THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Patayou
Hellion
Patayou

Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade   Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade I_icon_minitimeThu May 06 2021, 02:15

Two quick questions, because I'm not entirely positive on what's legal, and I don't want to be "that guy"

-Can you take more than 1 detachment with the same obsession ? For example, can you take 2 <Cursed blade> patrol detachments in the same army and still benefit from the obsession ?
I haven't read anything saying that you can't but I'd rather ask in case I missed something.

-If this is allowed, can you then upgrade one succubus from each detachment to a master succubus ?
The rules state :

"If your army is Battle-forged and includes any Drukhari Detachments (excluding Auxiliary Support, Super-heavy Auxiliary or Fortification Network Detachments), then when you muster your army, you can upgrade one of the following DRUKHARI CHARACTER units (excluding named characters) from each Detachment in your army: ARCHON, SUCCUBUS, HAEMONCULUS"

so I'd be inclined to say that you could, but Battlescribe says otherwise. It might be a case that wasn't planned for, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade   Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade I_icon_minitimeThu May 06 2021, 03:44

You can have multiple Detachements with the same Obsession, but only one Master-... Upgrade.
But if you use 2 or more different Cults/Kabals/Coven, then you can have multiple HQ Upgrades.
For example: Cursed Blade Patrol: 1 Master Succubus / CoS Patrol: 1 Master Succubus.
But 2 Cursed Blade Patrols: only 1 allowed.

Hellion
Patayou

PostSubject: Re: Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade   Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade I_icon_minitimeThu May 06 2021, 05:14

Thanks for your answer.

Zenotaph wrote:

Could you point me to the rule in the codex by chance ? I'd like to be able to quote the rulebook if the need arises.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade   Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade I_icon_minitimeThu May 06 2021, 08:56

Patayou wrote:
Thanks for your answer.

Zenotaph wrote:

Could you point me to the rule in the codex by chance ? I'd like to be able to quote the rulebook if the need arises.

It's further down on the same page (50)

Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade PC9_kvcyM8gPlr3j5Txm9qXr93fFq71k3LeYZJxt7VSCRWOtqMeyPnzeQcVwzPSZ7qo25Z24f_viWxAOKSN96GF8s86mFFmXDs-dug7iyWAfpBXTdJidTQOnDf-oorPNgQKFI2zkqFlzPNf-XSnbctdV1iuUSoZ7wt8o9YRzdwdionMk2TU6xtYyYzOdrvNd1XVsaFBwp0KCy2tPRtwrtjlgLtLRVwhsgKhlGHYVViGG9LZFeNT7MyyJ4KgOPlJlp8Log6sXOFjUfN66sXeB1iinqg8dQ-XSymUJwpJFTvfMSfXTKn9viM1Ech9H_plsFCTrq_3tsuuhSmYPFvKPPpmOqxcpDfaZSG6QOM7f-uuAEgUeNCQji2QUPHCE3DuiM1utDNY1j83l1N9SfA2J0LGP0nC28ZtshFvZ-bYtvhl8CO02T-H3iSk4uTuv1wh6EOdPZBTUI06vAXBmgjK054-n-aSv7Oh5K178UCjCgGArmuW6MGdZBHJ-f1EnEHkz4FcnNjCmX4KgpVOQmfyatJGB8ZjGtshsMhQeQXyPwrmStFYWH2h5MiFmsWS2VlHpkktRPhSRvsClXjQ66KPrspHudefbdrFpoLyx0sDqGlU7Bi3CckkY9RVG7ghV40IWL-LYYCv-8E0wckNUGB5aLeX0KDvzek7Uiqr7mcBFWiwxxD0WtLnPjDiYaCTrSAnKj1K2iSKqIvrVC9eDRSrUT2c=w241-h69-no?authuser=0

Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade   Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade I_icon_minitimeThu May 06 2021, 09:00

Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade Screen16[/url]

Yziel likes this post

Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade   Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade I_icon_minitimeThu May 06 2021, 11:46

Patayou wrote:
Im using the german Codex, so I dont know, if the pages are the same. P.50, left side down.

Hellion
Patayou

PostSubject: Re: Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade   Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade I_icon_minitimeThu May 06 2021, 15:16

How the hell did I miss that ? :p

Thanks a lot everyone !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade   Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Same obsession detachments and multiple HQ upgrade
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: