THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Coven 1000pts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Coven 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Coven 1000pts   Coven 1000pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05 2021, 00:57

Good day!
Soon i will have a game 2 vs 2 with some friends
last time we played 1500pts each but found out that was a little bit too much and the game was never-ending (its a pretzel & beer game so a lot of casual talk lol)
so we decided to lower the pts count to 1000pts each

I still don't know what my friends will play, but usually its something like AdMech, DG and SM and we will randomly determine our ally just before the game.

so here is my take at a 1000pts Coven list Smile
My chosen custom obsession are:
Splinterblade (exploding 6)
Experimental Creation (+1S)

any inputs are welcome! Smile

Coven 1000
Drukhari - Incursion - Eternal War ( 6CP - 1000PT - 0PT )

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 0CP - 1020PT )
SUB-FACTION: Splinter Creation

HQ
WARLORD: Haemonculus (100)
LORDS OF COMMORRAGH UPGRADE: Alchemical Maestro
TRAITS: Master Regenesist
RELICS: Poisoner’s Ampule

Haemonculus (80)

TROOPS
Wracks (135)
1x Acothyst: Electrocorrosive whip, Liquifier gun
2x Wrack: Liquifier gun
7x Wrack
FAVOURED RETINUES UPGRADE: Haemoxytes

ELITES
Grotesques (200)
5x Grotesque

FAST ATTACK
Scourges (80)
1x Solarite
4x Scourge: Shredder

HEAVY SUPPORT
Talos (330)
3x Talos: 2x Heat lance

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
Raider (95)

STRATAGEMS

Total Command Points: 6
Reinforcement Points: 0
Total Points: 1000/1000
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Coven 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coven 1000pts   Coven 1000pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05 2021, 03:07

Maybe you could swap one Talos for a second Raider and some additional equipment.
Your Wracks and Grots are more flexible that way.

Wych
Kalmah

Coven 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coven 1000pts   Coven 1000pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05 2021, 03:40

i was planning on putting my 5 grotesques inside the raider with an Haemonculus.
My Warlord Haemonculus will walk alongside the 3 Talos and try to take control of the middle ground.
I did not include a Raider for the Wracks because i intend on using them for holding objectives in my own zone or middle ground zone if needed, but mobility is not something i plan for them.

For my part i'm seriously not a big fan of the optional equipment for our vehicles, except maybe the grisly trophies/PGL in Dark Creed setup or Splinter racks in a Poison Tongue detachment too is something i do like; but other than that i prefer to add some firepower or additional models with my spare points.

I have an hesitation between Poisoner's Ampule or Nightmare Doll for my warlord's relic though Cool
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Coven 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coven 1000pts   Coven 1000pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05 2021, 12:26

Since we are talking about a "fun" list, I will give comments in that regard.

I also like the idea of turning taking a second boat (but I would drop the second Haemi plus some bits for it). I love the thematic nature of seeing a floatilla of boats on the table (also a lot easier from a painting perspective to get your army "Tabletop" quality).

Personally I didnt find the EC +1S did much in my games, Tortures Craft for 0/1CP seemed to be a lot better for me.

Also dont forget about PoF!. That Vex Mask really makes the Haemi worthwhile. While in a Custom Coven I find that guy generally doesnt pull his weight.

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Coven 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coven 1000pts   Coven 1000pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05 2021, 13:16

hum you are opening my eyes for the Torturer's craft........for 1cp rerolling my WR for my Grotesques could be something really awesome....interesting Wink

Personally i love the +1S to allow my Grotesque to have 6S and my Talos 8S (because of the +1S from the Scalpels), two thresholds of S that i think are amongst the best.

One of the reason why i included only one Raider is just because i wanted for once to do a list that don't have 3-4 transports as i usually do, but maybe you both are right that i should include one more......i still have time to figure out what to do!

thanks for your input both of you Smile
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Coven 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coven 1000pts   Coven 1000pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05 2021, 19:21

Try to build a list that reflects the power level of your opponents. Some armies have a hard time with the T6 and 5++, so maybe taking two of those isnt the best option (even if it is the Competitive option).

Most importantly, you do what makes you happy! Dont be afraid to take your newly painted models to the tabletop just for the sake of seeing them on the tabletop Wink
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Coven 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coven 1000pts   Coven 1000pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05 2021, 21:31

@fisheyes sorry i'm not sure i totally understand your first sentence... Embarassed

but seriously i really think i will replace the exploding 6 for the Torturer's Craft obsession to reroll.....with a good Strength and reroll WR this will be something pretty hard hitting, and with the Haemy around my Grots and Talos, T6 and T7 respectively + ability to heal, they will be hard to remove, especially knowing my opponents will also have 1000pts.....so not a lot of big hitting vehicles or big guns (except my friend who plays AdMech.....but with a little bit of chance i will partner with him lol)
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Coven 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coven 1000pts   Coven 1000pts I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06 2021, 12:15

Hahaha.

That was my findings anyway. There are Death Guard builds that turn off re-rolls with a Warlord aura, so there is some point to EC (but I think its unlikely you will face that power outside a 2000 pt Mortarion list).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coven 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coven 1000pts   Coven 1000pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coven 1000pts
Page 1 of 1