THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition

Go down 
+35
citywidecrayon
Robotfloyd
Iskandur
Gdead909
Skari
KnightSeerValkia
Isifos
Kwisatz Haderach
Ebonhart
Darklord Halgas
DarkKokabel
Archon_Hellsbuttmonkey
Evil Space Elves
wilku
asmodai650
Saintspirit
Preacher
speedfreek
Angrypeasant
nalfen
Archeonlotet
Dogmar
Cailos
Massaen
Tanhausen
gunnerboy1607
POwell0
Crazy_Irish
Dez
Siticus the Ancient
Gobsmakked
Local_Ork
Marquis Vaulkhere
Sky Serpent
GAR
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Empty
PostSubject: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2011, 15:29

The First Stage of the Archon's Challenge.

Leadership. The fundamental key to success. Without it armies become mobs, carried away with the whims of those loud enough to be heard. Headless, sightless, without a unifying goal to cement them into a single purpose, they are left to flounder about like speared fish on a sandy shore.

Stage 1 will be a single HQ available in the Dark Eldar Codex. Special characters are acceptable.

Entry is open until the 21st of january 2012.

All participants must follow the rules as listed. See link

Contest rules

Submit one WIP shot to enter.

Jan 23 2012 all final pictures must be posted in the original thread.

Judging and comment will begin Jan 24. Best entry will be determined by Jan 28 2012.

A previously painted model may be used, but you must still enter a beginning WIP picture of the entered model.

All work must be your own. Honor system please.

No comments on anyone's work in this thread. They will be removed. If you wish to comment, please open a thread separately.

Good luck!

As an Example Only.

Name: GAR
User ID : u67
Army Name: The Black Halo
HQ Name: Rasputin of the Scarlet Sands

WIP Picture:
Ideally this would be just primed or only 2 or 3 colors with no shade or highlight

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition DSC01871

Since I cannot place or compete in my own contest, this is for fun and reference.

Last edited by GAR on Mon Dec 12 2011, 22:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11 2011, 23:23

Username: Sky Serpent
User ID: u1
Army Title: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents
HQ Entry: The Dark Artiste (Haemonculus, name also WIP Razz)

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition 003

This is the Haemonculus that I am currently working on, he comprises of parts from Urien, the generic Haemi, Talos kit, Flagellants and an Archon's soul trap.

The idea of the Artiste is he acts as Duke's head beautician and practicing artist, always on the lookout for 'subjects' for his next masterpiece. He will not be far from the Duke in the time of war and realspace raids as he curates his own impromptu exhibitions on the battlefield.

To suggest his artistic nature, he has three portraits on show, carried by the tendrils and limbs on his back. My original idea for these was to simply paint portraits on them with possible real life nods but that will be saved for another project in the army; instead I find him using his Shattershard to trap his subjects inside paintings or maybe something even more complex would be a lot more satisfying.

CRITQUE
My comments are not meant to be taken as derisive or dismissive. I am posting my thoughts as judge on each submission so each of you will know what I see, what I think about it and how to improve. My goal is to help all of us be proud of what we have accomplished and how to get even better. I know one of the best things I could get when I was competing for my Demons was the judges and fellow competitors critique. I wish to share those lessons I picked up with you guys.

This is a really great looking conversion and I am sad that a final model was not submitted. I think it has a great feel to it, rather sinister. The look is like it is watching its plans come to fruition or like a spider who has caught a fly in its web.

This model does qualify to be resubmitted for the next HQ edition in the future whenever that may be.

Last edited by Sky Serpent on Mon Dec 12 2011, 23:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12 2011, 00:27

Username: Marquis Vaulkhere
User ID: u670
Army Title: Lords of the Iron Thorn
HQ entry: Archon Marquis Vaulkhere ~ Lords of the Iron Thorn.

The current wearer of the Ironthorn Crown is the dangerously crazed Marquis Vaulkhere, a towering and bombastic lotus-fiend who spends only a few minutes every cycle in his right mind. Marquis practically bleeds an aura of faded grandeur, but woe betide any who criticise his leadership, for under his velvet façade of sophistication lurks an unholy terror just waiting for an excuse to maim and kill.

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition IMG_1684

And here is the finished Archon. As he is my first DE model to be painted I am not 100% happy with the end result and intend to replace him once I have perfected my DE painting skills.

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition IMG_1718

+Updated++Complete+

CRITIQUE
My comments are not meant to be taken as derisive or dismissive. I am posting my thoughts as judge on each submission so each of you will know what I see, what I think about it and how to improve. My goal is to help all of us be proud of what we have accomplished and how to get even better. I know one of the best things I could get when I was competing for my Demons was the judges and fellow competitors critique. I wish to share those lessons I picked up with you guys.

The conversion on this is simply amazing. I am not sure that is as dark or sinister as something more typical of the fluff, but the face mask makes it appear quite indifferent, which is in of itself fitting the fluff of the Dark Eldar. The dynamics are very good and it has a proper flow of lines of action so nothing seems really out of place.

The final painting on this is hit or miss. Some parts, such as the arms, are quite good, but other areas, like the robes or face mask look like they started off well, but time was not your friend. The flames or wind the figure is standing on looks incomplete as well. So while I get the impression this is not finished, I see the tremendous potential still in this and I feel this will surely be a stunning model that will draw many adoring fans.

Last edited by Marquis Vaulkhere on Tue Jan 24 2012, 01:03; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12 2011, 05:47

Username: Local_Ork
User ID: u92
Army Title: "Coven of Dyschromia", don't ask why.
HQ entry: Flamer Haemounculus (not sure about wargear yet. Maybe more, maybe less. For sure it would be Haemonculus...)

Last edited by Local_Ork on Tue Dec 13 2011, 13:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12 2011, 06:37

Username: Gobsmakked
User ID: u9
Army Title: The Serpents' Breath Corsairs
HQ entry: Baroness Sathonyx.

WIP pic:

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition BaronessSathonyx-2

Comment thread is linked here.

I am kidding myself that I will get a new conversion for Vect made and painted for this comp, so I am going to finally finish my Baroness instead. Incredibly, this was one of the very first DE conversions I did with the new range basically a year ago, and I still haven't painted it. Sad

Finished pics:

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition BaronessSathonyx-1

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition BaronessSathonyx-2-1

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition BaronessSathonyx-3

CRITIQUE

The conversion work is very well done, and I applaud the highly creative skyboard/catamaran. its a great idea and could be used for a number of other options in a DE army such as venoms.

The paint on the final product is pretty good as well. The darker muted colors are a good choice and overall the scheme is well done. However, what I find distracting, is that the base draws more attention to the eye than the model does. What I see here as the biggest drawback to the model, overall, is that there needs to be a brighter accent on the model to draw they eye from the base to the model. I can see where the brighter blue was used, and the green, and it may be the pictures that do not reflect what is there in real life. But if you look closely, the yellow grass really contrasts with the blue-grey scheme, and is a complement to the green and blue. That is why the base draws attention more so than the model itself.

It really boils down to use of color in the right amounts, which is really a challenge to get a good feel for. Like I said, I think the colors are well done, but there needs to be a little something extra on the model to keep the eye focused on the model and not the base.

What I think could be done to this, without having to redo it, and would give the eye pop to really make this stand out are some yellow orange details or zig zags on the model that would tie the model all together. Something similar or slightly brighter than the grass would pull the attention back on to an already very nice model.

I used to hate when I got told this kind of stuff, but it really helped me to think my models through a little more and it made a lot of difference later on.

I think this is a great entry and will wow anyone who is fortunate, or unfortunate if you are on the other side of the table, to see it in person. It certainly is an HQ to be proud of.

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Mon Jan 23 2012, 07:57; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12 2011, 13:58

Username: Siticus the Ancient
User ID: u494
Army title: The Wailing Doom Corsairs
HQ entry: Dread Archon Talari Twinblade

WIP:
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition IMG_6345

Finished:
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition IMG_6385
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition IMG_6384
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition IMG_6383

CRITIQUE

So my initial thoughts is the conversion very well done. I had initially thought the head was one of the Wood elf heads, so props to you for fooling me on the conversion! Great job there. The shoulder pads are not DE pads as best I can tell, so they look just a little off with the rest of the model. Its not a bad thing, just an observation. Maybe a little filing or trimming would help them seem more in line with the model range, but that is just a very minor thing,

The painting is pretty good. I see some off source lighting on the gem in the chest and that looks pretty good. I'm not super sure about the OSL on the shoulder pads, I'm not 100% that is OLS or highlighting.

2 things come to mind on the figure.
1) the figure needs some stronger highlighting or shading, and I am thinking shading. With a grey armor color, its a neutral color and it really needs help to "pop" I see that black has been used to line shade, but might have run a mix of badab black and Asuryan blue to darken the figure a little more, then comeback with the base color and highlights.

2) there are too many colors. I try to keep to a maximum of 3 colors on all my figures. On this figure I see, as major colors that are competing for attention, Grey, Red, Blue, Green and White. One thing that helps is to use neutral colors so the main color you want to stand out does. Its a little challenging to pick up, but once you begin to understand color selection and using your palette, your figures will start looking much much better, from a color standpoint.

To go into a little more detail, the red and the blue really draw the viewers attention away from the body of the model. But since the green contrasts with the red, my eye tends to wander all over the model instead of the fine sculpt work on the face and head. and so as a viewer, I look at the cape, then at the loincloth and then the swords, then white fur cape and then down to the fuel tanks and the cape again and so on. I hope this makes sense to you.

That being said, the base work is good and I like how it was built up to fit the figure in a good dynamic pose. The color on the cape is very vibrant and I like how the highlight colors are more pronounced near the top of the cape and not so much near the bottom. I get the feeling you were trying some Zenithal lighting and would say you are off to a good start.

Overall, this is a well done figure and makes a great archon/focal point and it will certainly draw attention on the table top!

f.

Last edited by Siticus the Ancient on Thu Jan 05 2012, 16:22; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12 2011, 14:35

Username: Dez
User ID: u597
Army Title: The Corsairs of the Scarlet Fiend
HQ Entry: Baron Sarthonyx

Comment Thread: https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t1939-hq-edition-comment-thread-dez

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition 24dfd789

Modified

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition F8483e17

And PIP.

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Baron8
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Baron7
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Baron6
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Baron5
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Baron4
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Baron3
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Baron2
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Baron1

CRITIQUE

Holy Green Goblin Batman, this figure has a lot going for it!
Dark moody base - check.,
Bright vivid color to contrast with dark moody base - check
Dynamics Jackie Chan would love - check

The dynamics of this are really very good, and I like the flow of it, even the cape is in a agreement with the overall direction of the model.

Painting, it is very bright with the red, and the black skyboard is quite dark, which makes the rider stand out more than it probably should. My thoughts, the skyboard I think is not highlighted enough. I feel another highlight level on the very tips of all the pointy bits on the skyboard would have been really benificial.

Conversely, the rider would benefit from a bit more shading. One thing I like to do with my reds is shade with a bit of blue, which is a cool color, and then keep going with the red the way you have it. the blue will naturally make the red stand out a bit more with out it being quite so intense. The blue is also not a huge wash over the entire model, you apply it in the darkest deepest recesses. I would not use black, since the eye perceives black differently from blue.

One thing that is hard for me to see is the facemask. I see you did some conversion work on it, but I don't have a good view of it.

I had thought about offering that some details on the skyboard to complement the red, but the more I thought about it, I think the black and red contrast is what you were going for and that is really does work for the model as a whole.

It may just be the pictures, but it looks like the hell glaive has a bit muted look. I like this a lot. I often feel we goo a little to over the top on bright weapons, give a dull well used one anyday.

I highly approve of the cork on the flight stand. Cork has got to be one of the best kept secrets in the hobby today.

Good stuff there. Very nice centerpiece you have here.

Last edited by Dez on Tue Jan 24 2012, 08:03; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12 2011, 18:11

Username: crazy_irish
User ID: u103
Army Title: The Coven of the Grim Faced
HQ Entry: Haemonculus Ancient
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Haemi013
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Haemi014
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Haemi015

CRITIQUE

I recall seeing the WIP for this figure and it was quite good. The conversion work is well done and it is hard to tell where the transitions are, which is what we want when doing conversion work.

The painting is well done and I don't see any major blemishes. I do see several different layers of color on the cloak which helps break up a plain flesh color.
The skin appears to be slick or wet, which adds a real creepy feel to the figure. I would however, like to see stronger highlighting on the skin and the green skirt he has on. Those would really add to the intensity of the figure and are just a bit too subtle to make this one stand out like I feel it can. I totally get this, since I struggle myself with subtle and more often than not I have to go back and increase my highlights to make the figure look the its supposed to look as I envisioned it.

The thing that really helps this figure out, to me is the background on the base. The arch is a very nice touch and it really helps the figure have some menace, which is hard for a static figure. I would add, however, I feel that the arch needs some more interest, such as some wear and tear or a battle damage, as well as stronger highlighting.

I feel that with those suggestions, this figure would go from amazing to stunning. This is a great looking model!

Last edited by Crazy_Irish on Fri Jan 06 2012, 23:55; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
POwell0
Kabalite Warrior
POwell0

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12 2011, 20:58

Username: POwell0
User ID: u637
Army Title: Kabal of the Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress
HQ Entry: Succubus - Heldana Linvail the Withered Mistress herself!!

My WIP pics:
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Heldan10
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Heldan11

Finished pics:
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition P1030410

CRITIQUE

This model has a lot of dynamics going on. I like the added bits included into this such as the spear and blade on the pistol. Those are great additions to dress this figure up. I almost feel like the pose is a little off, almost like she is leaning back a bit to much, but really it could be any number of things. It just feels a little off. Not a big deal.

The painting, while it is not what we would call Golden Demon Quality, it is very neat and clean. I say this because it is important to note that not every model has to be museum quality in terms of its technical difficulty. A blended model that is sloppy is still sloppy, and this figure is meticulously clean and neat which from a painters perspective is very important.

The colors used are also well thought out. Purple body suit with the red-orange hair makes a nice contrast and the gold goes well with the red-orange. Not too busy or complicated.

This is a well done figure which was well thought out and will look great on the table.

Last edited by POwell0 on Fri Jan 13 2012, 16:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 03:44

Username: gunnerboy1607
User ID: u707
Army Title: Corsairs of the Shivering Isles
HQ Entry: The feared Archon Fusro Caranath

WIP photo:
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Dsc01110

Finished product:
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Dsc00110

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Dsc00111

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Dsc00112

Very Happy !!!

CRITIQUE

The conversion on this model is first rate. The pose is good, and what a great idea it was to use CW Eldar bits to add soe interest to the figure.

The painting is interesting. What I mean by this is some parts are well done, others seem untidy. The armor has the most attention to detail, but areas like the cloak on his back seem not as neat, which is unfortunate from an otherwise brilliant figure.

The color selection is good, it has a goof feel to it. And while there are lots of different colors, they are small and bunched together so they do not compete for the eyes attention. Very well done.

The banner is a nice touch. I like the banner, its simple, effective, and make you wonder if this is CWE or DE. All the better to get up and close and personal with.

I like this figure very much. It is well thought out, executed cleanly for the most part, and is in a striking color scheme that will certainly draw attention.

Last edited by GAR on Wed Feb 08 2012, 17:29; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Posting the finished photos.)
Back to top Go down
Tanhausen
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 12:02

Username: Tanhausen

Used ID: u721

Army Title: Soul Harvesters

HQ Entry: Beauty Surgeon (Haemunculi)
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 12:38

Username: Massaen
Used ID: u308
Army Title: Kabal of Shattered Thorns
HQ Entry: Drazhar

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Drazhar2

Edit 18 Dec...

and the finished model

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Drazhartop1

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Drazharside1

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Drazharfront1

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Drazharside2

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Drazharback1

CRITIQUE

I like this conversion. The figure is very dynamic, has a lot of visual interest and the conversion neat and clean.

Painting, it is another simple paint scheme. Black and white, no shade or highlight on the armor that I can see in t the pictures. But I feel I need to comment that it is very neat and clean, and the color selection is well doe as well.I am not sure how much technical skill the painter has, or maybe in working with black and white, BUT and its a big butt, he has painted a very precise figure with great attention and it is very impressive. Give me a great looking, but simply executed model any day over a more technically difficult but cluttered looking model any day. An entire army painted like this would be amazing to see, its so clean that the neatness speak for itself.

An excellent figure, and one to be proud of. I am very fond of this style of painting and it always impresses me when I see it well done.

Last edited by Massaen on Sun Dec 18 2011, 08:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 19:46

Username: Cailos
Used ID: u488
Army Title: Kabal of the Void Sky
HQ Entry: Archon Seliniana Sercot

I am going to have to say I will not be able to do this one. I can't find the mini anymore. This is why you shouldn't let your wife clean you warhammer stuff up without you around because you lose stuff. It was my fault really I should put it somewhere other than on top of the TV.

Last edited by Cailos on Wed Jan 04 2012, 20:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 22:03

Username: Dogmar
User ID: u733
Army Title: Kabal of the Frozen Sun (WIP name)
HQ Entry: Haemonculus Ath'anyr, the Adept

WIP:
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition P1010270
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition P1010269

Finished:
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition P1010272
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition P1010277
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition P1010274

The right hand is different because I broke the original one in the painting process - damn failcast.
More pictures on demand after the voting.

CRITIQUE

The model is a straight up out of the box haemii. it is well put together, I don't see any gaps or mold lines.

Painting. The paint scheme is excellent. I think the cloak is dry brushed, but it looks like a lot of time was taken to prevent a grainy feel from appearing on it. The colors are great, the shade and highlight is neatly done and is subtle, which is something I like. Also, I love that the metallics were shaded. Major brownie points with me, since so often, they are just painted on and left as bare metal.

Very nice. Very nice indeed.

Last edited by Dogmar on Thu Jan 19 2012, 21:58; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 04:34

Username: Archeonlotet
UserID: u703
Army Title: Marauders of the Bleak Moon (WIP)
HQ Entry: Baroness Sathonyx

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Baroness

Finished Product - I hope you guys enjoy it Smile

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Baroness1

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Baroness2

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Baroness3

CRITIQUE

I like the use of the Dark Elf Sorceresss bits. its a nice conversion.

The painting is pretty good, I can see the dry brush highlights on the hair and sky board, but then I see layering on the body of the baroness, and it looks a little off.

Overall the figure has a cool feel, what I think would give it more vibrance is to use a normal warmer fleshtone. I know the GW art has DE as darker more grey, and thats fine. There is nothing wrong with the skin tone. My only point, from a painter perspective, is that a warm tone would stand out more than a cooler one. But if it clashes with the army as a whole, then not so much. Its a relatively minor knitpick, and is mostly a matter of preference and not a problem per se with the figure as a whole.

I like the metallics on the pants. Its an interesting feature to the model.

Last edited by Archeonlotet on Tue Jan 10 2012, 01:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nalfen
Hellion
nalfen

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 16:45

Username: Nalfen
UserID: u462
Army Title: Cult of the Sweet Oblivion
HQ Entry: Baron Sathonyx

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Img_0918
Back to top Go down
Angrypeasant
Hellion
Angrypeasant

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 17:14

Name: angrypeasant
User ID : u711
Army Name: <insert name here>
HQ Name: GW Succubus

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition DSC_0112

Its coming to my house in my stocking... minor conversion, perhaps a weapon swap

Last edited by Angrypeasant on Wed Dec 28 2011, 06:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2011, 09:46

Name: speedfreek
User ID : u46
Army Name: Harlequinade Macabre
HQ Name: Haemonculi

A first rough WIP.
Will post a finished model before paintingwhen I get that far.
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition 26c89386
some progress later...
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Ebe07f83
And just before painting
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition 8974d935

And finally done!

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition 6c16fc76

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Bfc7f045

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Bed45fd5

Last edited by speedfreek on Sat Jan 21 2012, 08:34; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2011, 10:40

Name: Preacher
User ID : u83
Army Name: Sundered Venom Warband, Kabal of the Poisoned Claw
HQ Name: Soldaan Kerunat

WIP Picture:
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition IMAG0339
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition IMAG0333-1
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition IMAG0336-1

Edit: Completed (for the time being) Pictures:
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition IMAG0659
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition IMAG0660
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition IMAG0662

Last edited by Preacher on Thu Jan 12 2012, 22:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2011, 17:08

Name: Saintspirit
User ID : u65
Army Name: Kabal of the Shadow Phoenix
HQ Name: The Dusk Knight, Hierarch of the Dark Temple (Counts as Drazhar)

WIP Picture:
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition L1170469
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition L1170470

Finished Picture:
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition L1170934
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition L1170935

Last edited by Saintspirit on Sun Jan 22 2012, 20:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
asmodai650
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19 2011, 22:41

Username: Asmodai650
User ID: u294
Army Title: undecided....
HQ Entry: Lilith Hesperax (as soon as christmas comes!)
Back to top Go down
http://asmodai650.blogspot.com
wilku
Archon's Challenge HQ Winner
Archon's Challenge HQ Winner

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2011, 13:53

Username: wilku
User ID: u819
Army Title: yet to be named
HQ Entry: Lhamaean (thanks for approving it)

Stage 1:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/17/12/16/04/stage_10.jpg

(I finally understand what finecast is for - increasing GS sales Evil or Very Mad )

Stage 2:
Finished face, shading of the dres in progress. She'll be an ice queen for sure Smile
https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/17/12/16/04/lhamae10.jpg

(GS still to do Sad and generally speaking the cast sucks :/ )

Stage 3:
Almost finished - still to do: poison on the sword, the bone in her hair... (GS), some final touch-ups & a base
https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/17/12/16/04/stage_11.jpg

FINISHED Smile
(three shots, to see better. I'm kind of... proud of it Smile )
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Final-10

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Final-11

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Final-12

Last edited by wilku on Sat Jan 14 2012, 23:14; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 05:27

Username: Evil Space Elves
Usedr ID: u327
Army Title: The Baron's Flying Circus
HQ Entry: Baron Sathonyx

(EDIT)
Really should have read the rules better. I thought that the entry was due December 21st, not January 21st. Evil or Very Mad Scratch that Archon; I can easily get this Baron conversion(heavily stealing from Dez!) done by then!
(Just to add yet ANOTHER Baron to this contest! Laughing )
Very WIP:
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition 2011-12-21_23-00-15_811
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition 2012-01-15_22-21-12_895

I think that I will try to do only entries that fly or don't touch the ground for the Archon's Challenge. Should be fun!
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition 2012-01-22_00-38-09_74
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition 2012-01-22_00-38-23_112
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition 2012-01-22_00-38-35_564
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition 2012-01-22_00-39-07_930

Last edited by Evil Space Elves on Sun Jan 22 2012, 08:56; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Archon_Hellsbuttmonkey
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 07:48

Name: Archon_Hellsbuttmonkey
User ID : u824
Army Name: The Kabal of the Shattered Wind
HQ Name: Malekor the Infernal

I have had the old Urien Rakarth model knocking around my collection unpainted for about 12 years and when I restarted 40k I thought it was a good opportunity to have a different model for my Ancient.

WIP Picture:
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition 30cm5c2

UPDATE:
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Mn721

started work on his skin first, trying to go for a scalded, peeling look to it.

UPDATE 2:
The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition Kapmhs

THE FINAL MODEL

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition 4r5btx

Last edited by Archon_Hellsbuttmonkey on Sun Jan 22 2012, 11:31; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
DarkKokabel
Hellion
DarkKokabel

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 06:04

Username: DarkKokabel
User ID: u356
Army Title: The Corsairs of the Clockwork Angels
HQ Entry: Asdrubael Vect (in a very bright and steampunk fashion)

WIP:

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition 2011-110

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition 2011-111

Finished product will be up just before due. Working on a model for a painting contest/40k event at my local GW. Sorry about the couple of extra colors, as you can see though it's still mostly not done or anywhere close and thanks for approval.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition   The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Archon's Challenge Stage 1 HQ edition
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next