THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Can a Drukhari Hekatrix take Razorflails?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Into the darkness
Hellion
Into the darkness

Can a Drukhari Hekatrix take Razorflails? Empty
PostSubject: Can a Drukhari Hekatrix take Razorflails?   Can a Drukhari Hekatrix take Razorflails? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26 2021, 18:18

Please only comment if you know the answer. I posted a list I would like to run and I want to give the Hekatrix (wych sergeant) Razorflails. If there are 10 Wyches I am allowed to exchange one wych splinter pistol and Hekatari blade with Razorflails. The Hekatrix is equipped with those options.

Now the Hekatrix may take an agonizer or power sword instead, but there is no RAW saying it can't have Razorflails. I'm not aware of a core rule stating the Hekatrix is not a wych for the purpose of upgrades, or that a general sergeant is restricted only to special options that only it has access to.

Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

PostSubject: Re: Can a Drukhari Hekatrix take Razorflails?   Can a Drukhari Hekatrix take Razorflails? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26 2021, 18:40

I will post the same answer that I posted in the previous thread, because it is the same - NO.

WYCH and HEKATRIX are different models on the datasheet - standard Wyches have access to one set of weapons, while the Hekatrix has access to another. They are not the same, and they are not interchangeable. If it's not RAW, you can't take it.
Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Can a Drukhari Hekatrix take Razorflails?   Can a Drukhari Hekatrix take Razorflails? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26 2021, 19:10

By contrast the Arena Champion in a Reaver unit can have a Heat Lance because it's witten as 1 model in the unit instead of specifying it as 1 Reaver.
Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Can a Drukhari Hekatrix take Razorflails?   Can a Drukhari Hekatrix take Razorflails? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26 2021, 19:17

This is the same for pretty much all units in the game. It's why units like Retributor and Havocs never put heavy weapons on their Sgt models and have to use them for wound soak.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Can a Drukhari Hekatrix take Razorflails?   Can a Drukhari Hekatrix take Razorflails? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26 2021, 19:18

Glass Battleaxe wrote:
I will post the same answer that I posted in the previous thread, because it is the same - NO.

WYCH and HEKATRIX are different models on the datasheet - standard Wyches have access to one set of weapons, while the Hekatrix has access to another. They are not the same, and they are not interchangeable. If it's not RAW, you can't take it.

This ^^ sums it up perfectly and there's really nothing more to say.

Glass Battleaxe likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can a Drukhari Hekatrix take Razorflails?   Can a Drukhari Hekatrix take Razorflails? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can a Drukhari Hekatrix take Razorflails?
Page 1 of 1