THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Crusade games - unit upgrades

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Void Prince
Hellion
Void Prince

Crusade games - unit upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Crusade games - unit upgrades   Crusade games - unit upgrades I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13 2021, 14:28

Hi, would one of my fellow Archons help out on this please?

In a Crusade game, can a unit (not Hq's) take any or all of the availiable upgrades from the start? For example, a unit of 10 warriors, are they restricted to just splinter rifles etc? Ditto for a vehicle.

Thanks in advance for the help...
Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Crusade games - unit upgrades   Crusade games - unit upgrades I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13 2021, 18:19

You can put whatever wargear you wish on them as normal.

Trueborn and the like are locked behind an RP purchase however.
Back to top Go down
Void Prince
Hellion
Void Prince

PostSubject: Re: Crusade games - unit upgrades   Crusade games - unit upgrades I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13 2021, 19:27

Yziel wrote:
You can put whatever wargear you wish on them as normal.

Trueborn and the like are locked behind an RP purchase however.

Thanks for the reply Yziel.

It seems strange under this system you can load out your units to the max for the same cost...
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Crusade games - unit upgrades   Crusade games - unit upgrades I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13 2021, 20:03

Yes, but only if you are using Power Level.

Generally you do use Power Level in Crusade. It requires a bit of self-balancing with your gaming group though. Also, it costs you Requisition points if you want to re-equip the unit (but keep the Experience points)
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Crusade games - unit upgrades   Crusade games - unit upgrades I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13 2021, 20:11

I wanted to play a crusade campaign for a looooong time now, but somehow it never happened.
Your units grow better, the more you play, right?

Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Crusade games - unit upgrades   Crusade games - unit upgrades I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13 2021, 23:13

Effectively, outside of some mission rewards, every unit can take whatever they could in a normal game, and over the course of a campaign get access to eventually 4 upgrades, be it extra relics for characters, weapon upgrades, or new abilities.
It's really good for narrative stuff, my LGS is running a crusade campaign that stretches through to December

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Void Prince
Hellion
Void Prince

PostSubject: Re: Crusade games - unit upgrades   Crusade games - unit upgrades I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14 2021, 14:25

[quote="fisheyes"]Yes, but only if you are using Power Level.

Generally you do use Power Level in Crusade. It requires a bit of self-balancing with your gaming group though. Also, it costs you Requisition points if you want to re-equip the unit (but keep the Experience points)[/quote

Yep, I can see how it could be open to abuse. Power sword & Blast pistol on a warrior anyone? Smile
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Crusade games - unit upgrades   Crusade games - unit upgrades I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16 2021, 13:15

Zenotaph wrote:
I wanted to play a crusade campaign for a looooong time now, but somehow it never happened.
Your units grow better, the more you play, right?

They can also get worse, with Battle Scars that can happen if your unit gets wiped out.

Its a really fun system, but only if you are playing with buddies who will self-regulate the power of their lists.

The Battle Honors/ Battle Scars (benefits and detriments) can also get "Gamed" with little difficulty. Again, needs to get played with a group of people wanting to play a "fluffier" approach.

I really want to get back into Crusade. It really is a fun system, the best "naritive" approach to the game since the "Kill Team" add on from 5th edition (a distant ancestor to the current Kill Team game).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crusade games - unit upgrades   Crusade games - unit upgrades I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crusade games - unit upgrades
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: