THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Mirror matches

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

Mirror matches Empty
PostSubject: Mirror matches   Mirror matches I_icon_minitimeSun May 30 2021, 09:16

When playing mirrors, what gives you na edge over the opponent? Curious what is your take on this 🤔

Wych
sekac

Mirror matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror matches   Mirror matches I_icon_minitimeSun May 30 2021, 17:27

This is an idea that I've been thinking about a lot. Unless the meta moves on to AdMech or whatever else as books come out, planning for the mirror is only prudent. From a list design perspective, I think Realspace Raiders gives the edge over the standard patrol for 3 reasons.

1) Realspace Raiders have more efficient Blades for Hire (assuming Black Heart). Mandrakes and Incubi that can advance and charge on turn 1 just gives you a little bit more reach. It allows you to deploy conservatively and still threaten the same areas.

2) The Archon can give wych cult and coven core units re-roll 1s to hit. When the fights start happening, the more efficient fighters are likely going to win. With that as well, if you get Writ of the Living Muse, Incubi are re-rolling 1s to hit as well. They're the best version of Incubi one can take.

3) A Realspace Raiders detachment can fit 4 squads of DT wracks, whereas a Raiding Force typically maxes out at 3. DT wracks are super good as we all know, and they hurt drukhari very badly. More is better.

I'd also advocate for grisly trophies on raiders. With so many glass hammers, forcing units to strike last with trophies and tormentors can really flip the script.
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

Mirror matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror matches   Mirror matches I_icon_minitimeMon May 31 2021, 10:51

RSR is nice, but your Archon can affect only small area within 6". Then you spent precious artefact slot on the Writ of the living muse, while a patrol army could be well organized with Drazh as warlord and 2 different cults for 2 master succubi loaded with relics. And they have 2 more CP's which ispowerful.

But in general, whoever destroys enemy raiders wins, so bring more Dark lances then your opponent.

Hellion
Fremen

Mirror matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror matches   Mirror matches I_icon_minitimeMon May 31 2021, 11:19

@SERAFF I also believe that destroying raiders is key in mirrors.

@sekac I really like your take on Archont supporting the Incubi.

In my opinion first to charge will have great edge, so movement and positioning is key.

Klaivex
fisheyes

Mirror matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror matches   Mirror matches I_icon_minitimeMon May 31 2021, 16:01

Destroying Raiders is key for any DE match up.

Ive played a few mirrors now, and somehow managed to win them. The largest Tech piece that my list brings is 13 Liquifiers (this is a HIGHLY competitive environment, its OK). Those things are GREAT at swatting down Raiders or Voidraven Bombers. Wracks are also a hard unit to efficiently get rid of. T5, 5++/5+++ is just brutal for wyches/incubi to cut thru.

I dont personally use Trueborn, but they are also really good in the mirror because they dont care about -1 to hit.

The main thing about the mirror match is pacing your game. You know how quick the enemy is, and they know how quick you are. Ideally you get to go second, so they can "spring the trap" first. If you go first, and NEED to take those mid points, dont throw your whole army up. Just put a boat with 5 troops onto the edge. Hopefully the opponent springs their trap on that, then you trap their trap. And they dont have enough to trap your trap of their trap (etc).

Its actually a really fun match, makes you a better DE player.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Mirror matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror matches   Mirror matches I_icon_minitimeMon May 31 2021, 16:46

So, its we think that they think what we think. But if they think, that we think what they think?
So, what do you think??? Suspect

Mirror matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror matches   Mirror matches I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mirror matches
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: