THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

HQs and Relics.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Groan
Hellion
Groan

HQs and Relics.  Empty
PostSubject: HQs and Relics.    HQs and Relics.  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11 2021, 10:22

Helloooo,

I'm building a list for a game later today and I'm unsure who can actually take a relic.

I'm taking two detachments. A patrol - Obsidian Rose lead by a master Archon. And an outrider (15 Reavers and 25 Hellions lol) - Cult of Strife lead by a regular Archon.

I know the master Archon has access to relics, but does my second, regular Archon? He certainly doesn't gain access to the COS relic as it reads "Cult of Strife SUCCUBUS model only". That's fine.
But can he still dablle in the articfacts of cruelty due to being a HQ of an attachment?

Happy weekend, all.
Back to top Go down
Patayou
Hellion
Patayou

HQs and Relics.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: HQs and Relics.    HQs and Relics.  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11 2021, 14:54

yes but only the non-faction-dependant ones, same goes for warlord traits, and he won't get an obsession. and it'll cost you some CP obviously, unless he's your warlord.

If I may ask, why not replace him with a succubus ?
Back to top Go down
Groan
Hellion
Groan

HQs and Relics.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: HQs and Relics.    HQs and Relics.  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11 2021, 19:47

I simply don't own a succubus ;(

Thanks for the info. Where does it read that the none warlord Archon can access relics and warlord traits for CP?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

HQs and Relics.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: HQs and Relics.    HQs and Relics.  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11 2021, 20:45

Basic version is "If your army is led by a Drukhari Warlord, you can, when mustering your army, give one of the following Artefacts of Cruelty to a Drukhari Character model in your army."

So if your Warlord is Drukhari, then any one Character in the army can have an Artefact of Cruelty. It doesn't have to be the Warlord who has the relic.

Codex Drukhari, top of page 74.

And of course you can also use the Prizes From The Dark City stratagem to "Select one Drukhari Character model from your army and give them one Artefact of Cruelty."
But only if "your Warlord has the Drukhari keyword".

http://www.escelionfilms.com
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

HQs and Relics.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: HQs and Relics.    HQs and Relics.  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14 2021, 17:03

Please keep in mind that by including Kabal units in your Cult of Strife Outrider, you have broken the Cult of Strife - Army of Renown - restrictions (from the Book of Rust).

So your units will retain their +1 to charge and Fight First abilities, they will not have access to any of the Book of Rust stratagems. You also cannot take any of the Book of Rust Relics (they require a CoS Warlord).

However, your Archon can indeed take a Relic, such as the Djin Blade or the Animus Vitae
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HQs and Relics.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: HQs and Relics.    HQs and Relics.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HQs and Relics.
Page 1 of 1