THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors

Go down 
+10
sekac
Jebei
Soulless Samurai
Zenotaph
rtynd057
The Strange Dark One
dumpeal
CptMetal
Yziel
Burnage
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors   About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25 2021, 16:29

Jebei wrote:
Has anyone tried running 10 truborn Poison tongue with blasters and DL defending an objective rather than placing them in transport?It could be decent bait for a trap maybe?

Why Poison Tongue?

Jebei
Hellion
Jebei

PostSubject: Re: About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors   About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25 2021, 17:36

Just for the 2+ Splinter fire,but OS could be just as good for the extended ranges?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors   About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25 2021, 22:31

Jebei wrote:
Just for the 2+ Splinter fire,but OS could be just as good for the extended ranges?

The trouble with PT is that Poison without AP doesn't really do a whole lot. If that unit fires at a Marine squad in rapid-fire range, all those poison shots are only downing a single Marine.

OR at least buffs the primary focus of Trueborn (the special/heavy weapons). However, if you put them in a Raider with Splinter Racks, they could have a 30" rapid-fire range.

The other aspect is that Trueborn only get offensive buffs over Warriors. When it comes to defence, they get no extra protection. So they've got big targets painted on them but without a transport all they've got is T3 with 4+ saves.

That said, I'm honestly wondering whether Trueborn are worth it at all. Not counting the Archon tax, you're looking at a minimum of 250pts (including the Raider), which buys you 2 Dark Lance shots (one at BS2+), 2 Blaster shots (BS2+) and 7/14 splinter shots (meh). Yet for just 10pts more, you could have 2 Ravagers, which net you 6 Dark Lance shots.

sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors   About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26 2021, 00:23

Yeah I've been off Trueborn for a while now, and after FAQ, I like them even less. Their main value is as a To The Last unit. Beyond that, they aren't efficient at anything. 
Back to top Go down
Patayou
Hellion
Patayou

PostSubject: Re: About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors   About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26 2021, 12:22

These times I mosly play small games (500 or 1000 pts), my BH trueborn with 1DL and 2 shredders in a raider make for a good all-purpose ranged unit. I really like shredders, I feel they might be under-appreciated.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors   About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26 2021, 13:53

Trueborn are even better with To The Last. They now pair really well with Ravagers, now that they went down to 130 (and are no longer a TTL target).

Im running Trueborn and 2 Ravagers in my Tourney list right now to counter the Thicc City and Knight builds running around right now.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors   About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26 2021, 16:58

The thing to consider when comparing Trueborn and Ravagers is that once the Ravager is destroyed.........well it is over entirely.
While if your Raider is destroyed, you still have 8-10 models that can still do some serious damage, hold objectives etc...

I get the point, but i think we should not overlook our Trueborn only based upon the "Ravagers have more shots".

Bloodbrides now however i agree are close to being unplayable now!

@Patayou this week end i will play a bunch of 500pts games! and i intend on trying something a little bit like you are referring: 1x DL and 2x shredders on my Trueborns!
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors   About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26 2021, 17:07

Kalmah wrote:
The thing to consider when comparing Trueborn and Ravagers is that once the Ravager is destroyed.........well it is over entirely.
While if your Raider is destroyed, you still have 8-10 models that can still do some serious damage, hold objectives etc...

I agree with the principle of what you're saying but do bear in mind that Trueborn + Raider is the equivalent of two Ravagers.

So whilst the destruction of a Raider still leaves your Trueborn (mostly) intact, the destruction of one Ravager also leaves your second Ravager intact.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors   About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26 2021, 17:22

i agree on that too Wink
but i just want to point out that there is more to take into account than the number of shots.
Also, to mitigate the point cost, usually you will need anyway a unit of Kabalite and usually an Archon, so the point comparison is not THAT simple.
But again, i get your point Wink
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors   About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27 2021, 00:49

Kalmah wrote:
i agree on that too Wink
but i just want to point out that there is more to take into account than the number of shots.

Oh absolutely. I'm usually someone who leans more towards Kabalites/Trueborn in transports over Ravagers, even if the latter are technically more points efficient, just because they tend to have more redundancy built in.

The issue with Trueborn is that I seem to be paying an awful lot of points and not actually getting a whole lot for it. BS2+ is nice, but 70% of that is wasted on regular splinter fire, and another 20% is stuck with Blasters (which, especially in the hands of Trueborn, are just vastly worse Dark Lances) or Shredders (which are fine but hardly spectacular, let alone for a 150pt unit). So at the end of the day you only actually get 1 weapon you'd actually really want BS2+ for.

Kalmah wrote:

Also, to mitigate the point cost, usually you will need anyway a unit of Kabalite and usually an Archon, so the point comparison is not THAT simple.

True, though when I factor in the cost of the Archon and troops (whether Kabalites or Trueborn), I tend to lean more towards wondering whether my army really needs a Kabal detachment in the first place. Razz

But if you're set on one, you're right, the Trueborn at least fulfil a mandatory role.

Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors   About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27 2021, 04:48

lol i agree that for now Kabal seems to be the lowest of the 3 subfactions available Wink
Cult, even with the point increase, is still insane (partly because of Hellions)
Coven now seems to be a real deal with the point decrease.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors   About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03 2022, 10:21

Well, some time passed and I am asking myself if Kabalites are still viable.
At least some MSU squads. Im still a big fan of Trueborn, hitting always on 2+...

Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors   About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04 2022, 20:11

Zenotaph wrote:
Well, some time passed and I am asking myself if Kabalites are still viable.
At least some MSU squads. Im still a big fan of Trueborn, hitting always on 2+...

Well, It seems to me that massed poison shooting might be good vs. Daemons and Votann, as the average save for both armies is 4+, and the AP0 on splinter rifles doesn't really care that Daemonic saves are not modifiable or that Votann get AoC from their void armor.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors   About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05 2022, 10:05

Good point. Maybe with PT and Splinterracks.... I think of it some more...

Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors   About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05 2022, 14:35

Zenotaph wrote:
Good point. Maybe with PT and Splinterracks.... I think of it some more...

If splinterrack were a bit cheaper, it would really be worth it, I think. Granted, we've all been complaining about their cost for quite some time.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors   About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08 2022, 13:56

I think its really important to keep SOME shooting in our lists, mainly for wound-phase-capped units like Abadon and Ctan.

At 40 points for a unit of 5, they can easily get included in a list. Worst case scenario they fill the role of Wracks to exist on a backfield objective or screen out opponents DS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors   About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About using, missusing and abusing Kabalite Warriors
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: