THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Obsidian Curse

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Obsidian Curse Empty
PostSubject: Obsidian Curse   Obsidian Curse I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22 2021, 04:44

Greetings again!
here is another take to an army list Smile
this time i'm trying to build something around double Cursed Blade and Obsidian Rose list.
I'm still hesitating to trade one Cursed Blade for Strife, but i sooooooo love Cursed that for now this is the choice I made.
(is Strife better on Reavers or Hellions??)
anyway, so feel free to leave any comments and suggestions are welcome! Smile

Obsidian Curse
Drukhari - Strike Force - Eternal War ( 12CP - 2000PT - 0PT )

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 0CP - 635PT )
SUB-FACTION: Cult of the Cursed Blade

HQ
Succubus (75)
LORDS OF COMMORRAGH UPGRADE: Show Stealer
TRAITS: Quicksilver Fighter
COMBAT DRUGS: Adrenalight
RELICS: Dancer’s Edge
STRATAGEMS: Prizes from the Dark City, Tolerated Ambition

TROOPS
Wyches (145)
1x Hekatrix: Power sword
1x Wych: Shardnet and impaler
1x Wych: Hydra gauntlets
1x Wych: Razorflails
6x Wych
FAVOURED RETINUES UPGRADE: Hekatrix Bloodbrides
COMBAT DRUGS: Grave Lotus

ELITES
Mandrakes (75)
1x Nightfiend
4x Mandrake

FAST ATTACK
Hellions (170)
1x Helliarch
9x Hellion
COMBAT DRUGS: Random

Hellions (170)
1x Helliarch
9x Hellion

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 0CP - 490PT )
SUB-FACTION: Cult of the Cursed Blade

HQ
Succubus (60)
TRAITS: Precision Blow
COMBAT DRUGS: Painbringer
RELICS: The Triptych Whip
STRATAGEMS: Prizes from the Dark City, Tolerated Ambition

TROOPS
Wyches (120)
1x Hekatrix
1x Wych: Shardnet and impaler
1x Wych: Hydra gauntlets
1x Wych: Razorflails
6x Wych
COMBAT DRUGS: Grave Lotus

FAST ATTACK
Reavers (155)
1x Arena Champion: Heat lance, Power sword, Grav-talon
1x Reaver: Heat lance, Grav-talon
4x Reaver

Reavers (155)
1x Arena Champion: Heat lance, Power sword, Grav-talon
1x Reaver: Heat lance, Grav-talon
4x Reaver

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 0CP - 875PT )
SUB-FACTION: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose

HQ
WARLORD: Archon (85)
LORDS OF COMMORRAGH UPGRADE: Splintered Genius
TRAITS: Consummate Weaponmaster
RELICS: The Armour of Misery

TROOPS
Kabalite Warriors (135)
1x Kabalite Warrior: Dark lance
1x Sybarite
2x Kabalite Warrior: Blaster
6x Kabalite Warrior
FAVOURED RETINUES UPGRADE: Kabalite Trueborn

FAST ATTACK
Scourges (80)
1x Solarite
4x Scourge: Shredder

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager (140)

Ravager (140)

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
Raider (105) Splinter racks

Raider (95)

Raider (95)

STRATAGEMS
Prizes from the Dark City (1CP)
Tolerated Ambition (1CP)

Reinforcement Points: 0
Total Points: 2000/2000
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Obsidian Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Curse   Obsidian Curse I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22 2021, 16:32

Can't see much here to criticise, honestly. Razz

One very minor comment - this could be a matter of flavour but given the option I'd take Soulhelm over the Armour of Misery. -1 to hit against shooting and melee combined with a 5+++ seems much better than -1 to hit against melee only and a 3+ armour save (which is only 1 better than the Archon has anyway).

Very minor point, I know, just something that caught my eye.

Otherwise, the only other things are just matters of personal preference. e.g. I'm a little leery of Ravagers as I think they're quite expensive for what they bring but I'm also aware that they do still hold the efficiency card as there isn't a lot else in the same price range with comparable firepower. Closest would probably be either 6 Reavers with Heat Lances (which you've already got) or 5 Scourges with 4 Heat-/Dark Lances but then you're trading out a significant amount of defence.

Something to keep in mind perhaps but for now I'd keep the Ravagers and see how they perform.

So yeah, without getting into very nitpicky/personal preference territory, I can't really find anything wrong with your list.

Best of luck with it, mate. Smile

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Obsidian Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Curse   Obsidian Curse I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22 2021, 17:34

Thank you for the comments!

In fact, i'm just trying something with the Armor of misery: i want to do my saves against 0ap weapons using my regular save instead of the shadowfield to not waste it for nothing against small firepower. So the save 3+ seems to be a good thing.
While the Soulhelm, the -1HR is amazing, but the FNP5+ means that this will be useful only if you lost the shadowfield.
So its all a matter of keeping the shadowfield as long as possible
I just want to try it to see if it is worth it, i'm not saying at all that this is better or not than the soulhelm.........what are your thoughts?

hummm the Scourges over the Ravagers........don't know why i did not think about it.....but this seems really promising indeed.......yes a little bit less thoughness, but more firepower and for cheaper, and if you play well the Scourges, you can mitigate the loss of sturdiness.....will have to figure out what to do with the additional available points to see it this is worth it.
Maybe switch 1 Ravager for 1 squad of Scourges.....hum really interesting indeed!

A huge thanks for your time @Soulless Samurai, as always, really helpful Smile

Soulless Samurai likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Obsidian Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Curse   Obsidian Curse I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22 2021, 17:40

hummm now that i think about it, i'm not that sure anymore about the switch from Ravagers to Scourges:

Scourges have 4 Dark Lances
Ravager only 3 Dark Lances

but the Ravager in a Obsidian detachment can reroll WR without the -1 HR
vs Scourges that will hit on 4+ (the turn they came in) without any reroll.....

All that being taking into account, i'm not so sure anymore that there are that much difference in firepower even if there is 4 Dark Lance vs 3.........does that make senses a little?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Obsidian Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Curse   Obsidian Curse I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22 2021, 19:31

Kalmah wrote:

In fact, i'm just trying something with the Armor of misery: i want to do my saves against 0ap weapons using my regular save instead of the shadowfield to not waste it for nothing against small firepower. So the save 3+ seems to be a good thing.
While the Soulhelm, the -1HR is amazing, but the FNP5+ means that this will be useful only if you lost the shadowfield.
So its all a matter of keeping the shadowfield as long as possible
I just want to try it to see if it is worth it, i'm not saying at all that this is better or not than the soulhelm.........what are your thoughts?

I'm actually a little confused.

I can definitely understand wanting to tank AP0 shots on the Archon's armour save, rather than the Shadowfield.

However, since the Archon already has a 4+ armour save (and FNP stacks with it), I don't see why you couldn't also do that with the Soulhelm. It would just mean having a 4+/5+++ instead of a straight 3+ from the Armour of Misery.

Is there something I'm missing or forgetting about? Question

Kalmah wrote:
hummm now that i think about it, i'm not that sure anymore about the switch from Ravagers to Scourges:

Scourges have 4 Dark Lances
Ravager only 3 Dark Lances

but the Ravager in a Obsidian detachment can reroll WR without the -1 HR
vs Scourges that will hit on 4+ (the turn they came in) without any reroll.....

All that being taking into account, i'm not so sure anymore that there are that much difference in firepower even if there is 4 Dark Lance vs 3.........does that make senses a little?

Yes, it absolutely makes sense.

I'd initially wondered about replacing the Ravagers but I couldn't actually think of anything that would offer equivalent firepower without being substantially more expensive.

Scourges are possible but as you say they have quite a few drawbacks. My advice would be to stick with the Ravagers and just keep it in mind if you find yourself needing more points for something else.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Obsidian Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Curse   Obsidian Curse I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22 2021, 20:13

[/quote] I'm actually a little confused.

I can definitely understand wanting to tank AP0 shots on the Archon's armour save, rather than the Shadowfield.

However, since the Archon already has a 4+ armour save (and FNP stacks with it), I don't see why you couldn't also do that with the Soulhelm. It would just mean having a 4+/5+++ instead of a straight 3+ from the Armour of Misery.

Is there something I'm missing or forgetting about? Question

lol in fact you're not missing anything, i'm the one who's missing some stuff Wink
You're absolutely right now that you point it: the FNP will be useful in the way i intend on using it with the save on 4+.....so for now its almost the same, but the -1HR on everything for the Soulhelm now becomes far superior to the Armor.........
lol thank you @Soulless Samurai , that's exactly the reason why i love to post my lists on this forum: to make me catch stuff i would have missed otherwise! (i'm still a rookie after all Wink)

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Obsidian Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Curse   Obsidian Curse I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22 2021, 20:16

Sure, glad I could help. Smile

If you have the time, I'd love to hear how that list works out.

Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Obsidian Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Curse   Obsidian Curse I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23 2021, 14:06

perfect i'll let you know as soon as i will try it Smile
for now i only play like once per month due to the pandemic but things are settling down in my province, so soon enough i will be able to play more often (and learn on a quicker pace lol)

This week end i have a scheduled game with a friend but i will try my Thousand Sons and he his Grey Knights before the new codexes drop in Wink
After that, my next Drukhari game will be for sure with this list Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Obsidian Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Curse   Obsidian Curse I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obsidian Curse
Page 1 of 1