THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem Empty
PostSubject: PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem   PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 19:17

Two PSAs actually. Due to triggering article from Goonhammer:
https://www.goonhammer.com/hammer-of-math-razorflails-competitive-edge-and-the-joys-of-massed-attacks/

PSA #1 - Succubus does not have the Wych keyword and thus, cannot use the fight twice strategem from Strife.

PSA #2 - People talking about the Competitive Edge + Razorflails combo. Just.. don't. That crap will get FAQ'd into the ground soon enough.

Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem   PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 22:17

HERO wrote:
PSA #2 - People talking about the Competitive Edge + Razorflails combo. Just.. don't. That crap will get FAQ'd into the ground soon enough.

I'd say we will have to make do with one of the other half a dozen or so ways to make Succubi kill way more stuff than a 60pt model reasonably should, but honestly even if you don't use the "every failure is 2 more attacks" interpretation? It's still a perfectly cromulent loadout. Maybe not the ideal one, but I don't think you'll beat yourself up over bringing it.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem   PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 23:06

I said a while back that I was expecting double attacks on the rerolls to be smacked with the nerf hammer but, apart from that exploit, I think the combo is fine. Just fix it to knock that exploit on the head and leave it at that.

Sadly, GW doesn't have a good track record of subtle fixes...

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem   PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 16:05

It is clearly not intended for a Razorflail Succubus to do 14 attacks, then potentially another 28 attacks. That is just nonsense and makes people feel bad.

As others have said, our Succubi are good enough that we dont need this cheese
Back to top Go down
Drek
Slave
Drek

PostSubject: Re: PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem   PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 19:50

I am playing a GT in three weeks. I asked the TO. He ruled that the Goonhammer conclusion is how it will work at his tournament, so I’m doing it. Am I a terrible person? Perhaps. But I don’t feel bad about it. I was on the receiving end of Iron Hands cheese, and Knight cheese, and a million kinds of cheese before that over the last year 20 years. GT players expect cheese. It’ll be fine. And then this will get FAQd out of existence and life will go on.
Back to top Go down
mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem   PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 20:30

GTs are their own little microcosm: Fair's for tourists and you do whatever you can to win within the game's ruleset. As long as you're pleasant to play with while you abuse the rules until they need a safeword, you're good.
You were even nice enough to ask. If they didn't want the Ultra Instinct Razorbus, the TO could've said "no".

Now for anything friendlier than a GT, you'd probably be better off just going with the sane interpretation of the Razorbus instead even before it gets FAQd. I mean c'mon, it's not like she's not the aeldari embodiment of "Will It Blend?" even without this absurd rules interaction.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem   PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 14:31

If your in a cut-throat tournament seeting, and went to the trouble of asking the TO (and they allow it), then "alls fair in love and war". I would certainly let your opponent know at the beggining of each match, so there are no bad feelings.

Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem   PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 23:44

fisheyes wrote:
If your in a cut-throat tournament seeting, and went to the trouble of asking the TO (and they allow it), then "alls fair in love and war". I would certainly let your opponent know at the beggining of each match, so there are no bad feelings.

^ this

I personally wouldn't take it outside of a pre-approved GT due to the questionable nature of it.

PostSubject: Re: PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem   PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSA: Succubus cannot use the fight twice strategem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: