THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Archon as warlord

Go down 
+2
harlokin
Drek
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Drek
Slave
Drek

Archon as warlord Empty
PostSubject: Archon as warlord   Archon as warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 19:47

I’m looking for some help. I’m running a list with three patrols, one from each sub faction, and at first I was planning on a Succubus being my Warlord to use Dark Lotus. But then I read a rule that required my Archon to be a warlord or he couldn’t do something, and I thought “Well, then my Archon needs to be the warlord!” The problem is that I either I can’t remember what that rule was, or I was just plain wrong, because now I can’t for the life of me find a single reason why I would need my Archon to be my warlord to do anything I want him to do.

Am I actually forgetting something, or did I make this whole thing up? Anybody have any insight here?
Back to top Go down
harlokin
Kabalite Warrior
harlokin

Archon as warlord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archon as warlord   Archon as warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 19:54

If I recall correctly, it's just a prerequisite for a Realspace Raid detachment.

Kabal of the Mon-Keigh's Paw
Coven of the Screaming Statues
Cult of Veiled Malice
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

Archon as warlord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archon as warlord   Archon as warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 20:35

It's also a prerequisite for the Alliance of Agony stratagem that your warlord is an Archon in a Realspace Raid.

harlokin likes this post

Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

Archon as warlord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archon as warlord   Archon as warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 22:15

The above replies have the right answer. For this reason, in a Raiding Force, not having your archon as your WL is often the better way to go. It obviously depends heavily on what obsessions you're using and the general strategies you plan to use. But, for instance, if Drazhar is in your list, he should probably be the warlord. If you want to then pay CP to give the Archon a WL trait, go for it!
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

Archon as warlord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archon as warlord   Archon as warlord I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 09:16

We need to double check the following: If your warlord is Archon, you can still take a relic from the Book of Rust for your CoS Succubus using the stratagem, while your free relic is from the codex.

Klaivex
fisheyes

Archon as warlord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archon as warlord   Archon as warlord I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 16:28

My understanding of the current rules are as follows:

Realspace Raid - If your Archon is your Warlord, you can take Relics from any of the other subfactions within the Realspace Raid (ie it unlocks Dark Lotus Toxin in Cult of Strife). This is a rule of the Realspace Raid. However, since this is not a "cult of strife detatchment", you CANNOT use the CoS Strats.

Raiding Force - You can make the CoS Succubus your Warlord, and use both the CoS Relics and Strats. Also allows you to take Drazhar (since you have the HQ slot available with the patrols).

Most people going for the Raiding Force for this reason

I hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Archon as warlord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archon as warlord   Archon as warlord I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archon as warlord
Page 1 of 1