THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help a new player out?

Go down 
+2
HERO
Kalmah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

Help a new player out? Empty
PostSubject: Help a new player out?   Help a new player out? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 11:29

Sort of trying to figure out what to purchase at this point, I got some stuff in a trade but most this stuff I don't have yet so I'm flexible. Not too keen on Coven at this point.

And from what I can tell I am allowed to use Tolerated Ambition on both my Succubi even though Battlescribe gives me an error for it.

Is this any good? It doesn't have to be perfect just let me know if there are any glaring oversights or obvious optimzations.

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [79 PL, 14CP, 1,364pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

Obsession: Kabal of the Black Heart: Thirst for Power

Raiding Forces - CP Refund [2CP]

+ No Force Org Slot +

Court of the Archon [10 PL, 104pts]
. Sslyth
. Sslyth
. Sslyth
. Sslyth
. Ur-Ghul
. Ur-Ghul

+ HQ +

Archon [5 PL, 90pts]: Blast Pistol, Hatred Eternal, Huskblade, Overlord, The Djin Blade, Warlord
. Splintered Genius (Black Heart): Splintered Genius

Drazhar [7 PL, 135pts]

+ Troops +

Kabalite Trueborn [8 PL, 135pts]
. 6x Kabalite Trueborn: 6x Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite Trueborn w/ Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance
. Kabalite Trueborn w/ Special Weapon: Blaster
. Kabalite Trueborn w/ Special Weapon: Blaster
. Trueborn Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors [6 PL, 115pts]
. 6x Kabalite Warrior: 6x Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite Warrior w/ Special Weapon: Blaster
. Kabalite warrior with Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors [6 PL, 115pts]
. 6x Kabalite Warrior: 6x Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite warrior with Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

+ Elites +

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]
. 4x Incubi: 4x Klaive
. Klaivex: Klaive

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]
. 4x Incubi: 4x Klaive
. Klaivex: Klaive

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 85pts]: Dark Lance, Kabal

Venom [4 PL, 85pts]: Kabal, Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [33 PL, -6CP, 635pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]

Obsession: Cult of the Cursed Blade: Only The Strong Will Survive

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Prizes from the Dark City [-1CP]

Stratagem: Prizes from the Dark City [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Succubus [4 PL, -1CP, 75pts]: 1 - Adrenalight (Combat Drug), Precision Blows, Stratagem: Tolerated Ambition, The Triptych Whip
. Agoniser & Archite Glaive
. Show Stealer (Cursed Blade): Show Stealer

Succubus [3 PL, -1CP, 60pts]: 4 - Painbringer (Combat Drug), Shardnet and Impaler, Stratagem: Tolerated Ambition, Traitor's Embrace, Treacherous Deceiver

+ Troops +

Hekatrix Bloodbrides [8 PL, 130pts]: 2 - Grave Lotus (Combat Drug)
. Hekatrix: Hekatarii Blade, Splinter Pistol
. 8x Hekatrix Bloodbride: 8x Hekatarii Blade, 8x Plasma Grenades, 8x Splinter Pistol
. Hekatrix Bloodbride w/ Shardnet and Impaler: Shardnet and Impaler

+ Flyer +

Voidraven Bomber [9 PL, 185pts]: Kabal
. Two void lances

Voidraven Bomber [9 PL, 185pts]: Kabal
. Two void lances

++ Total: [112 PL, 8CP, 1,999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Help a new player out?   Help a new player out? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 16:35

You are correct, you can use Tolerated Ambition a few times (depending on the game size, if I recall correctly).

If you are just starting out, I would recomend trying to get one of the pre-packaged starter sets. There are various versions floating around, either centered around the Wych Cults or Kabals.

Your list design looks about right. Lots of troops, transports, HQs. Incubi seem to be the MVP of the codex, so you should not regret taking 2 units.

The weakest point of the list are the Voidravens. We dont know how good they are just yet, but they will not ruin the whole army by taking them.

Best of luck buddy!
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Help a new player out?   Help a new player out? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 17:24

the recently available Combat Patrol box for Drukhari is simply insane! value and quality is really worth it.
If you can get your hands on something like 2 Start Collecting boxes (Wyches Cult) and 1 Combat Patrol box (Kabal) you will already have an interesting and playable army that you will easily be able to upgrade to your liking.

Welcome aboard fellow archon! May the screams of agony follow you wherever you go!
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Help a new player out?   Help a new player out? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 17:35

Buying 3x of those Combat Patrol boxes would be a great way to start for sure. If you can.. lol

But the list looks fine, the Voidravens are decent, not amazing, but could have a place.

Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Help a new player out?   Help a new player out? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 19:04

Thanks everyone! I plan on buying two of those Combat Patrol boxes. If you were to keep the list the same and just remove the Void Ravens, what would you replace them with?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Help a new player out?   Help a new player out? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 14:12

Honestly, I would give the Bombers a shot before you listen to us. Everyone has different play-styles, and go against different armies in their play group. I just wanted you to be up-to-date with the current list building wisdom.

Were still very early days with this codex, so we certainly dont know everything!

I would recomend looking into Tabletop Simulator. It is the best way to get in games ATM due to Covid, with the added bonus that you can try out units before you spend the money/time to actually get them Wink

Yziel likes this post

Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Help a new player out?   Help a new player out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 08:04

i found out the reason why battlescribe gives you an error , it is becasue you have to put the battlesize option in the patrol that you are going to use the two tolerated ambitions then its ok...
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Help a new player out?   Help a new player out? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 20:09

They did an update yesterday that fixed the Wrack issue (could only have units of 10), other things may have been fixed.

I expect a few more updates over the coming weeks, you still cannot take Transports in Coven for some reason XD
Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Help a new player out?   Help a new player out? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 14:27

It will probably take a good week or so until Battlescribe gets sorted xD
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Help a new player out?   Help a new player out? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 14:30

Just imagine how long it will take to get the GW app sorted! Mad

Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Help a new player out?   Help a new player out? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 14:33

I do not understand how people think that thing is worth money xD

In a sad not the Combat Patrol is sold out in every store in my country and with Covid+Brexit I'm it will probably take a while for the restock :/
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Help a new player out?   Help a new player out? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 15:05

Yziel wrote:
I do not understand how people think that thing is worth money xD

I don't. I find pencil, paper, codex and calculator to be the best method of putting together a list.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Help a new player out?   Help a new player out? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 16:28

Bah, may as well get a stone tablet and chisel Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help a new player out?   Help a new player out? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help a new player out?
Page 1 of 1