THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Secondary tactics.

Go down 
+4
sekac
Yziel
Garion
commandersasha
8 posters
AuthorMessage
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

Secondary tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Secondary tactics.   Secondary tactics. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 22:33

When 9th came out, I made an invaluable cheat sheet/score card that listed all the BRB Secondaries, how and when they score, and what conditions you need to be confident of scoring 10+ from each one.
(Enemy has 100+models for Thin Their Ranks, Enemy has 4+Characters for Assassinate, etc)

I am adding the new C:Dr ones, and am wondering when Fear&Terror might be viable. It scores a single VP for every enemy model that flees, so which armies is that going to be often? Marines will tend to only see a failed Morale test after losing half a squad, so maybe one more in Combat Attrition; that means halving 5 squads to hit 10VP
Orks I presume are still rarely cowards; I'm guessing horde armies without fearless, where 20 man squads might fail a test then lose another handful is viable.

Tl;Dr: which armies or builds will have 10 flee in a decent sized game?
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

Secondary tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secondary tactics.   Secondary tactics. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 00:39

The only army this might be a useful pick against is maybe Guard.

Edit: I would never take this as a secondary.
Back to top Go down
Garion
Kabalite Warrior
Garion

Secondary tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secondary tactics.   Secondary tactics. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 07:25

sweetbacon wrote:
The only army this might be a useful pick against is maybe Guard.

Edit:  I would never take this as a secondary.  

I totally agree

@commandersasha: would you share your score sheet with us please?

My blog: A painting chaos
Back to top Go down
http://apaintingchaos.blogspot.it
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Secondary tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secondary tactics.   Secondary tactics. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 16:35

I think this secondary is more about your own build.

If you run a bunch of Dark Creed, and Grisly Trophies, you should be able to make even Necrons (LD10) flee.

Too much effort for my taste. Would rather grab Assassinate as my "I dont know what to pic" choice.
Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

Secondary tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secondary tactics.   Secondary tactics. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 16:48

If you run Dark Creed and Poison Tongue you can get them to fail on 1-4 which is pretty interesting. At that point you juat have to force a ton of checks.

It sounds like a super fun, if inconsistent list to run.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

Secondary tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secondary tactics.   Secondary tactics. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 16:55

fisheyes wrote:

If you run a bunch of Dark Creed, and Grisly Trophies, you should be able to make even Necrons (LD10) flee.

Too much effort for my taste. Would rather grab Assassinate as my "I dont know what to pic" choice.

I've mostly switched off Assassinate in favor of Take them Alive. If I'm killing characters, I'm doing it in combat more often than not. And I'm definitely killing other units in combat to offset the rare character I manage to shoot off the board. Scoring 10+ is pretty reliable, even against armies with only 3 characters.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Secondary tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secondary tactics.   Secondary tactics. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 16:56

Back in 7th our best lists were known as "Freakshow" armies. They revolved around modifying leadership and making guys run away from you.

This may come back into vogue, who knows. I would be interested to see if someone smarter than myself ran a list like that (I do miss my Dark Artesian deep striking into backfields XD )
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

Secondary tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secondary tactics.   Secondary tactics. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 16:58

Several armies ignore combat attrition modifiers.  For a fun, casual game, it might be interesting to try, but it’s just far too unreliable for any kind of competitive setting.  If I can’t pretty much guarantee scoring at least 10 on a secondary , regardless of what my opponent does or how the dice pan out, I stay away from it.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

Secondary tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secondary tactics.   Secondary tactics. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10 2021, 09:18

sekac wrote:
fisheyes wrote:

I've mostly switched off Assassinate in favor of Take them Alive. If I'm killing characters, I'm doing it in combat more often than not. And I'm definitely killing other units in combat to offset the rare character I manage to shoot off the board. Scoring 10+ is pretty reliable, even against armies with only 3 characters.

I can't say the same because of Eviscerating FlyBy Very Happy
And because I can't kill 2 characters in a single turn or I will lose points.

For the Morale's check one, It's not difficult to make them fail it. Even against Marines, 2 Morale's checks failed means 2VP, and if he rolls any 1 that's a third. It's pretty easy once you get it. The problem is that we just hit too hard for now, and you will likely wipe out the unit more than making it test.

I still love Herd. I never got so many points with Engage than with Herd.
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

Secondary tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secondary tactics.   Secondary tactics. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10 2021, 22:03

I would very much like a copy of this list. So far, picking objectives is for some reason what I find the most difficult about 9th edition. XD

Myrvn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Secondary tactics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secondary tactics.   Secondary tactics. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Secondary tactics.
Page 1 of 1