THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Thicc City

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
UmJamLam
Hellion
UmJamLam

2k Thicc City  Empty
PostSubject: 2k Thicc City    2k Thicc City  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26 2022, 22:25

Artisans of Flesh Patrol

HQ

Succubus - precision blows, triptych whip, adrenalight (-1 CP)

Troops

5x Wracks - electrocorrosive whip, ossefactor

5x Wracks - electrocorrosive whip, ossefactor

Elites

4x Grotesques

4x Grotesques

Fast Attack

10x Hellions - Adrenalight

Heavy Support

2x Talos - Heat lances, ichor injectors, talos gauntlets

Artists of Flesh Patrol

HQ

Haemonculus - Master Haemonculus, Master Regenerist (-1CP)

Drazhar - Hatred Eternal

Troops

10x Haemoxytes - 3x Liquifier guns, electrocorrossive whip

Elites

6x Mandrakes

Heavy Support

2x Cronos - 2x Spirit Probe

Black Heart Patrol

HQ

Archon - Ancient Evil, Djin Blade (-2 CP)

Troops

5x Kabalites

I'm considering changing a few things in the list, would love to hear feedback on these:

- Swapping Drazhar out for another squad of 4 grotesques

- changing the talos to 2 squads of 3 and then having the two cronos run solo.

- Running the succubus with competitive edge instead of precision blows
Back to top Go down
Dabbarexe
Hellion
Dabbarexe

2k Thicc City  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Thicc City    2k Thicc City  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27 2022, 09:05

- That Archon brings very little to the table in this list, except for Ancient Evil. I would shift Drazhar over to head the Black Heart detachment as the HQ choice, or else drop Drazhar and bring a court and extra grotesques.

- I agree that units of 3 Talos is the way to go, the Cronos work fine as single model units.

- Those warriors don't need to be warriors for the detachment to be Black heart, take more wracks instead.

- What is the function of the Hellions in this list? I believe fast moving units to tag your opponent's shooting, enter their table quarter and perform actions is an underappreciated asset in a Thicc City list, but MSU Reavers do it better. Especially with the new secondaries and deploy teleport homers being the new ROD.

- With the number of vehicle spam/-1D going around it's hard to say whether Competitive Edge is still better. I would say Competitive Edge is better 6/10 games in a competitive setting. 8/10 games otherwise.
Back to top Go down
UmJamLam
Hellion
UmJamLam

2k Thicc City  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Thicc City    2k Thicc City  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27 2022, 15:30

Some good suggestions, the archon is really just there for Ancient Evil (but he is a decently scary threat himself).

I do agree the squads of 3 talos are better for damage output and a better target for pain syphon, but they suffer a little more when trading and have less board control. Being able to run the Cronos separately is a big plus though.

Unfortunately I only own 20 wracks. But I may get 5 more to replace the warriors.

I typically use the hellions as a 3rd wave for taking the middle. I usually hold them back behind a big piece of terrain the first turn or two and then use them to help support the covens stuff or snipe characters with flyby if someone has overcommitted. I have tried two squads of 5 in the past with some success however.
Back to top Go down
Dabbarexe
Hellion
Dabbarexe

2k Thicc City  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Thicc City    2k Thicc City  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27 2022, 19:56

That's a fairly niche use for the hellions especially with no obsessions to benefit from. I'd recommend dropping Drazhat for a court and have them be the third wave that spends the first few turns behind cover doing actions and screening.

The hellions can be held in deepstrike, probably as 2 units of 5, and come down to do actions and stick in your opponent's backline or collapse on one flank with your talos/grots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2k Thicc City  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Thicc City    2k Thicc City  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Thicc City
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-