THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

HQ Edition Comment Thread : Crazy_Irish

Go down 
+5
Archeonlotet
Shadows Revenge
Crazy_Irish
Gobsmakked
GAR
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish Empty
PostSubject: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Crazy_Irish   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 01:15

Comment thread for the HQ entry for Crazy_Irish

HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish Iaqe-k-98f1

This conversion looks very simple and easy to do. However, I recognize all the parts that into this and it is actually quite involved.

You should feel very proud that you made this look so easy. Excellent conversion. I think I will be borrowing this idea as well.

HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish Youdaamrg

Last edited by GAR on Fri Dec 23 2011, 12:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Crazy_Irish   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19 2011, 21:26

I just realised exactly what you have done here Crazy_Irish, and the finished fig looks quite seamless. But, as GAR mentions, I think it would have been a bit involved too.

Very nice job. Is this Ancient for your Tantalus, or regular coven?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Crazy_Irish   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19 2011, 23:46

Thank you both for the compliment. I just wanted to have a different pose, and was glad, that it fitted that well.

The Haemonculi is part of the Coven, that the Tantalus is also Part. In fact, as he is the ancient haemonculi, he is da Boss ;-) (or Granpa) But he is not part of the "crew".

As soon as, i'll have finished my Word Bearers (so at the latest at the end of Dec) i'll start on the haemi. i've got to stuff some little bits at his back, and glue on a chain, into his lower right arm. There is just one Question, what to put on the end of the chain?

Nothing(as then your imagination can take a trip into Nightmare Land)
A puppy(well a do-it-yourself-pubby with parts of prisoners and warp beasts - think mars attacks)
Or the chain around the neck of a victim, strangling it.
Or some nice hooks

any suggestions or favorites

and GAR and others, borrow the idea, as it would just make me proud (and i often also borrow, especially at an event like this, where there are some really great ideas!!!)

sláinte

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Crazy_Irish   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2011, 17:42

working will alot of finecast as of late, I must admit you made it look so easy. I am quite jealous Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Crazy_Irish   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24 2011, 07:44

Using a wrack in a conversion for a haemonculus. It seems so obvious, yet I never even considered it. What a great looking piece!
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Crazy_Irish   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25 2011, 23:08

I'm going to echo a lot of the others in saying the conversion is seamless, for me the best conversions are ones where it looks like a model that you can just buy from the shop.

Great work.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Crazy_Irish   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01 2012, 22:48

Well thanks a lot, makes me very proud to here, that you like him!
I've done a little more to him,added a chain,a pet, a victim and some ruines. Sadly i'm not in my place, so you'll need to wait until the third, to see some new pictures.

And i guess, then i'll need to start on his paindjob.

Slainte

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Crazy_Irish   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2012, 18:44

Well like i said, it's the 3rd now, and here are some new pics.

He is ready for his primer and i guess i'll start to paint him tomorrow....
so here he is:
HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish Haemon10
HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish Haemon11

his little dog/pet likes to eat of the ground, what Mr H doesn't support, but accepts ;-)

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Crazy_Irish   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2012, 23:56

Well, he is finished. i will take some better pictures, but these must do for now ;-)

HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish Haemi013
HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish Haemi014
HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish Haemi015

Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Crazy_Irish   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07 2012, 00:16

I like it. Good job.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Crazy_Irish   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07 2012, 02:08

Good stuff!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Crazy_Irish   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07 2012, 02:15

Fantastic! Great base work as well Smile
Back to top Go down
foeofnight
Hellion
foeofnight

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Crazy_Irish   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2012, 04:10

I too have been using a slightly converted wrack for my haemonculus... but I must say I like yours better Smile

The base work is superb!
Keep up the good work
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Crazy_Irish   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2012, 09:34

Thank you! I will have to do some better pictures, as i do not know if someone recognized my try on a wasp face on his mask. I'll see if i can work with some better angle.

sláinte

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Crazy_Irish   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Crazy_Irish I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HQ Edition Comment Thread : Crazy_Irish
Page 1 of 1