THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New figures

Go down 
+5
GreyArea
Vailex
Yziel
Count Adhemar
fisheyes
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Green Envy
Slave
Green Envy

New figures Empty
PostSubject: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeWed May 05 2021, 13:21

Just disappointed that we get a new codex with 3 new models (I am including the incubi and Drazhar along with Lelith). The sister came out last year and now they are getting a new codex (ok) and a bunch of new models (come on). I realize this is a rant and something to get off my chest. I see we are going back to being the red headed step child again. I feel it was something that needed to be said. I know we are all think it.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeWed May 05 2021, 13:39

Personally, I cant wait until the focus leaves us and moves onto those other factions.

We are just getting too much hate right now (which I dont feel is warranted, but I have not played against us with Marines since the new codex), new models would only add to that.

Kinda disapointed we didnt get a new Grot kit. The new unit size made me hope for a new 3 model kit :/

harlokin and GreyArea like this post

Back to top Go down
Green Envy
Slave
Green Envy

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeWed May 05 2021, 13:51

I'm not complaining about the Codex's. I realize they need to change for 9th editions. It the lack of new models like grots as you say, mandrakes and others.

Where I am at I don't get to play because of shut down is still happening by me hope it opens up in June. So I don't hear the complain yet.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeWed May 05 2021, 14:49

We got a new model range only 11 years ago. Ask the crystalcuddlers, when their guardians came out.

Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeWed May 05 2021, 15:08

While sisters did get new models recently their range is currently very small 1 HQ option (excluding named characters), 1 Troop choice. 4 of their units being built from 1 kit, both jump troops from 1 kit, both walkers from 1 kit...

Their range of models was honestly quite sad.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeWed May 05 2021, 15:26

And the SoB Walker looks like a joke. I mean, it must be, right? My WH Group calls it a Babycarrier...

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeWed May 05 2021, 15:27

I don't begrudge Sisters getting more new models but I swear that if GW bring out yet another friggin' Primaris Lieutenant when there are so many other factions in desperate need of models I may have to nuke Nottingham in a fit of pique.

The Strange Dark One, TheBaconPope, LordSplata, Gelmir, Soulless Samurai and GreyArea like this post

Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeWed May 05 2021, 15:31

I hope they keep doing more Craftworld vs Drukhari boxes with new models, maybe one for the Ynnari update whenever that happens? Good thematic way to flesh out the factions

A few updated kits every so often would go a long way.
Back to top Go down
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeWed May 05 2021, 16:04

Zenotaph wrote:
We got a new model range only 11 years ago. Ask the crystalcuddlers, when their guardians came out.

Omg has it really been 11 years....I feel so old now
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeWed May 05 2021, 16:44

Vailex wrote:
Zenotaph wrote:

Omg has it really been 11 years....I feel so old now
5th edition Codex copyright 2010. Coven and Scourges came a bit later. No normal Succubus, just Lelith.
No Demiglaive, no options for the Archon, just the plain standard sets. And boy, was I happy. Cool

Hellion
toldavf

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeWed May 05 2021, 21:41

I would of loved some true born models with lots of options, currently playing cabal you are forced to hire allot of muscle in. Razz
Back to top Go down
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeThu May 06 2021, 14:05

All this being said. We have a really nice looking line up of models. All I want right now is Vect and his party boat. It would be nice to have a LoW
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeThu May 06 2021, 14:28

Vailex wrote:
All this being said.  We have a really nice looking line up of models.  All I want right now is Vect and his party boat.  It would be nice to have a LoW
Wont happen. Remember what GW did, when all Units had Photographs in the Codex.
They erradicated 5 Characters, instead of modelling them.

Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeThu May 06 2021, 14:58

fisheyes wrote:
Personally, I cant wait until the focus leaves us and moves onto those other factions.

We are just getting too much hate right now (which I dont feel is warranted, but I have not played against us with Marines since the new codex), new models would only add to that.

I'm with you here buddy. Getting a little sick of the salt being thrown our way on certain websites and forums. A lot of people keep talking about our winrates like they're drawing from a huge sample size of players like marines. Drukhari makes up only a few percent of total players and only slightly more of those tournaments. It is too early to call if they need a nerf across the board.
Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeThu May 06 2021, 21:29

fisheyes wrote:

:/

We straight up murder most marines.  The hate is a little justified in that regard.  But, i maintain that is more a consequence of how heavily skewed towards T4/3+ saves the community is, and how ineffective vehicles are in this edition.  Anything that disrupts that meta is going to have far reaching consequences.

GreyArea wrote:

I'm with you here buddy. Getting a little sick of the salt being thrown our way on certain websites and forums. A lot of people keep talking about our winrates like they're drawing from a huge sample size of players like marines. Drukhari makes up only a few percent of total players and only slightly more of those tournaments. It is too early to call if they need a nerf across the board.

That is sort of the point, though.  Drukhari are one of the smallest playerbases, and are producing wins at multiple events.  Some of the scores coming out of those winners are close to maximums, too.  So, that means a small group is beating everyone decisively with little chance of mirror matching.  This group is also so small that there is not a lot of incentive to counter build against them.

I actually agree with most of the haters, though.  This is a mess of GW's creation.  It mostly comes from Book of Rust, which is why 95% of battle reports you see featuring Wyches will be Cult of Stryfe.  If you take Book of Rust out of it, there's some point tweaking needed and resolving Dark Technomancer Liquifier Guns.  

We're in a really strange spot, at this time.  Our rules are really good, point costs insanely low, and the meta left flatfooted.  Not having new models, combined with excellent new rules seems like a strange approach.  CSM aren't getting a new Codex anytime soon, judging by Warzone Charadon 2, and they are a much bigger part of the playerbase.  I wonder if the power of our Codex is meant to entice new players, and clear out the backlog of Drukhari models before authorizing new sculpts.  Hellions sold out on the GW website, and retail stood no chance of getting new ones.

I think we overestimate the size of our community to some degree.  One of the things that struck me is that i had recently purchased 2 new boxes of Wyches, with the 9th ed packaging and all, only to open the box and find the same light gray soft plastic used in the 5th edition release.  The batch numbers aren't even that far off the old sprues i had lying around.

Myrvn and The Strange Dark One like this post

Back to top Go down
toldavf
Hellion
toldavf

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeThu May 06 2021, 23:55

False Son wrote:

We straight up murder most marines.  The hate is a little justified in that regard.

They should try their hand against our 2nd edition codex. From strength 5 power weapon incubi, 2 dark lances per troop choice and plasma cannons on every vehicle. It was murderous vs MEQ.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeFri May 07 2021, 00:04

There was no 2nd edition codex. When I remember correctly, Dark Eldar first appeared in the 3rd edition starter box.

Hellion
toldavf

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeFri May 07 2021, 00:45

Zenotaph wrote:
There was no 2nd edition codex. When I remember correctly, Dark Eldar first appeared in the 3rd edition starter box.

To clarify i meant the 2nd edition of our first book.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeFri May 07 2021, 01:15

Ups. My Bad!! lol!

Hellion
toldavf

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeSat May 08 2021, 16:37

What do people think of a hq choice based on the incubi that isnt drazhar? Could be pretty cool looking.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeSat May 08 2021, 17:03

toldavf wrote:
What do people think of a hq choice based on the incubi that isnt drazhar? Could be pretty cool looking.
Cool looking, yes. But I would rather have a named Archon Charakter.

Slave
Green Envy

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeTue May 11 2021, 18:30

Sorry guys I was away at my daughter's graduation from college. Thanks for keeping the thread going.

I guess what I really wanted for a figure is a new archon to replace the one that looks like it should be laid in a coffin, grots and mandrakes.

I hear what your saying about the rules and hatred but have not seen that because everything is not open yet in my area. With that being said I wish I could get some of the hatred going my way lord knows I had to take it when the iron hands and salamander's were dishing it out, amongst others.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitimeTue May 11 2021, 18:51

Green Envy wrote:
Sorry guys I was away at my daughter's graduation from college.  Thanks for keeping the thread going.

I guess what I really wanted for a figure is a new archon to replace the one that looks like it should be laid in a coffin, grots and mandrakes.
1. Gratulations! Its perfectly understandable to put the family before the hobby. So, no need to apologize.

2. I really liked the Archon, GW built for 5th edition codex. The one with huskblade and soultrap,
that was a few months later made of failcast. The one, you mean, looks so static. I remodeled him a bit,
but his feet...

New figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: New figures   New figures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New figures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: