THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Book of Rust and RSR

Go down 
+2
Into the darkness
sekac
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Into the darkness
Hellion
Into the darkness

Book of Rust and RSR Empty
PostSubject: Book of Rust and RSR   Book of Rust and RSR I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20 2021, 00:34

I know you can't take a Book of Rust relic with an Archon Warlord. Any rules or FAQs out there preventing use of Warlord traits or strategems with a RSR?
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Book of Rust and RSR   Book of Rust and RSR I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20 2021, 04:38

To take anything specifically from the Book of Rust, you must take a Cult of Strife detachment. So none of it works in a Realspace Raiders detachment. You can, however, take an RSR and a separate detachment of Strife to gain access to their strats.
Back to top Go down
Into the darkness
Hellion
Into the darkness

PostSubject: Re: Book of Rust and RSR   Book of Rust and RSR I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20 2021, 07:10

Got ya. I'm playing with the idea of taking RSR and a couple detachments to max out on WL traits. So in theory I could take RSR and a separate detachment to get Competitive Edge and starts, although no relics because an Archon is my Warlord.

I think I got it all right now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here and sekac, good catch. I'll probably put Cursed Blade in RSR for flavor.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Book of Rust and RSR   Book of Rust and RSR I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23 2021, 13:38

My understanding is that the Detachment would unlock the Strats, but a detachment OR RSR would unlock the Relics. WLTs would be available to any CoS Character.

I could be wrong, but that is how I currently understand it.
Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Book of Rust and RSR   Book of Rust and RSR I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23 2021, 14:05

Yes as far as I understand it it's just the stratagems that require a Cult of Strife Detachment, which cannot be a RSR due to conflicting detachment restrictions.

And once you have "unlocked" the stratagems you are free to use them on CoS units that are in the RSR detachment as far as I understand.

Yziel likes this post

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Book of Rust and RSR   Book of Rust and RSR I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25 2021, 11:36

WL traits require a CoS character
Relics require a CoS Warlord
Stratagems require a CoS detachment

On the above basis, you can take a WL trait in a RSR but not a relic or stratagem.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Book of Rust and RSR   Book of Rust and RSR I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25 2021, 13:29

That is a very concise summery. Well done
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Book of Rust and RSR   Book of Rust and RSR I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25 2021, 16:41

The Count isnt the best rule interpreter for nothing. lol!

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Book of Rust and RSR   Book of Rust and RSR I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25 2021, 18:11

Zenotaph wrote:
The Count isnt the best rule interpreter for nothing.  lol!

Stop it! You're making me blush.

Oh wait, no. That's the adrenalight kicking in....

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book of Rust and RSR   Book of Rust and RSR I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book of Rust and RSR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: