THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS]

Go down 
+2
sweetbacon
fisheyes
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS] Empty
PostSubject: Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS]   Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16 2021, 13:00

Art of War just posted their in-house tournament bat-rep of Nick Nanavati showcasing his Drukhari force against John Lennons Dark Angles. Very good batrep, showing how top players can pilot some top lists.

Not going to spoiler the end result of the match, but there were a lot of interseting things that happened throughout the match.

Mostly I was impressed by his DT Liquifier Wracks. Those things were able to do a LOT of work throughout the match, taking down vehicles and troops nearly every turn.

Also have a lot more respect for the Court of the Archon after seeing how he used it. Never occured to me that the weapons targetting our boats were also required to deal with the Court, overloading the Dark Angles ability to kill everything.

Really good match up, looking forward to more content.

Did anyone else get to watch the match?
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS]   Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16 2021, 15:15

I watched it and, man, what a great game! Incredibly tense and well played by both players.

I will say that I think Lennon absolutely outplayed Nanavatti the first two turns. I think Nick suffered paralysis by analysis and dithered too much about which flank to attack which gave Lennon one more turn of very effective shooting with his best assets.

I will say that I was also really impressed by the Court of the Archon. I’d dismissed it once I saw they were all T3 now but they proved to be surprisingly durable and now I understand why they would be good for WWSWF.

It might be the best battle report I’ve ever seen from AoW to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Grimoire
Hellion
Grimoire

PostSubject: Re: Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS]   Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16 2021, 23:13

is this available for anyone to view or is it hidden behind a paywall ?
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS]   Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16 2021, 23:19

Grimoire wrote:
is this available for anyone to view or is it hidden behind a paywall ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTiX524ii_4

Also shows how diverse you can build lists with the book, which says a lot about its strengths.

Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS]   Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16 2021, 23:30

Without going into too much detail for a game, since I don't want to spoil it, but a lot of the units that are good that I posted in my review is being played here EXCEPT for Court.

The way I see it, Court has a very hard defensive use, whereas I saw the great units in our book as offensive. The list that Nick used also had no Ravagers, whereas I swear by them, at least a pair-of.

I think it's important for us to consider how each list does vs. a specific matchup. I would imagine in the very-near future, we'll see more lances being played due to Admech Smile

I will say one thing though: The CE + Razors makes me just want to discount anyone playing that combo. It's just safer to not play something so questionable so you don't invalidate your wins with the FAQ comes out.

Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS]   Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18 2021, 22:12

@fisheyes, now that the RTT is finished, can we put a [Spoilers] tag on the topic and talk about it more in-depth? I'd like to talk about some things but it's impossible without spoilers lol.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS]   Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19 2021, 13:46

Absolutely.

However, I do not know how to do that myself Razz Perhapse our fearless Mod @Count Adhemar would be so kind?

I watched the Ad Mech match, but did not get around to watching the final.

Really high level play, very interesting to watch, and has helped my game a LOT (have now won 2 of 6 games!)
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS]   Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19 2021, 15:57

Man, I watched all the matches and yes Nick admits his mistakes and indecisiveness (Thank you guys for being a teaching channel) he is still getting to grips with the book and how to play them himself. In fact he mentioned that he has already changed his list some and added 15 hellions to the new version I believe.

The Net result is that this book plays the mission really well and trades better than Sisters.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS]   Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19 2021, 16:55

I played two games last weekend, both against Sisters (different generals). First game I lost 50-60, second game I won with a forefit at the end of Turn 3.

I think Sisters has a lot of tools to deal with us. Repentia are still AMAZING, and when they can get a 4++ off they are very durable too. They also have all the Heavy Bolters and Retributors (heavy weapon teams) who just annihilate anything that they point at. Very similar army to us, but we are slightly faster, have cheaper Strats, and a larger pool of units. They are slightly more durable (IMO), more reliable (miracle dice), and shoot better (more Melta than we can Lance).

Feel free to disagree, I would be interested to read why.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS]   Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19 2021, 17:54

@fisheyes Just edit your topic and put [Spoilers] in front of the thread.

I'm going to write something out in more detail, and I'll be reviewing his army list on Twitch in a couple of days.

It will also cover his other list featured here:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/15/metawatch-are-raiding-forces-the-future-of-competitive-drukhari-play/

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS]   Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19 2021, 22:25

@HERO Yes that is the list I was thinking of.  Now why my brain could not remember that Article? I blame middle age.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS]   Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20 2021, 04:42

Nanavatti’s games against Siegler’s Ad Mech and the final against Lennon’s Imperium were master classes on how to play the mission when you can’t outkill your opponent.  

He was very definitively outgunned in both games but his movement and knowing what to sacrifice to keep pace on primary, trying to score 10 while denying his opponent’s 15, and then really playing for his secondaries was really impressive to watch.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS]   Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20 2021, 11:30

fisheyes wrote:
Absolutely.

However, I do not know how to do that myself Razz Perhapse our fearless Mod @Count Adhemar would be so kind?

Done

I just finished watching all 3 of Nick's Drukhari games and was really impressed. The fact that John finished the final with about a dozen units on the table against Nick's 7 remaining models demonstrates that 9e is all about the missions and Nick played them really well. You need to constantly be thinking, not just about how to score your own points but how to deny your opponent his.

Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS]   Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20 2021, 15:09

Count Adhemar wrote:

I just finished watching all 3 of Nick's Drukhari games and was really impressed. The fact that John finished the final with about a dozen units on the table against Nick's 7 remaining models demonstrates that 9e is all about the missions and Nick played them really well. You need to constantly be thinking, not just about how to score your own points but how to deny your opponent his.

Not just that. Take it one step further, determine what points you will not be able to deny your opponent, or would be to costly to deny and forget about them don't let them enter your mind. You cannot stop everything just focus on the ones you can and trade smartly.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS]   Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21 2021, 17:16

Those dreads in the Final would have scared me to death. really impressed how Nick was able to kite them.

Also the use of the Court was suprising. How he was able to keep all his WWSWF units alive until the end of the game astounds me.

I have a much larger respect for the DT Wracks. I dont know Ad Mech well, so cant comment on that game, but the Imperial Soup match those things did WORK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS]   Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Art of War Drukhari Match [SPOILERS]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: