THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First try 9th at 1000 pts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SirSpirit
Slave
SirSpirit

First try 9th at 1000 pts Empty
PostSubject: First try 9th at 1000 pts   First try 9th at 1000 pts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04 2021, 17:05

Hi fellow commanders of Commorragh,
I am looking to play my first game with the 9th edition codex and this will be basically my second game after a really long time off.
The General idea is the 5 man warriors ride around in Venoms with double Splinter Cannons to provide some anti horde firepower, Archon goes with 10 Incubi in Raider and the 10 man warrior squad in the other Raider.
The Ravager does what it does and brings a bit more anti tank fire power with triple lances. The Mandrakes will stay at the backfield object while the rest swarms out and may use their go back into reserve rule for repositioning on the table.

For the obsession I like Kabal of the BlackHeart for the re-roll to hit and the power from pain boost but Obsiadian Rose sound pretty tasty as well. The range boost and the re-roll to wound might come in handy for those lances and blasters.

Since this list is basically just Kabal, I have the feeling it lacks the staying power. All Mission for this game size are pretty much just objective holding missions. But it is hard to squeeze in a patrol of covens to compensate.
I appreciate advises and and changes to the list! Smile

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 0CP - 1000pts )
SUB-FACTION: Kabal of the Black Heart (or maybe Obsidian Rose)

HQ
WARLORD: Archon (70) Splinter Pistol, Huskblade
TRAITS: Hatred Eternal
RELICS: The Djin Blade

TROOPS
Kabalite Warriors (115)
6x Kabalite Warrior
2x Kabalite Warrior: Blaster
1x Kabalite Warrior: Dark Lance
1x Sybarite

Kabalite Warriors (50)
3x Kabalite Warrior
1x Kabalite Warrior: Blaster
1x Sybarite

Kabalite Warriors (50)
3x Kabalite Warrior
1x Kabalite Warrior: Blaster
1x Sybarite

ELITES
Incubi (160)
9x Incubus
1x Klaivex

Mandrakes (75)
4x Mandrake
1x Nightfiend

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager (140) 3 X Dark Lances

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
Raider (85) Dark Lance
Raider (85) Dark Lance
Venom (85) 2x Splinter cannon
Venom (85) 2x Splinter cannon

Total Command Points: 6cp
Reinforcement Points: 0
Total Points: 1000/1000 Cool
Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: First try 9th at 1000 pts   First try 9th at 1000 pts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04 2021, 20:37

Your setup is built perfectly for the Master Archon upgrade and turning that 10-man Kabalite squad into Trueborn. For 35 points that melee Archon will get to fight twice and those Trueborn will be hitting much more over 1-2 turns (dark lance hitting on a 2+ in a moving Raider rather than 4+).
Back to top Go down
SirSpirit
Slave
SirSpirit

PostSubject: Re: First try 9th at 1000 pts   First try 9th at 1000 pts I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 08:41

@Oaka  thank you for your suggestion. In the first iteration of this list I had a Masterarchon and made the 10 man warriror squad to Trueborns. Therefore, I had to drop one Inccubi and the Splitercannons on the Venoms.
I will definatly try both versions of this list to evaluate whether the upgrade to true born is  worth it or not. Had the feeling every point is important in such a small pts  game. My biggest concern is just the lack of staying power regarding objective holding. Sadly incursion missions are basically just objective holding.

I will definitely try the list suggested in the other thread with 2 Patrols. It looks actually pretty good and is a bit beefier.
Did not have the change of the raiding force rule on my mind. For small games it is actually a big enabler for Drukhari.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: First try 9th at 1000 pts   First try 9th at 1000 pts I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 16:20

Raiders work a little better at being a tough objective holder now that they are T6 instead of T5 (heavy bolters no longer give us nightmares. Just Autocannons now Wink ).

I have had some success putting 5 incubi + 5 other troops in a raider to spread out your threats. 10 Incubi in a raider = dead raider most of the time.

Your ability to take back mid-field points basically sits on the sholders of your Incubi and Archon. Make sure you are positioning them well, and not playing them too soon.

Let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First try 9th at 1000 pts   First try 9th at 1000 pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First try 9th at 1000 pts
Page 1 of 1