THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Auras and core

Go down 
+2
Count Adhemar
DevilDoll
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

Auras and core Empty
PostSubject: Auras and core   Auras and core I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2021, 22:47

Ok sorry if this has been asked before but let me get this straight...
Archons and succubuses reroll auras do not work on themselves because they are not core but drazhar works on himself since he is an Incubus right?
Im asking because i saw some battle reports where people used an archon who rerolled ones from his aura or succubuses rerolling ones to wound from themselves and that's wrong yes?
People probably have not yet familiarised themselves with the new rules and are used to hqs buffing themselves from their auras I guess...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Auras and core Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auras and core   Auras and core I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2021, 23:01

Archon and Succubus don't benefit from their own auras and I also don't think Drazhar actually does buff himself. His ability works on friendly INCUBI units and Drazhar only has the INCUBI faction keyword, as opposed to Incubi who have the INCUBI keyword.

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Auras and core Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auras and core   Auras and core I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31 2021, 00:55

Count Adhemar wrote:
Archon and Succubus don't benefit from their own auras and I also don't think Drazhar actually does buff himself. His ability works on friendly INCUBI units and Drazhar only has the INCUBI faction keyword, as opposed to Incubi who have the INCUBI keyword.

I suspect you're right but this seems beyond obtuse.

"Drazhar buffs INCUBI and he has the INCUBI keyword so he buffs himself, right?"

"No"

"Why not?"

"He has the INCUBI keywords but it's the wrong sort of keyword. He needs the other sort of INCUBI keyword, not this sort of INCUBI keyword."

Neutral

Hell, I don't even see why Incubi need to have their own keyword in the first place. Surely they could just be referred to by their unit names?

Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

Auras and core Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auras and core   Auras and core I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 18:43

Actually.  No, BRB pg 197 states:

"All datasheets have a list of keywords separated into faction keywords and other keywords.  The former can be used as a guide to help which models to include in your army but otherwise both sets of keywords are functionally the same"

Lots of things reference faction keywords.  If you see something in bold as a keyword you can use either faction or other keywords.  

This is just a rare mistake where Drazhar has the Incubi faction keywords and his aura does not say CORE.  So until the FAQ Drazhar he gets his +1 to wound.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Auras and core Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auras and core   Auras and core I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 19:12

My understanding is that he affects himself. Not <Core> restricted like most buffs.

Time will tell if we get nerfed. I dont think DE will be cramming the top tables like Iron Hands back in the day Wink
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

Auras and core Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auras and core   Auras and core I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 19:35

Drazhar affects himself, and Archon's aura is Core only, not himself. Same with Succi (she doesn't have the Wych keyword) and Haem.

Auras and core Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auras and core   Auras and core I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Auras and core
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: