THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hi Everyone!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gravemaiden
Slave
gravemaiden

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10 2021, 13:38

I'm new to Warhammer in general and I prefer painting and learning about the lore to playing, but I like dark elves in all franchises and drukhari are no exception! I especially like the wyches and recently started creating my first wych cult, but I'm still feeling indecisive about their colour scheme so I haven't made that much progress yet. I did, however, make a symbol for them:

Hi Everyone! U9H4daP_3x
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10 2021, 14:10

Welcome aboard @gravemaiden
You chose really well if you were looking for astounding good looking models and a good challenge at the same time (and, if the urge to play gets to you, we are in a really good position right now for the tabletop game).
Your avatar is seriously really good looking! love the aesthetic of it Smile This is already a good start for a color scheme (i love purple and it fits really well on Drukhari models)
Nice bloody symbol you got there too Smile

My favorite models in the wych cult are the Hellions, they are so good looking and active, its easy to make every models look different from others, makes them stand out.

Once you've started creating and painting models, please feel free to show them to us Smile (i need some inspiration too for my color scheme lol)
Back to top Go down
gravemaiden
Slave
gravemaiden

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10 2021, 16:17

Thanks! My avatar is the female dreadlord from Total War II
As for the symbol, the cult's name is Cult of the Bleeding Edge so I thought a bloodied razorflail would be a good fit.

Here is the one wych I've painted so far but I'm unsure if I want to keep this colour scheme
Hi Everyone! 20210527_170657
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10 2021, 19:06

gotta say that your already far better than me at painting!
Your red and gold seems perfect, i think that you could choose another color instead of black for the armor. Maybe something more greeny? a little bit like the Dark Angels or something like that?
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10 2021, 20:41

Very glossy. My minis dont shine that much. Smile

Slave
gravemaiden

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10 2021, 22:33

Kalmah wrote:
gotta say that your already far better than me at painting!
Your red and gold seems perfect, i think that you could choose another color instead of black for the armor. Maybe something more greeny? a little bit like the Dark Angels or something like that?

Thank you!! I only did nighthaunt before this so painting smaller minis has been a bit of a challenge.

Green is what I was thinking, though maybe something a bit darker like the Cult of Strife.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11 2021, 13:29

Welcome abord! You picked a great time to join the True Kin, were pretty strong, but the OPness has recently got a nerf.

Really like your symbol, I look forward to seeing some of your work.

In the next 3-4 months, the theory is that the Craftworld Eldar will get a relase. Should open up some neat conversion possibilities. One of the best parts of collecting Dark Eldar are all the conversions you can dream up Smile
Back to top Go down
gravemaiden
Slave
gravemaiden

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14 2021, 03:58

I finally found a colour I liked for the wyches. Here's an example of it on a still very unfinished one
Hi Everyone! Screenshot_20210614-010705_Gallery

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14 2021, 12:58

yup! if it wasnt for green, i would have suggested something in line with purple or something like that.
also love the silver Smile good choice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!   Hi Everyone! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

HIGH COMMORRAGH

:: Port Of Lost Souls