THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The mandrake is back

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

The mandrake is back  Empty
PostSubject: The mandrake is back    The mandrake is back  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20 2021, 10:46

This is my attempt for a competitive list.

I tried once vs White scars and he stopped the game at turn 3. He had almost nothing left.
This Wednesday I will be facing Orks. Any advice on Orks? NEver played aginst them before. Which strategem to Vect?

The list:

Obsession: Kabal of the Black Heart: Thirst for Power

+ HQ +

Archon [5 PL, 90pts]: Ancient Evil, Blast Pistol, Huskblade, Overlord, The Djin Blade, Warlord . Splintered Genius (Black Heart): Splintered Genius

+ Troops +

Kabalite Trueborn [8 PL, 140pts]
. 6x Kabalite Trueborn: 6x Splinter Rifle . Kabalite Trueborn w/ Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance . Kabalite Trueborn w/ Special Weapon: Blaster . Kabalite Trueborn w/ Special Weapon: Blaster . Trueborn Sybarite: Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter Rifle

+ Elites +

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]
. 4x Incubi: 4x Klaive
. Klaivex: Klaive

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]

+ Fast Attack +

Scourges [5 PL, 100pts]
. Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon: Heat Lance . Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon: Heat Lance . Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon: Heat Lance . Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon: Heat Lance . Solarite: Shardcarbine

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [8 PL, 140pts]: 3x Dark Lance

Ravager [8 PL, 140pts]: 3x Dark Lance

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 105pts]: Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies, Kabal, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter racks  (trueborn go here)

Raider [5 PL, 95pts]: Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies, Kabal, Phantasm Grenade Launcher (2 x wracks - maybe in deep strike)

Raider [5 PL, 95pts]: Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies, Kabal, Phantasm Grenade Launcher (10 wyches and succubus)

Raider [5 PL, 95pts]: Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies, Kabal, Phantasm Grenade Launcher (2 x 5 incubi and archon)

Raider [5 PL, 95pts]: Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies, Kabal, Phantasm Grenade Launcher ( 5 incubi and Drazhar)

Obsession: Cult of Strife: The Spectacle of Murder

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Prizes from the Dark City [-1CP] + Hekatrix of the crucibael for Morvaine's agonizer [-1]

+ HQ +

Succubus [4 PL, 75pts, -1CP]: 1 - Adrenalight (Combat Drug), Precision Blows, Stratagem: Tolerated Ambition, The Triptych Whip . Agoniser & Archite Glaive . Show Stealer (Strife): Show Stealer

+ Troops +

Wyches [6 PL, 125pts]: *Random x 2* (Combat Drug) . Hekatrix: Agoniser, Splinter Pistol +  Morvaine's agonizer . 6x Wych: 6x Hekatarii Blade, 6x Plasma Grenades, 6x Splinter Pistol . Wych w/ Hydra Gauntlets: Hydra Gauntlets . Wych w/ Razorflails: Razorflails . Wych w/ Shardnet and Impaler: Shardnet and Impaler

+ Elites +

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]

Mandrakes [3 PL, 75pts]
. 4x Mandrake: 4x Baleblast, 4x Glimmersteel Blade . Nightfiend

Obsession
. *Custom Coven*: Dark Technomancers (All-Consuming)

+ HQ +

Drazhar [7 PL, 135pts]

+ Troops +

Wracks [3 PL, 60pts]
. Acothyst: Liquifier Gun, Wrack Blade
. Wrack w/ Special Weapon: Liquifier Gun . 3x Wracks: 3x Wrack Blade

Wracks [3 PL, 60pts]

Wracks [3 PL, 60pts]

+ Elites +

Mandrakes [3 PL, 75pts]
. 4x Mandrake: 4x Baleblast, 4x Glimmersteel Blade . Nightfiend

Total: 2,000pts

A lot of Dark Lances, Close combat and potential Mortal wounds. I dont know if Heat Lances are the best loadout for the Scourges or if should swap the scourges for a Court (slyth and Urghuls). I need though the slot in the cabal for the 5th raider.

Any suggestions please?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

PostSubject: Re: The mandrake is back    The mandrake is back  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23 2021, 10:40

So, another win. There were no Orks left on the table by the end of turn 3.

But the list has some issues.

First: the Scourges do not perform very well
secondly: " small units of mandrakes are just too easy to remove.

The updated version list (and maybe a bit more ease to read)

Obsession: Kabal of the Black Heart

Court of the Archon
2 x Sslyth
2 x Ur-Ghul

+ HQ +
Archon, Ancient Evil, Blast Pistol, Huskblade, Overlord, The Djin Blade, Warlord . Splintered Genius
+ Troops +
10 x Kabalite Trueborn
2 x blaster, Dark Lance, Phantasm Grenade Launcher
+ Elites +
2 x 5 Incubi
+ Heavy Support +
2 x Ravager
+ Dedicated Transport +
1 x Raider, Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies,Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter racks (trueborn)
4 x Raiders: Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies, Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Obsession: Cult of Strife

+ HQ +
Succubus, Adrenalight (Combat Drug), Precision Blows, , The Triptych Whip, Show Stealer
+ Troops +
10 x Wyches, Hydra Gauntlets, Shardnet and Impaler, raizorflails + Morvaine's agonizer
+ Elites +
5 x Incubi
9 x Mandrakes

Obsession
*Custom Coven*: Dark Technomancers

+ HQ +
Drazhar
+ Troops +
2 x 5 Wracks + 2 x Liquifier Guns
10 x Wracks + 3 x Liquifier Guns

1,998pts

I will be playing vs Ultramarines this wednesday. Any suggestions on what to Vect and strategies vs them?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: The mandrake is back    The mandrake is back  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23 2021, 16:51

For UM, I would expect they bring GMan and some Forgeworld Dreds to benefit from his rerolls.

They have a bunch of Heroic Intervention abilities, keep an eye on your distance from his units.

The best strat they have is 1CP to allow rerolls to hit (full rerolls on Troops, 1's on non-troops), but GMan builds dont really need it. Their main strat is a 3CP redeploy, but we cant Vect that.

Glad you are doing work without a million DT Liquifiers. You have a reasonable amount in the list, which no reasonable opponent should feel bad about facing.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion
Master of Mandrakes

PostSubject: Re: The mandrake is back    The mandrake is back  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23 2021, 17:40

Thank you kindly for your feedback.

Is the DT liquifiers the “thing” now? Will that be the list to beat? So pure Coven found a Way of returning to the top tables?
I like having variation if my list so I dont spam them.

Gman Will propably be on his list - he just got the miniature. So they shoot a lot and heroic interveve. Good
to know.
So vect the redeploy strat?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The mandrake is back    The mandrake is back  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The mandrake is back
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA