THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Darkest of Creeds

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Roc
Kabalite Warrior

The Darkest of Creeds Empty
PostSubject: The Darkest of Creeds   The Darkest of Creeds I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 03:33

Hi All - back into Dark Eldar (and 40k) after a long hiatus. Loving the new book with only the minorest of complaints (DE should be the fastest the universe, though no longer).

The one thing that stuck out to me is the Dark Creed, though I'm not seeing a lot of discussion about it in the community. I'm guessing there are just better options out there (Artisans stick out as well), but would love to hear what others are thinking.

While you can no longer snipe with a Reaper (I expected that to disappear, but still sad to see it go), the +1 to hit in melee feels like a great damage multiplier, but the real winner to me is the ability to turn off ObSec. This just absolutely seems like a game winner, especially with grisly trophies on a raider (that doesn't even have to be DC).

I've built my Salamanders around turning non-ObSec into ObSec, so the ability to turn it off seems to be the best of the coven abilities - even if the other parts may not be.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest of Creeds   The Darkest of Creeds I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 16:02

You are correct, the competitive circles are gushing about this ability. Paired with the Master Relic that turns off Auras for a turn, it makes the "Boo-monculus" a real Tech piece for our army.

I tried it last game, but didnt end up using the ability due to a series of mis-plays by myself. It will be essential to some match-ups, and lets us take possession of a point against un-killable targets like Dark Angles Terminators.
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest of Creeds   The Darkest of Creeds I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 18:05

Yeah he just ruins a Dark Angels player banking on Stubborn Defiance. They lose a turn of scoring and it resets their turn counter. so if you stop their turn 3 and that is it, the Max they can score is 0+2+0+0+2=4.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest of Creeds   The Darkest of Creeds I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 16:02

TBF, a 10 man squad of Warriors with their boat should do the same thing to that Stubborn Defiance point.

Honestly dont know which is easier to pull off. More testing is required Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest of Creeds   The Darkest of Creeds I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Darkest of Creeds
Page 1 of 1