THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Drazen
Slave
Drazen

500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box. Empty
PostSubject: 500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box.   500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2021, 14:16

Hi everyone.

I'm new to Drukhari (and returning to 40k after a considerable break, to the point where I'd consider myself pretty much new to the game).

I went out today and picked up a Combat Patrol box (the only one available anywhere near me, it seems) along with the codex and datacards. I also have a copy of the rules available to me.

I came up with the following 500 point beginners list, using only the contents of the Combat Patrol box.

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [28 PL, 3CP, 500pts] ++

Battle Size [3CP]: 1. Combat Patrol (0-50 Total PL / 0-500 Points)

Obsession: Kabal of the Black Heart: Thirst for Power

+ HQ +

Archon [5 PL, 90pts]: Blast Pistol, Hatred Eternal, Huskblade, Overlord, The Djin Blade, Warlord
. Splintered Genius (Black Heart): Splintered Genius

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [6 PL, 105pts]
. 7x Kabalite Warrior: 7x Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite Warrior w/ Special Weapon: Blaster
. Kabalite warrior with Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

+ Elites +

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]
. 4x Incubi: 4x Klaive
. Klaivex: Demiklaives

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [8 PL, 140pts]: 3x Dark Lance

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 85pts]: Dark Lance, Kabal

++ Total: [28 PL, 3CP, 500pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

I intend on running the Archon alongside the Incubi in the Raider, hence I wanted to try to turn him into as much of a melee threat as possible, with the Djinn Blade and the ability to fight twice once per game. It may well be overkill but I figure it's there for if needed, for example if he ends up in combat against another solid melee character, the chance to fight a second time may be what ends up winning the combat.

With the Kabalites, the idea would be to hold them back behind the Incubi/Archon, getting some shots off with their poisoned weapons, hence the Rifle on the Sybarite. I did toy with arming them more as dedicated anti infantry, with a Shredder and a Splinter Cannon, however the Blaster and Dark Lance seem too good to turn down.

It's worth noting that I won't be playing competitively, at least for the time being. Also, I'm not sure which opposing armies I'll be seeing most often, so the list is designed as a bit of a foundation to build an army from.

Any thoughts and feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box.   500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2021, 16:37

I think that's a pretty decent list from the models you have available. You don't really have that many other options in terms of units and I think Black Heart is a good choice for Kabal. Good luck with your games!

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box.   500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2021, 16:54

That looks pretty competitive at 500 points. Really couldent do better with the models you have, and honestly, you cant do much better at 500 points.

Get in those first few games, and make sure you read your codex after the match. Remembering all the various abilities/strats will take some time, and can win/lose games Wink
Back to top Go down
Drazen
Slave
Drazen

PostSubject: Re: 500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box.   500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15 2021, 22:42

Thanks for the feedback guys! I started building the models earlier on, managed to convert my Archon to a different pose which I’m much happier with, and made some good progress on the Kabalite Warriors (but man, the mould lines on their rifles are brutal!).
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box.   500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16 2021, 12:52

Ya, the mould lines are a little brutal. Seems to be a symptom of older moulds. The new Incubi have barely any. Recently bought a box of Wyches, and they have way more mould lines than the wyches I bought back when the line got revamped a milltion years ago (but could just be my faulty memory).
Back to top Go down
Patayou
Hellion
Patayou

PostSubject: Re: 500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box.   500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box. I_icon_minitimeFri May 07 2021, 12:06

Good list, as others have said, black heart is great, archon with djinn blade and hatred eternal will kill anything, especially with incubi around. One thing you might want to consider (not necessarily better) is, because you only have one special and one heavy weapon in your unit, to split your warriors into 2 units and give them each a blaster, you would trade the range of the dark lance but you would make them more flexible and gain one reroll from the black heart obsession overall (because you get one reroll per unit). Also blasters are cheaper than dark lances (and they don't get -1 to hit if you move), so that would leave you with 5 extra points to take either chain snares or grisly trophies on the raider (grisly trophies synergizes well wil incubi)

You don't have that many choices with the box, pretty much the only other option is to convert the ravager into a raider (so, just remove the turrets, magnets are good for that), upgrade your kabalites to trueborn and use the remaining points to kit out the raiders (grisly trophies + chain snares for the incubi one, splinter rack for the trueborn one). But you do lose 2 dark lances attack in the process, it's only useful if you really want everything to be in transports.
Back to top Go down
Into the darkness
Hellion
Into the darkness

PostSubject: Re: 500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box.   500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box. I_icon_minitimeWed May 26 2021, 02:38

Some solid advice. I would add don't forget to use potent mallotoxins and prey on the weak. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box.   500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

500 points beginner Drukhari list - Built from contents of the Combat Patrol box.
Page 1 of 1