THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Coven vs Custodes 1500pts

Go down 
+2
Zenotaph
sekac
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Coven vs Custodes 1500pts Empty
PostSubject: Coven vs Custodes 1500pts   Coven vs Custodes 1500pts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2021, 15:53

This week end i'll play a 1500pts game with one of my friend
He will play Custodian and me Drukhari
I intend on using (abusing) the Liquifier combo with DT in a pure coven list.
I don't intend on going toe to toe with his units, i intend on playing board control all while making him think twice before charging me.
Any input or suggestions are welcome!

Note: i'm using the GW app, so some bugs like a still can't Master an Haemonculus and add the favourite retinue (something i think will change when the update will be active on my phone) so the reason why there are still 20pts available

here goes the list:

Dark Liquidmancer
Drukhari - Strike Force - Eternal War ( 12CP - 1480PT - 520PT )

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 0CP - 1480PT )
SUB-FACTION: Dark Technomancer

HQ
WARLORD: Haemonculus (100)
LORDS OF COMMORRAGH UPGRADE: Alchemical Maestro
TRAITS: Twisted Animator
RELICS: Poisoner's Ampule

Haemonculus (80)
TRAITS: Master Regenesist
RELICS: The Nightmare Doll
STRATAGEMS: Prizes from the Dark City, Tolerated Ambition

TROOPS
Wracks (115)
1x Acothyst: Electrocorrosive whip, Liquifier gun
2x Wrack: Liquifier gun
7x Wrack

Wracks (115)
7x Wrack

Wracks (115)
7x Wrack

ELITES
Grotesques (225)
5x Grotesque: Liquifier gun

FAST ATTACK
Scourges (100)
1x Solarite
2x Scourge: Heat lance
2x Scourge: Blaster

HEAVY SUPPORT
Cronos (85) Spirit vortex, Spirit probe

Talos (375)
3x Talos: 2x Heat lance, Twin liquifier gun

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
Raider (85)

Raider (85)

STRATAGEMS
Prizes from the Dark City (1CP)
Tolerated Ambition (1CP)

Total Command Points: 2/14
Reinforcement Points: 520
Total Points: 1480/2000

Last edited by Kalmah on Wed Apr 28 2021, 17:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Coven vs Custodes 1500pts   Coven vs Custodes 1500pts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2021, 17:11

I think, the two Relics are with the wrong Haemi. Only the Master Haemonculus can geht the 'Poisoners Ampule'.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Coven vs Custodes 1500pts   Coven vs Custodes 1500pts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2021, 17:19

oops, will need to validate! thanks for the heads up Smile this won't be a big deal to change it for something else
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Coven vs Custodes 1500pts   Coven vs Custodes 1500pts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2021, 17:26

there, i've just revised the list to reverse the two relics
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Coven vs Custodes 1500pts   Coven vs Custodes 1500pts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2021, 17:43

It looks very good.

I would consider dropping 1 squad of wracks and splitting another into 2 squads of 5. This would give you enough points to add a 3rd raider and another grotesque, then split the grotes into 2 squads of 3.

This would allow you to run 2 Raiders with 5 wracks, 3 grotesques and one raider with 10 wracks and 1 haemonculus. The other haemy keeps the Talos/Chronos company.

Having too many guys on foot will only play to the strengths of custodes' hail of bolter fire they can lay down.  Keep your army mobile and able to absolutely saturate an area with 5 liquifiers coming from Raiders.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Coven vs Custodes 1500pts   Coven vs Custodes 1500pts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2021, 17:53

Ho thats cleaver @sekac! will for sure update my list to reflect something like that!
huge thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Coven vs Custodes 1500pts   Coven vs Custodes 1500pts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2021, 18:01

Hmm, your opponent is a friend, you say? Well, maybe not much longer... 😦

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Coven vs Custodes 1500pts   Coven vs Custodes 1500pts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2021, 18:08

Here are my thoughts on 1500 Liquefier Spam.

1) 2 DT patrols with 6, 5 man wrack squads w/ 2 Liquefiers no melee upgrades. with your 2 Haemonculus. this is your base 12 LGs

2) 4 Raiders, 2 with 5 point upgrade of your choice.

3) 2 units of 3 LG Grots. each unit will fit in a Raider with a wrack unit. 6 LG

4) 4 Cronos fully upgraded in 2 units. I like 3 and 1. 4 better than LG shots.

This is 1500 points on the nose, and you have 22 DT flamer weapons, 2 more anti armor weapons, and everything except Cronos start in a boat.

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Coven vs Custodes 1500pts   Coven vs Custodes 1500pts I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29 2021, 04:19

@Dalamar that sounds like a great plan, but sadly i'm missing some parts of it to complete it Sad
I'm missing the 4th raider and i only have 1 Chronos (note that i could proxy my 3x Talos)

@Zenotaph yah i know i'm playing with a soon-to-be closed black hole in the game that is the nonsense of the DT combo with liquifier guns, but i'm playing against a friend with 15 years of experience in the game and i've only played for like 5 turns of experience (splited in like 3 games) and he'S aware i will play that.............and i've got a revenge to take as he completely obliterated my army last game with his Iron Hands army vs my experimental Realspace Raid army Evil or Very Mad

that being said, here is my latest iteration of my list, taking into account some of the advices!

Dark Liquidmancer
Drukhari - Strike Force - Eternal War ( 12CP - 1480PT - 520PT )

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 0CP - 1480PT )
SUB-FACTION: Dark Technomancer

HQ
WARLORD: Haemonculus (100)
LORDS OF COMMORRAGH UPGRADE: Alchemical Maestro
TRAITS: Twisted Animator
RELICS: Poisoner’s Ampule

Haemonculus (80)
TRAITS: Master Regenesist
RELICS: The Nightmare Doll
STRATAGEMS: Prizes from the Dark City, Tolerated Ambition

TROOPS
Wracks (110)
1x Acothyst: Liquifier gun
7x Wrack

Wracks (60)
1x Wrack: Liquifier gun
3x Wrack

Wracks (60)
1x Wrack: Liquifier gun
3x Wrack

ELITES
Grotesques (135)
3x Grotesque: Liquifier gun

Grotesques (135)
3x Grotesque: Liquifier gun

FAST ATTACK
Scourges (100)
1x Solarite
2x Scourge: Heat lance
2x Scourge: Blaster

HEAVY SUPPORT
Cronos (70)

Talos (375)
3x Talos: 2x Heat lance, Twin liquifier gun

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
Raider (85)

Raider (85)

Raider (85)

STRATAGEMS
Prizes from the Dark City (1CP)
Tolerated Ambition (1CP)

Total Command Points: 2/14
Reinforcement Points: 520
Total Points: 1480/2000
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Coven vs Custodes 1500pts   Coven vs Custodes 1500pts I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29 2021, 11:55

OK, i totally see your point now. Obliterate him. 😁

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Coven vs Custodes 1500pts   Coven vs Custodes 1500pts I_icon_minitimeSun May 02 2021, 02:12

...and the results are in!!
Rejoice fellow archons because today i come back home with a great host of fresh slaves!
And not some banal slaves, i bring home the great Custodes!

My game today was a complete success!
Important note, we don'T play with secondary objectives, we prefer to play with the Open War mission pack, really funnier and less complicated in the way the victory points a accumulated as we play really casual, drinking some beer and talking, so its easier to keep track Wink

we played the entire 5 turns and i won 17-6
i chose to let him play first, but carefully hid all my transports and Talos, so he could'nt shoot anything nor charge as the Custodes are rather slow, except for his bikers.
He placed them in the open but my 3 Talos where in range, so in the end of the 1st turn i already completely disptached his 3 bikers (he was really surprised by my firepower, really wasnt expecting his custodes to be hit this hard) and after that i kept the upper hand all game long, be it on for the board control or the number of model destroyed.

a really fun game and trully this combo is strong!
but next list will be something completely different!
i will try my 2000pts Kabal list i wrote in another topic Smile
Back to top Go down
Kevin b
Slave
Kevin b

PostSubject: Re: Coven vs Custodes 1500pts   Coven vs Custodes 1500pts I_icon_minitimeThu May 27 2021, 19:50

Amazing.
What do scourge in your list? I will test but I feel expensive and o e shot unit.
But I'm beginner
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Coven vs Custodes 1500pts   Coven vs Custodes 1500pts I_icon_minitimeThu May 27 2021, 21:10

Kevin b wrote:
Amazing.
What do scourge in your list? I will test but I feel expensive and o e shot unit.
But I'm beginner
I can't speak for Kalmah, but I find my Scourges are a very flexible unit. I have Blasters on them, so they will usually take out a medium vehicle or monster on the turn they act, or do most of a big vehicle, or half a Titanic. Then use the Fire And Fade stratagem to get them out of sight.

If you keep them 17" away from their target, they're safe from lots of dice, and a waste of powerful one-shots, so as long as you've also sent big targets down the middle, your opponent might just leave them another turn.

Be flexible with their deployment, especially against an opponent who you play regularly: sometimes Deep Strike deep in enemy terrain (especially for Line Breaker, Engage On All Fronts etc), sometimes deep strike safely in your home zone for a perfect shot from cover, but just as often start them on the board, that 12" movement gets you places fast! And sometimes, counter-intuitive as it may feel, hang them back! In turn 3 or 4, when your opponent has lost lots of his small arms, they suddenly have no defense against a swooping tank-killer unit!

Sometimes they get wiped with no action. But often they make back double their points!

They are SUCH a typical Drukhari unit: devastating, but fragile!

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Coven vs Custodes 1500pts   Coven vs Custodes 1500pts I_icon_minitimeFri May 28 2021, 21:23

in fact the Scourges are amongst my favorite units from our codex.
If i have some spare Fast slots in my army, i almost always include them.
As stated by commandersasha, they are really flexible: they are good anti-infantry (with Shredders and Splinter Canon) and excellent as anti-tank (Dark Lance and Blaster).
Because of their innate deep strike ability, they are always where you want them or where they are needed (unless the opponent screens like a real master).
And surprisingly, they can hold their ground very well against light weapons.
and the opponent just can't let them live.

If you never tried them, they truly deserve at least a shot Smile

commandersasha likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coven vs Custodes 1500pts   Coven vs Custodes 1500pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coven vs Custodes 1500pts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: