THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5?

Go down 
+8
Kalmah
sekac
SERAFF
Myrvn
Banbaji
Dark Elf Dave
HERO
Ragnos
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Drek
Slave
Drek

Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5? Empty
PostSubject: Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5?   Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02 2021, 16:25

I’m pondering this and wondering what y’all think. I know I’m putting them in a Raider, so Venoms aren’t something I’m considering. There are pros and cons to both, biggest reasons for each that I see are:

-one unit of 10 can be buffed easier and reduces the chance of the opponent to interrupt
-two units of five gives an additional attack, ability to charge more targets, and multiple chances to make the opponent fight last.

What do y’all think?
Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

PostSubject: Re: Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5?   Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02 2021, 17:08

I guess I would take 2x5 for the flexibility of having two independent units.

EDIT: As the unit coherency rule changed, smaller units often make more sense for me.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5?   Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02 2021, 17:38

2x5 for sure, it also allows you to be more controlling of your damage

Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5?   Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02 2021, 19:00

I’m kinda thinking 2x5 but I’m also a bit screwed as I have used one of my new Incubi to convert one into Draz. So I’m down to 9 lol so I might be taking 9 in a Raider with Draz and an Archon.

My conversion is finished I’ve just got to paint him now. I had hoped to rescue enough of the actual Draz model to use as an Incubi but the Draz model is ever so slightly bigger than the Incubi and is in a very odd pose without his character base which I’m not going to use.

harlokin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Banbaji
Slave
Banbaji

PostSubject: Re: Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5?   Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02 2021, 19:58

2X5 also gives you more chances with the tormentors.

Edit: Which you said. Reading comprehension for the lose
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5?   Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 11:55

I ended up with two Drazhar models, do I turned one into a Klaivex. The pose was a little challenging, but you can actually physically bend the legs just a little too make the pose work. Then tilt the head up slightly. With some of the bits from an Incubi box it works really well. I had to smooth out the chest piece with puddy to fill the gap from his missing necklace. That was the hardest part.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5?   Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 12:52

How about two raiders, each with 5 Incubi + 5 troops (like wyches).

You get a distributed threat (so the enemy cant kill your hammer by taking down just 1 raider), plus ObSec and a hoard clearer if required.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5?   Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 13:09

fisheyes wrote:
plus ObSec and a hoard clearer if required.

plus a safety bag for your Incubi when the Raider crashes. It's better to roll ones on disembarking for cheap wracks rather than for elite models.

Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5?   Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 13:53

fisheyes wrote:

You get a distributed threat (so the enemy cant kill your hammer by taking down just 1 raider), plus ObSec and a hoard clearer if required.

This is my preference. If something survives 5 Incubi and 5 wyches, it generally wants out of that combat because it won't survive that a second time. So falling back and allowing the rest of the army to shoot them to pieces is usually the best choice. But wyches can hold them in place while Incubi cut them to ribbons.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5?   Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 18:01

fisheyes wrote:

now thats something i will use that i did not think about! Thank you @fisheyes !

harlokin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Drek
Slave
Drek

PostSubject: Re: Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5?   Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 18:41

fisheyes wrote:

That's a solid idea, but it won't work with my list. I'm playing a GT in a few weeks and the list is very finely tuned in terms of models and gear, this was just one of the few things left. to figure out. The other is the gear on my five Raiders. Since I have Trueborn I might just give Splinter Racks a try, in testing the 7 dudes with regular rifles haven't done much, maybe that extra ten points will help them do something. Wasn't impressed by Shock Prow, either.. Grisly Trophies is handy, haven't tried Chain Snares yet.
Back to top Go down
Tzeentch4Life
Slave
Tzeentch4Life

PostSubject: Re: Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5?   Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 20:09

Or you could have a lot more fun and pack 3 squads of 5 plus Drazhar into a Tantalus...

harlokin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Drek
Slave
Drek

PostSubject: Re: Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5?   Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 04:03

Tzeentch4Life wrote:
Or you could have a lot more fun and pack 3 squads of 5 plus Drazhar into a Tantalus...

Ha! I love it, but the GT is in 17 days.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5?   Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 08:00

apart from everything said already as to why 2x5 are better you also get one extra wound
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5?   Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 12:16

In previous editions it was not a great idea to put too many eggs in one basket, IE all your Incubi in one raider. Going up to T6 will help, but with the current lethality of the game I would not bet on it.

That's my $0.02 anyway. Take all my advice with a grain of salt
Back to top Go down
Tzeentch4Life
Slave
Tzeentch4Life

PostSubject: Re: Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5?   Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 15:03

Drek wrote:
Tzeentch4Life wrote:

Ha! I love it, but the GT is in 17 days.

Definitely run 2 squads of 5, just getting the extra tormentor activation is worth it, not to mention the tactical flexibility of getting two chances to make that needed charge, plus the extra wound and attack. The only pro I can see for going with one squad would be for morale but at 5 models when you would worry about morale your whole squad is probably already gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5?   Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Incubi in Raider: one unit of 10, or 2x5?
Page 1 of 1