THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
duckduckgoose
Hellion
duckduckgoose

Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) Empty
PostSubject: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10 2021, 21:33

Hi all,

I'm working on putting together a 1500 points Rose + PoF list, that I'm hoping will be somewhat competitive (doesn't need to be the meta, but I'd like to win some).

The list consists of:

Rose patrol
1x master archon,
Drazhar
1x10 trueborn
2x5 incubi
3x raiders

PoF patrol
1x master haemi
10x haemoxytes
2x5 wracks
1x3 talos

General tactics would be Haemi + haemoxytes + talos holding center board and pushing forward, 5 wracks and 5 incubi in each raider, accompanied by Drazhar or Archon, trueborn in raider flying around blowing stuff up.

I could swap out 1 talos + the raider upgrades for 2 units of mandrakes, which could be useful against certain armies, but then I worry about the durability of 2 talos vs 3.

Thoughts?

Here's the list:

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [47 PL, 11CP, 830pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

Obsession: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose: Flawless Workmanship

Raiding Forces - CP Refund

+ HQ +

Archon [5 PL, -1CP, 85pts]: Ancient Evil, Huskblade, Overlord, Splinter Pistol, Stratagem: Tolerated Ambition, The Djin Blade
. Splintered Genius (Obsidian Rose): Splintered Genius

Drazhar [8 PL, 145pts]: Hatred Eternal, Warlord

+ Troops +

Kabalite Trueborn [8 PL, 135pts]
. 6x Kabalite Trueborn: 6x Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite Trueborn w/ Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance
. Kabalite Trueborn w/ Special Weapon: Blaster
. Trueborn Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

+ Elites +

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]
. 4x Incubi: 4x Klaive
. Klaivex: Klaive

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [6 PL, 105pts]: Dark Lance, Kabal, Splinter racks

Raider [6 PL, 100pts]: Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies, Kabal

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [37 PL, -2CP, 670pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost

Obsession: The Prophets of Flesh: Connoisseurs of Pain

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Prizes from the Dark City [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Haemonculus [5 PL, -1CP, 100pts]: Diabolical Soothsayer, Stratagem: Tolerated Ambition, The Vexator Mask
. Alchemical Maestro (Prophets): Alchemical Maestro

+ Troops +

Haemoxytes [8 PL, 105pts]
. 9x Haemoxyte: 9x Wrack Blade
. Haemoxyte Acothyst: Electrocorrosive Whip

Wracks [3 PL, 45pts]
. Acothyst: Electrocorrosive Whip
. 4x Wracks: 4x Wrack Blade

Wracks [3 PL, 45pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Talos [18 PL, 375pts]
. Talos: Macro-scalpel, Twin liquifier gun
. . Two heat lances
. . Two heat lances
. . Two heat lances

++ Total: [84 PL, 9CP, 1,500pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10 2021, 22:34

A Talos is a very durable Beast, so 2 should be sufficient. Keep the trophies, because of the Incubi Tormentors
And take an 8-elf squad of Mandrakes. Then you have 5pts spare. Maybe a Blast Pistol for your Archon?

Hellion
duckduckgoose

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11 2021, 00:51

@Zenotaph I like the idea of a slightly larger squad of Mandrakes, especially because it allows me to keep the grisly trophies. With the 2 talos I could split them into 2 units of 1 each, that way they each benefit from the PoF obsession to regain 1 wound per turn. What would you think of that?
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11 2021, 01:51

Sounds ok to me. Do you really need the splinter racks? I never really needed them.
When I equip Raiders, I use Grizzly Trophies and/or PGL sometimes.

Hellion
duckduckgoose

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11 2021, 01:54

Probably not, was just a way to fill 10 points. Might be better spend on PGL’s, though in combo with potent metallotoxins the trueborn could do a few wounds to a vehicle with their splinter rifles.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11 2021, 02:05

You have 4 DL, 2 Blasters and 4 Heatlances. With that much you really dont want to spend 2CP in 7 splinterrifles.
Going from your original List, I would go:
-1 Talos +125pts
-1 Splinterracks +10pts
+8 Mandrakes -120pts
leaving 15pts. Could be 3PGL. Or 2 and a Blastpistol, or +1 Mandrake
A nice choice could be 3 Hexrifles for your Wracks. After all they ignore Look out, Sir!

Hellion
duckduckgoose

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11 2021, 02:13

Fair point about the splinter rifles. How do you typically use hexrifles? Just take potshots at characters?
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11 2021, 02:22

Depends on where your Wracks are and what is visible to them. But they have a nice range and a fair AP/D combo.
I suggested them, because it looks to me, that your Wracks are objective camper.

Hellion
duckduckgoose

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11 2021, 02:34

Yeah they will fulfill that role, though the 5-wrack units may join the incubi on the charge, depending on what the target is. You’ve given me some good things to try out, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11 2021, 02:44

Dont forget the Blastpistol. Its like an additional melee attack with S8 AP-4 for a mere 5pts.
OK, the range is a joke, but its hillarious when it hits.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11 2021, 13:35

Im going to chime in with a few Competitive comments, so feel free to disregard at your lesure.

Mandrakes. Yes. Those guys are basically required to save you from some janky tricks. Ravenguard/AdMech dropping a bunch of stuff on you Turn 1 really sucks, and those 75 points almost always pay for themselves. Dropping 1 Talos and switching the other two into units of 1 makes a lot of sense.

I really like the Ichor Injector on the Talos instead of the very costly Liquifiers. But if those things work in your Meta, than you do what makes sense for you.

I also like the Blast Pistol on the Archon. If you remember your OR reroll to wound it should be more than worth its 5 points.

Only glaring ommission (other than the mandrakes) is a lack of hoard clearing. Generally Wyches fill this role, but Shredder Scourges also work really well (plus can score you VPs). But again, its totally up to you.

For the Splinter Racks, I am on the fence. It does feel good to be double-tapping your splinter rifles at 30", but they rarely do much (outside a few match ups, which the Wracks can help with). Definitely not worth the 2 CP (again, the 10 man Wrack squad would do more work with the buff). But without the extra range 7 of the treuborn really dont do much...
Back to top Go down
duckduckgoose
Hellion
duckduckgoose

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11 2021, 16:29

Thanks for the comments.

I will definitely be including at least 5 mandrakes, and maybe up to 8. I don't generally play against horde armies, but I do see that this army has a weakness there. What would you remove to bring a unit of shredder scourges? I suppose the twin liquifiers on the talos could provide some anti-horde capabilities, though somewhat unreliably.

Also agreed about the splinter racks. Maybe shooting vehicles isn't the best use, but always getting 14 shots hitting on 2s, wounding on 4s is a lot better than 7
Back to top Go down
duckduckgoose
Hellion
duckduckgoose

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11 2021, 16:38

Actually, answered my own question.

If I drop 1 talos, swap the twin liquifiers for ichor injectors, and take 5 mandrakes, I can afford a unit of shredder scourges!
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11 2021, 17:06

Dont overdo it. If your friends dont play competitive you might loose them. Wink

Hellion
duckduckgoose

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11 2021, 17:22

Haha, good point! I have a group of friends where the games are more friendly, so I will make sure my lists are the same, but at a couple of LGS nights there is more of a competitive scene.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11 2021, 19:19

And dont forget the most important thing: Drukhari might have a very strong Dex,
but they still need their own careful playstyle. If you just push them forward like Marines, you will loose.
Big time.

After saying that much, there is only one thing left: Have a damn lot of fun! lol!

Hellion
duckduckgoose

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11 2021, 19:20

Oh yeah, we still need to be tricky! Looking forward to trying this list out next week, I'll let you know how it goes, and thanks for all your suggestions!
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11 2021, 22:04

Mind posting your final list? Just for the record...

Hellion
duckduckgoose

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11 2021, 23:11

Absolutely! Here's the final "most competitive" version. The other version loses the Scourges, adds 3 Mandrakes and equips the Talos with twin liquifiers.

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [47 PL, 11CP, 835pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

Obsession: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose: Flawless Workmanship

+ HQ +

Archon [5 PL, -1CP, 90pts]: Ancient Evil, Blast Pistol, Huskblade, Overlord, Stratagem: Tolerated Ambition, The Djin Blade
. Splintered Genius (Obsidian Rose): Splintered Genius

Drazhar [8 PL, 145pts]: Hatred Eternal, Warlord

+ Troops +

Kabalite Trueborn [8 PL, 135pts]
. 6x Kabalite Trueborn: 6x Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite Trueborn w/ Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance
. Trueborn Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

+ Elites +

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [6 PL, 105pts]: Dark Lance, Kabal, Splinter racks

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [39 PL, -2CP, 665pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost

Obsession: The Prophets of Flesh: Connoisseurs of Pain

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Prizes from the Dark City [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Haemonculus [5 PL, -1CP, 100pts]: Diabolical Soothsayer, Stratagem: Tolerated Ambition, The Vexator Mask
. Alchemical Maestro (Prophets): Alchemical Maestro

+ Troops +

Haemoxytes [8 PL, 105pts]
. 9x Haemoxyte: 9x Wrack Blade
. Haemoxyte Acothyst: Electrocorrosive Whip

Wracks [3 PL, 45pts]

Wracks [3 PL, 40pts]
. Acothyst: Wrack Blade

+ Elites +

Mandrakes [3 PL, 75pts]
. 4x Mandrake: 4x Baleblast, 4x Glimmersteel Blade
. Nightfiend

+ Fast Attack +

Scourges [5 PL, 80pts]
. Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon: Shredder
. Solarite: Shardcarbine

+ Heavy Support +

Talos [6 PL, 110pts]
. Talos: Macro-scalpel, Talos ichor injector
. . Two heat lances

Talos [6 PL, 110pts]
. Talos: Macro-scalpel, Talos ichor injector
. . Two heat lances

++ Total: [86 PL, 9CP, 1,500pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12 2021, 10:05

So you kept the splinterracks?

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12 2021, 14:41

I really like the list!

If you trash your buddies, it may be a good idea to de-tune the list and throw some less competitive options in there. But you are already pulling your punch by not taking Cults (which are the clear frontrunner in our Codex, even before the CoS supplement).

As @Zenotaph says, positioning is still super important. If you make 1 too many mistakes the whole house of cards will collapse. But thats what playing Dark Eldar is all about!

Let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12 2021, 15:06

Oh boy, I remember my last match. I positioned two Raiders too close together.
After loosing first turn, I went for a smoke. When I came back, a bloody Helldrake sat near them.
Believe me, it was catastrophic. After that little mistake it all circled down the drain...

Hellion
duckduckgoose

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12 2021, 17:09

fisheyes wrote:

If you trash your buddies, it may be a good idea to de-tune the list and throw some less competitive options in there. But you are already pulling your punch by not taking Cults (which are the clear frontrunner in our Codex, even before the CoS supplement).

I would be running cult but every time I go to buy hellions and reavers they are sold out!!! Oh well, torture elves are fun too
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12 2021, 19:56

Hahaha, same thing here. Havent been any Hellions in stock for months. Luckily I grabbed a dozen Reavers before the codex dropped on a hunch they would be awesome.

TBH I think the Reavers are inferior to the Hellions, but that may just be my playstyle. Currently running 9 Reavers with 3 Blasters and 3 Grav Tallons. The blasters get maybe 1 shot off in any given game (usually at -1 to hit because of Advancing). Ive tried to use them as a shooting unit, but if I take them out of back field before Turn 3 they just get destroyed.

Ya, there are A LOT of ways to make positioning errors. One of my first few games with the new codex was against a Demon list with a lot of Horrors and summoning points. Suddenly my Raider was surrounded by demons, IN MY OWN DAMN SHOOTING PHASE!

I still have PTSD whenever I see Horrors across the table with Summoning points to spend XD
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12 2021, 20:07

I think, I still need to learn how to play my Reavers right. I use 9 with heatlances, gravtalons and splintermind.
12 are impossible to hide, 6 dont have the power I need. Too often Im just not patient enough.
After all, they are fast Jetbikes...

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)   Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obsidian Rose + PoF 1500 pts (maybe competitive)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next