THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2 Patrol 1000pts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Whplayer65
Slave

2 Patrol 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: 2 Patrol 1000pts   2 Patrol 1000pts I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03 2021, 21:23

Looking to play my first game in awhile this week and this will also be my first go with the new codex. Just looking to get some critiques on my list before game time. I apologize for the formatting, trying the 40k app since Battlescribe hasn't been updated yet. Not exactly sure what I'm up against but I believe it's going to be a horde Ork army.

General idea is the warriors ride around in venoms, Archon goes with incubi in raider, wracks are for holding back field objectives/deploying scramblers, mandrakes are for harassing and deploying scramblers, haemonculus baby sits talos.

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 0CP - 743PT )
SUB-FACTION: Kabal of the Black Heart
HQ
WARLORD: Archon (75) Blast pistol
TRAITS: Hatred Eternal
RELICS: The Djin Blade

TROOPS
Kabalite Warriors (45)
3x Kabalite Warrior
1x Kabalite Warrior: Shredder
1x Sybarite

Kabalite Warriors (53)
4x Kabalite Warrior
1x Sybarite

ELITES
Incubi (80)
4x Incubus
1x Klaivex

Mandrakes (75)
4x Mandrake
1x Nightfiend

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager (155) 3 X Disintegrator cannon

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
Raider (90) Shock prow
Venom (85) Splinter cannon

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 0CP - 255PT )
SUB-FACTION: The Prophets of Flesh
HQ
Haemonculus (100)
LORDS OF COMMORRAGH UPGRADE: Alchemical Maestro
TRAITS: Master Regenesist
RELICS: The Vexator Mask
STRATAGEMS: Prizes from the Dark City, Tolerated Ambition

TROOPS
Wracks (45)
1x Acothyst
3x Wrack
1x Wrack: Ossefactor

HEAVY SUPPORT
Talos (110) Chain-flails

STRATAGEMS
Prizes from the Dark City (1CP)
Tolerated Ambition (1CP)

Total Command Points: 2/8
Reinforcement Points: 2
Total Points: 998/1000
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

2 Patrol 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 Patrol 1000pts   2 Patrol 1000pts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04 2021, 07:12

It looks pretty solid, but I think you're spending unnecessary points here and there. Every point counts when playing at this size.

Aside from the resurrection ability, the Master Haemonculus upgrade isn't doing much for you. That and the 6th warrior in one squad frees up effectively 30 points since you have 2 unspent.

I also don't think Disintegrator cannons are worth the upgrade. If it was a free swap, then sure. Without the re-roll 1s to hit and wound of yesteryear, I think just running 3 DL is the way to go. Swapping those would free up another 15 points.

For 45 points, you could get another wrack squad which i think would serve you better than the points spent elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Koldan
Kabalite Warrior
Koldan

2 Patrol 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 Patrol 1000pts   2 Patrol 1000pts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04 2021, 13:26

Looks like a good list, maybe alittle weak on anti tank, but against a horde it should work.
Whplayer65 wrote:
General idea is the warriors ride around in venoms
As a transport for Kabalites I prefer Raiders, almost the same cost for almost double the transport capacity and you get some anti-tank options. If you took them for board control with the safed points you could get a second Mandrake unit.
Back to top Go down
Whplayer65
Slave

2 Patrol 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 Patrol 1000pts   2 Patrol 1000pts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04 2021, 15:47

Thanks for the input! I ended up making the suggested changes and adding the extra wrack squad. I think it’s mainly going to be infantry so I figured venoms over raiders.

Drukhari - Incursion - Eternal War ( 6CP - 1000PT - 0PT )

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 0CP - 720PT )
SUB-FACTION: Kabal of the Black Heart
HQ
WARLORD: Archon (75) Blast pistol
TRAITS: Hatred Eternal
RELICS: The Djin Blade

TROOPS
Kabalite Warriors (45)
3x Kabalite Warrior
1x Sybarite
Kabalite Warriors (45)
3x Kabalite Warrior
1x Sybarite

ELITES
Incubi (80)
4x Incubus
1x Klaivex
Mandrakes (75)
4x Mandrake
1x Nightfiend

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager (140)

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
Raider (90) Shock prow

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 0CP - 280PT )
SUB-FACTION: The Prophets of Flesh
HQ
Haemonculus (80)
TRAITS: Master Regenesist
RELICS: The Vexator Mask
STRATAGEMS: Prizes from the Dark City, Tolerated Ambition

TROOPS
Wracks (45)
1x Acothyst
3x Wrack
Wracks (45)
1x Acothyst
3x Wrack

HEAVY SUPPORT
Talos (110) Chain-flails

STRATAGEMS
Prizes from the Dark City (1CP)
Tolerated Ambition (1CP)

Total Command Points: 2/8
Reinforcement Points: 0
Total Points: 1000/1000
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

2 Patrol 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 Patrol 1000pts   2 Patrol 1000pts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04 2021, 15:53

One more point to consider on the Raider vs Venom debate is now that you have 25 foot-sloggers (not counting mandrakes), 2 Raiders and 1 Venom would allow you to fully embark.

That said, nothing wrong with having 5 wracks for home field objective camping while the rest put pressure on. I'm a believer in Raiders, but I'd say try it as-is and see how it plays. And let us know!

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

2 Patrol 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 Patrol 1000pts   2 Patrol 1000pts I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 15:49

My $0.02 would be to swap the Venoms to Raiders. You already have a fair amount of D2 weapons with the Incubi and Talos, having a few more lances (with Black Heart rerolls!) could help in certain match ups (like -1D armies such as Death Guard).

In lower point games, the upgrade to Master Archon would be really worth it if you could find the 15 pts. Double attacking with this specific combination of WLT and Relic is amazing with his flat D3 weapons. He will still kill something without the upgrade, but something to keep in mind after you take the list out a few times.

Please let us know how it goes, we really need more info on the new Dark Eldar Wink
Back to top Go down
Whplayer65
Slave

2 Patrol 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 Patrol 1000pts   2 Patrol 1000pts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 02:40

So I ended up taking the last list I posted and it performed great. I was up against orks that was running 2 big hordes of boys, Ghaz, and a couple other HQ's. Wracks held back field objectives, Mandrakes helped with scramblers and back field disruption. The combination of the Haemonculus with the Vexator Mask and the Talos did a lot of work for me, they pretty much held the middle of the table alone. Venoms didn''t feel as good as past editions but having their higher number of shots ended up helping against the hordes. Overall for a 1k list I'm not sure I would make many alterations outside of potentially switching the Venoms as was mentioned earlier.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

2 Patrol 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 Patrol 1000pts   2 Patrol 1000pts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 14:08

Whplayer65 wrote:
Venoms didn''t feel as good as past editions but having their higher number of shots ended up helping against the hordes.

Technically venoms now have less shots than before (used to be 10 shots at optimal range, now its about half that). Were you playing the correct weapon stats?

Glad the army held up! What were the MVPs?
Back to top Go down
Whplayer65
Slave

2 Patrol 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 Patrol 1000pts   2 Patrol 1000pts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 23:24

fisheyes wrote:
Whplayer65 wrote:
Venoms didn''t feel as good as past editions but having their higher number of shots ended up helping against the hordes.  

Technically venoms now have less shots than before (used to be 10 shots at optimal range, now its about half that). Were you playing the correct weapon stats?

Glad the army held up! What were the MVPs?
I meant more (6) in relation to the 1 shot I would have gotten from the DL raider. But definitely not as good as they used to be.

I would probably say mvps were the haemonculus and talos duo, mandrakes, and the incubi. Everything else felt pretty similar to the past codex, warriors were solid as ever, wracks were durable, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2 Patrol 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 Patrol 1000pts   2 Patrol 1000pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 Patrol 1000pts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-