THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Competative coven

Go down 
+8
krayd
Eldur
amishprn86
sekac
HERO
fisheyes
Vailex
Gazebo
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

Competative coven - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Competative coven   Competative coven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18 2021, 08:30

Eldur wrote:
Just out of curiosity, I've tried to write down a PoF coven-only list for 2000 points.

Urien Rakarth (Warlord)
Haemonculus, Master Regenerist (-1CP)
Haemonculus, the Vexator Mask
Haemoxytes x10, 3LGs, Electrocorrosive Whip
Wracks x10, 3LGs, Electrocorrosive Whip
Wracks x 20, 5LGs, Electrocorrosive Whip
Grotesques x 5
Mandrakes x 5
Mandrakes x 5
Talos x3
Chronos x3 (spirit probe, spirit vortex)
3x Raider, DL, Chain snares, Shock Prow

So, this is what it looks like (with some points to spare). To me, the thing that makes it special is the 2D3+3 wounds per command phase from the haemonculi, plus the extra wound from PoF. Also, the Chronos should be in combat for regenerating any lost grotesque and talos. I really feel that it needs another grotesque and/or talos unit to be really scary...

What do you think?

What do you mean 2D3+3 MW from Haemis?

I would split in 3 Patrols with different Covens:
-Prophets of Flesh: are really good on 20 Wracks (and 10 Haemoxities) being wounded on 4+ from everything besides Sr8, which for a unit with 1W T4 si amazing.
VexMask still dope if you bring it.
Thanks for their Transhuman-like rule, they're the only Coven that doesn't need the +1T from Haemi so much. PoF Grots work better alone (making both Sr7-6 wounding on 4+ against T5).
PoF is the "OS Troops section" of the list + a Vexator Mask.
Talos and Cronos are useless on PoF because of their native T6(7 with the Haemi).
-DT are the obvious dope-flamers units, hot flankers (3x5 Wracks with 2lique each are just 9PL, you can flank them with just 1 cp).
Great flankers/action makers/good dmg overall.
-Artists are the way to go with big guys. Talos, Cronos and Grots gain survivability and Pain Syphon can push it over the old PoF. This is the tough part of the list.
-DarkCreed. If you mix with Incubi, or just spam PGLs, they are maybe the most hard hitting guys, gaining +1 to hit against LD9- (and with Trophies around against everything). Pretty good on T2 charges, and their Master Haemi is tricky.
This works better with Incubi, I would not choice it without them.

I like these Covens.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Competative coven   Competative coven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18 2021, 12:17

Cerve wrote:
What do you mean 2D3+3 MW from Haemis?

He's talking about the Haem's Fleshcraft ability, not mortal wounds.

Cerve likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: Competative coven   Competative coven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18 2021, 16:35

I am of the opinion that as everyone adjusts to the turn 2 charge then the game will slow down and Covens will be more useful. Staying power on objectives doesn't seem that important right now when the game is conceded by turn 3, but I have seen the importance of Grots with liquifiers in two games as hard to shift units. In one game, three Grots killed two Thunderwolf Cavalry with overwatch, and in the second game my opponent chose not to assault them after doing the mental math on those DT liquifiers and had to resort to ineffective shooting to try to kill them. For armies that rely on an elite countercharging unit to retake objectives Dark Techno Grots with liquifiers seem to be a perfect counter. It does hurt that the cleaver has to be replaced, but the DT liquifier is doing the same damage as a cleaver (D6 auto hits instead of 5 attacks hitting on 3+), both wounding T4 on 3s and T5 on 4s, and both AP-2 and D2. Heck with a 7" move you can even run flamer Grots off an objective, cook an enemy unit, and then Never Stationary them back to the objective and the Haemonculus aura. They're tough buggers to get rid of.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Competative coven   Competative coven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18 2021, 17:11

If I was going to go Covens, I think I'd have to go pretty much all in, with the possible addition of Drazhar, some Incubi and Mandrakes. Rough idea, not costed yet:

Dark Creed Patrol
Haem (Skari's famous Boo-monculus)
Minimum Wrack unit
Incubi
Mandrakes
Max Raiders (for Grisly Trophies, PGL and Aura of Terror)

Dark Technomancers Patrol
Haem or Drazhar
Max 5 man Wrack units with Liquifiers
Possibly some Grots with Liquifiers
Reapers or Ravagers for some fire support

Artists of the Flesh Patrol
Haem
Min Wracks
Grots
Talos
Cronos

Try to squeeze some more Incubi in if points allow (probably not lol) and upgrade one or both Haems to Masters.

SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Competative coven   Competative coven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18 2021, 17:50

I really wish PoF would be better for Talos and Cronos. I am really liking the idea of Str. 9 Talos with a Gauntlet or two aroud Urien, but it just doesn't get much help from the PoF trait.
I have thought a lot about Covens and believe they will be a mainstay soon. Our shiny Wych toys are blinding us right now, but I do believe Coven will be making a comeback. I think they as a whole, have the most unique builds with the Custom Traits and abilities they have. I have not sat down to truly analyze (mostly blinded by Wych Cults still) but I do think they bring tools Kabal and Cults do not have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Competative coven   Competative coven - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Competative coven
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2