THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Big guns never tire and opened topped vehicles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Groan
Hellion
Groan

Big guns never tire and opened topped vehicles  Empty
PostSubject: Big guns never tire and opened topped vehicles    Big guns never tire and opened topped vehicles  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16 2021, 14:59

How do these two rules work together? Can a Raider filled with Kabalites shoot out while the Raider is within engagement range? Or is it just the Raider which can shoot while the Kabalites sit there and watch?

Back to top Go down
Patayou
Hellion
Patayou

PostSubject: Re: Big guns never tire and opened topped vehicles    Big guns never tire and opened topped vehicles  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16 2021, 16:16

Groan wrote:
Or is it just the Raider which can shoot while the Kabalites sit there and watch?

this one unfortunately, with their main weapon at least, they can still shoot with pistols however, as if they were in melee

from the open-topped rule :"While this transport is within Engagement Range of any enemy units, embarked units cannot shoot, except with Pistols."
Back to top Go down
Groan
Hellion
Groan

PostSubject: Re: Big guns never tire and opened topped vehicles    Big guns never tire and opened topped vehicles  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16 2021, 20:56

Oof, and I thought I had hit a eureka moment.
Thanks for the info though Smile
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Big guns never tire and opened topped vehicles    Big guns never tire and opened topped vehicles  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17 2021, 13:10

Ya, you really got to be careful with Open Topped rules.

Falling back and shooting your Trueborn inside the Raider becomes really difficult when you get tagged.

1- disembark your Trueborn
2- fall back with the Raider
3- Shoot the Trueborn into their target
4- Fire and Fade (2CP) back into the transport
Back to top Go down
Groan
Hellion
Groan

PostSubject: Re: Big guns never tire and opened topped vehicles    Big guns never tire and opened topped vehicles  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21 2021, 10:35

Holy Cow, that's a good combo. But are you sure you can use never stationary/fire and fade to get back into transports?

Does the wording of "Normal Move" below prohibit or permit embarking?

"Use this Stratagem in your Shooting phase after making attacks with a DRUKHARI unit (excluding AIRCRAFT units) from your army. That unit can immediately make a Normal Move of up to 7". Until the end of the turn, that unit is not eligible to declare a charge."
Back to top Go down
Sambomaster
Slave
Sambomaster

PostSubject: Re: Big guns never tire and opened topped vehicles    Big guns never tire and opened topped vehicles  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23 2021, 18:18

Groan wrote:
Holy Cow, that's a good combo. But are you sure you can use never stationary/fire and fade to get back into transports?

Does the wording of "Normal Move" below prohibit or permit embarking?

"Use this Stratagem in your Shooting phase after making attacks with a DRUKHARI unit (excluding AIRCRAFT units) from your army. That unit can immediately make a Normal Move of up to 7". Until the end of the turn, that unit is not eligible to declare a charge."

You can embark/disembark once per phase I believe. So Disembark in the movement phase and embark in the shooting phase. I had a lot of misunderstandings with this rule for awhile until I played Craftworlds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big guns never tire and opened topped vehicles    Big guns never tire and opened topped vehicles  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big guns never tire and opened topped vehicles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: