THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A returning players opinions on our units; Grotesques

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
toldavf
Hellion
toldavf

A returning players opinions on our units; Grotesques  Empty
PostSubject: A returning players opinions on our units; Grotesques     A returning players opinions on our units; Grotesques  I_icon_minitimeMon May 24 2021, 21:14

Allot of assault units in dark eldar are one and done hammers that will obliterate their target, then promptly die to counter fire. It could be said of grotesques that that label does not apply to them lets look.

Grotesques
There's allot to like about this unit, at t5, 4w with a 5+fnp and PFP they are sturdy for a DE unit, unlike allot of our assault options a reasonable sized unit of grotesques won't simply melt to small arms fire. Offensively they have options, lets get it out of the way to start with, DT liquefiers on a big unit of grotesques is inefficient, while the unit is tough, hard hitting and completely unattractive to charge it is expensive and you would be better off going for more wracks in boats.

Melee wise you for only 1 real option with grotesques even though they have 2 different weapons, unpopular opinion incoming "flesh gauntlets are bad" they have no ap, damage 1 and mortal wound on a 6 the +1 str is just no worth it. Monstrous cleaver on the other hand is -2ap, damage 2 and +1 attack, its the clear winner vs basically everything this should be your weapon of choice against anything that isn't t3 and naked.

For coven you are spoiled for choice practically everything is good for these hulkish brutes, I think artists of flesh might be my favorite -1 damage is seriously strong as it grants resistance to things like heavy bolters, instead of loosing a grotesque to a HB now it just tickled him a bit.

Experimental creations and hungry for flesh makes the unit more reliable when it charges and being str 6 does allot for the units killing power vs things like sisters or gravis marines, basically all the goodies that apply to talos apply to these guys. Being t5 though their use from profits of flesh is limited, strength 6 and 7 hits only wound on 4+ and healing one wound a turn is soso.

Things I dislike about the unit, well they are expensive and they only have 1 model, so if you want to field an entire unit you will have them all there synchronized dabbing and looking stupid (this is one of the most off putting things about them, seriously who decided one sculpt only?) so unless you are prepared and skilled enough to convert some stuff be ready for that.

At the end of the day they are a good elite assault unit for coven, not quite as hard hitting as incubi but definitely more survivable. They would be an auto include if I played coven.

Next time Court of the archon.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Grotesques     A returning players opinions on our units; Grotesques  I_icon_minitimeTue May 25 2021, 17:27

@toldavf

just a quick message to thank you for the time you take writing those topics.
I know its not perfect, but they are really helpful and i really appreciate it!
Continue your good job Smile
Back to top Go down
toldavf
Hellion
toldavf

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Grotesques     A returning players opinions on our units; Grotesques  I_icon_minitimeTue May 25 2021, 20:30

Kalmah wrote:
@toldavf

just a quick message to thank you for the time you take writing those topics.
I know its not perfect, but they are really helpful and i really appreciate it!
Continue your good job Smile

Thankyou!
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Grotesques     A returning players opinions on our units; Grotesques  I_icon_minitimeTue May 25 2021, 22:39

There are some units in our codex that are probably a little under costed. Conversely, there are a few that are over costed. And Grotesques and Talos fit that bill right now. They’re paying for resilience they don’t have any more. And their offense has improved slightly but not enough to justify their current points levels. I think both need to come down by about 10 points to be more competitively viable.

commandersasha likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Grotesques     A returning players opinions on our units; Grotesques  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A returning players opinions on our units; Grotesques
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: