THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Back in the Game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LTKage
Hellion
LTKage

Back in the Game Empty
PostSubject: Back in the Game   Back in the Game I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15 2021, 03:03

Hi Guys,

Coming back to 40k seriously now that Covid-19 is mostly gone. Completely stripped and repainted my army. This is my working concept.

Realspace Raid Brigade
Pregame: Alliance of Agony, Prizes from the Dark City (2)
Obsessions: Black Heart, Cursed Blade, and Prophets of Flesh

HQ:
Master Archon with Dijin Blade (Hatred Eternal)
Succubus with Tryptech Whip (Precision Blows)
Haemonculus with Helm of Spite (Master Artisan)
Drazhar

Elites:
5 Incubi
5 Incubi
5 Mandrakes

Troops
5 Kabalites Warriors with Blaster
5 Kabalites Warriors with Blaster
10 Bloodbrides with Shardnet
5 Wyches
5 Wyches
5 Wracks

Dedicated Transports
Raider
Raider with Grisly Trophies

Fast Attack
5 Scourge with 4 Heat Lances
3 Reavers with 1 Heat Lance
3 Reavers with 1 Heat Lance

Heavy Support
Ravager with 3 Dark Lances

Operating Principles: Would mix squads of Incubi with Wyches. This is to mitigate the "too many eggs" problem with a transport going down. The grisly trophies are to help with Incubi Tormentors. Reavers would be used for taking random objectives/harassment/9th edition recon. Same with Mandrakes, but they also add a Scrambler option. Scourge can also do this but would likely be a suicide squad. Helm of Spite is just to have something to influence the behavior of armies that have Psykers.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Back in the Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game   Back in the Game I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15 2021, 16:30

Looks about right, but I dont think you are leveraging some things enough.

You have the Master HQs, but not taking any of the upgraded troops. May be better to use those Master points elsewhere if you dont want the Trueborn/etc.

A Realspace Raid Batalion may be better as a Raiding Force (triple patrol), unless you are planning on using those Archon rerolls on your non-kabal units? An extra 2CP is very nice to have in your back pocket.

Love the Incubi/Wych raiders. I am doing that myself, and absolutely loving it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LTKage
Hellion
LTKage

Back in the Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game   Back in the Game I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16 2021, 04:50

I do actually have elite troops in the form of Bloodbrides.

I took the Master Archon for the Fight Twice, but I could see where squeezing 15 points into something else might be useful. On the other hand, he does also allow Wyches and others to re-roll and he is a fighting character.

This is a brigade and not a battalion, so I can take Drazhar. I can fit him into a Raiding Force. I think beyond the Realspace Raid, Raiding Force may be more workable just because I can consolidate Reavers into a larger unit.

I suppose the other big question is whether it's better to just take Cult of Strife if going with Raiding Force. The strats and relics are kinda OP.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Back in the Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game   Back in the Game I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16 2021, 13:07

You CAN take the CoS Relics+WLTs in a Realspace Raid, just not the Strats. Very strange restrictions.

If you are using the Archon re-rolls, than you should be good. Just wanted to point out there is more than 1 way to skin a cat (or mon-keigh Wink )
Back to top Go down
LTKage
Hellion
LTKage

Back in the Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game   Back in the Game I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19 2021, 04:15

You know, I thought about going in a different direction. I could scrape the Bloodbrides and take another Succubus. Give her the Cursed Blade Warlord Trait and Relic. She'd just be a suicide bomber, that might actually be really effective against against certain assault things in my meta that rely a bit too heavily on dumb numbers of attacks and Storm Shields.

Has anyone tried such a character?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Back in the Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game   Back in the Game I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22 2021, 16:58

Not personally, but I have heard podcasts talking about it. Seems almost a waste of the Succubus though. They are just so damn efficient right now, for certain the best beatstick character in the game (for the points)
Back to top Go down
Tzeentch4Life
Slave
Tzeentch4Life

Back in the Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game   Back in the Game I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22 2021, 18:48

Why not take a squad of trueborn? Load them out with darklight weapons and stick em in a boat. Especially as OR to get that crucial wound reroll for the dark lance and an extra 6" range on the blasters. I'm running a triple patrol with 3 trueborn squads and they've been pretty damn effective so far
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back in the Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game   Back in the Game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back in the Game
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-