THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tantalus Clarifications

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tzeentch4Life
Slave
Tzeentch4Life

Tantalus Clarifications Empty
PostSubject: Tantalus Clarifications   Tantalus Clarifications I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 16:31

I was wondering if there has been any updates for the tantalus yet since the codex has come out. I'm noticing that our vehicles now have both blade artists and PFP, has the tantalus been given the same treatment? I don't have the imperial armor index and BattleScribe doesn't seem to show if it has it or not.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Clarifications   Tantalus Clarifications I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 17:10

Not at this time. Maybe during the FAQ, but that is unlikey due to Forgeworld.

If you are playing with your buddies, they should be OK with you adding this rule to the model. Honestly the Codex options are probably better anyway, taking the Tantalus may actually make your list less competitive Razz
Back to top Go down
Tzeentch4Life
Slave
Tzeentch4Life

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Clarifications   Tantalus Clarifications I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 20:22

fisheyes wrote:
Not at this time. Maybe during the FAQ, but that is unlikey due to Forgeworld.

If you are playing with your buddies, they should be OK with you adding this rule to the model. Honestly the Codex options are probably better anyway, taking the Tantalus may actually make your list less competitive Razz

Well I guess I just have to wait it out then.

How does it make it less competitive? Sorry, haven't played very competitive since probably 3rd edition. For its stats it seems pretty cost effective. The plan was running 3 x5 squads of incubi plus Drazhar inside, charging with the tantalus turn one, then unloading incubi turn 2 for more charges. Should work as long as it gets PFP so black heart allows it to advance 12" then charge.
Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Clarifications   Tantalus Clarifications I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 13:53

I think for most people it's just more appealing to take 4 Raiders for basically the same points. Makes it less possible to focus it down and it's not very durable at all.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Clarifications   Tantalus Clarifications I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 16:29

Tantalus has 18 wounds, so you cant hide it behind obsuring terrain.

Hiding behind things is the bread and butter of Dark Eldar strategy
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Clarifications   Tantalus Clarifications I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10 2021, 21:50

fisheyes wrote:
Tantalus has 18 wounds, so you cant hide it behind obsuring terrain.

Hiding behind things is the bread and butter of Dark Eldar strategy

You don't get it, the Tantalus IS the obscuring terrain. Razz

Stea1k likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Clarifications   Tantalus Clarifications I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tantalus Clarifications
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: