strategic reserves rules   Swift outflanking stratagem and strategic reserves rules I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2021, 17:46

Found it in the matched play section on page 282 BRB.

10. DECLARE RESERVES AND TRANSPORTS...
...in Eternal War missions, Strategic Reserve and Reinforcement units can never arrive on the battlefield in the first battle round. Any Strategic Reserve or Reinforcement unit that has not arrived on the battlefield by the end of the third battle round counts as having been destroyed, as do any units embarked within them (this does not apply to units that are placed into Strategic Reserves after the first battle round has started).

So our transports will never die on swift outflanking.
Thank you guys!

PostSubject: Re: Swift outflanking stratagem and strategic reserves rules   Swift outflanking stratagem and strategic reserves rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swift outflanking stratagem and strategic reserves rules
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: