THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Who Needs Kabalites Anyway?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Who Needs Kabalites Anyway? Empty
PostSubject: Who Needs Kabalites Anyway?   Who Needs Kabalites Anyway? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30 2022, 01:32

I'll freely admit that this list was inspired by CptMetal. Aim is to go for some traditional gunboats - except with Corsairs in place of Kabalites.

Poison Tongue Patrol:
Archon (huskblade, splinter pistol, Soul-Seeker) Warlord: Soul Thirst
5 Wracks (2x liquifier gun)
10 Corsair Voidreavers (7x splinter rifle, 2x blaster, 1x wraithcannon)
5 Incubi
10 Corsair Voidscarred (8x splinter rifles, ranger long-rifle, splinter cannon, Way Seeker)
5 Scourges (4x heat lance)
5 Scourges (4x shredder)
Raider (Dark Lance)
Raider (Dark Lance)
Raider (Dark Lance)
Venom (2x Splinter Cannon)

Cult of the Cursed Blade Patrol:
Succubus (Adrenalight, Glaive & agoniser, Triptych Whip) Tolerated Ambition: Precision Blows
5 Wyches (Grave lotus)
10 Corsair Voidreavers (7x splinter rifle, 1x wraithcannon)
10 Corsair Voidreavers (7x splinter rifle, 1x wraithcannon)
5 Mandrakes
5 Mandrakes
9 Reavers (Splintermind, 3x heat lance)

2000pts; 10CP

Archon goes with one of the Voidreaver squads and pretends his gun is worth a damn. Succubus goes with the Wyches. Voidscarred stay back and shoot (the long-rifle-man possibly tries to compete with the Archon for who has the worst sniper weapon  Wink ).

Ideally, I'd have added a 4th Corsair unit but I ran out of Raiders and they need 10 men to get a worthwhile heavy weapon.

Something I realised after drafting this list was just how few models it contained that actually benefitted from Kabal/Cult bonuses. Mostly it's Corsairs, mercenaries and transports . . . which I suppose you could argue is pretty fitting. Razz

Also, while I definitely want the Wraithcannons on the Voidreavers, I wasn't sure whether to bother with special weapons or not (as their special rule has the most synergy with their native Shuriken weapons).

I'm open to any thoughts and suggestions on this list.

CptMetal likes this post

Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Who Needs Kabalites Anyway?   Who Needs Kabalites Anyway? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30 2022, 03:24

I imagine a Duke Sliscus themed army looking a lot like this. Though with that, I would probably put in a unit of trueborn.

Soulless Samurai likes this post

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Who Needs Kabalites Anyway?   Who Needs Kabalites Anyway? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30 2022, 16:11

Due to the lack of wracks I build a 1500 points list against a thousand Sons player and friend of mine.
More for competitive beer and Bretzel warhammer.
My kid got my phone and watches minecraft videos, so I have to build my battlescribe list from memory:

Black Heart detachment (because I think prophets of flesh wound reduction works only on str7 less, and I think he has no weapon of that strength)
Archon with Agoniser, consumate weaponmaster and master archon and helm of spite
10 trueborn with 2x blaster and lance
Raider with racks and desintegrator

10 voidreavers (shuriken rifle) with 2 blasters and BFG wraithgun

10 Incubbi
Raider with desintegrator

Cursed blade
Master Succubus with precision blow and tryptic whip and show stealer (of course tolerated ambition and prizes of the dark city)

10 Bloodbrides with strength drug, power sword and all those special weapons
Raider with desintegrator and chain snares

6 reavers with 2 blasters and 2 grav talon and power sword

3 reavers with 1 blaster

I like your list but I am not sure about the scourges.
They basically die to every retaliation.
How do you keep them alive?
Likewise the mandrakes, I am afraid those small squads die too easily, but I haven´t been playing for years, so feel free to dismiss that criticism.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Who Needs Kabalites Anyway?   Who Needs Kabalites Anyway? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30 2022, 23:48

CptMetal wrote:
Due to the lack of wracks I build a 1500 points list against a thousand Sons player and friend of mine.
More for competitive beer and Bretzel warhammer.
My kid got my phone and watches minecraft videos, so I have to build my battlescribe list from memory:

Black Heart detachment (because I think prophets of flesh wound reduction works only on str7 less, and I think he has no weapon of that strength)
Archon with Agoniser, consumate weaponmaster and master archon and helm of spite
10 trueborn with 2x blaster and lance

10 Incubbi
Raider with desintegrator

Cursed blade
Master Succubus with precision blow and tryptic whip and show stealer (of course tolerated ambition and prizes of the dark city)

10 Bloodbrides with strength drug, power sword and all those special weapons
Raider with desintegrator and chain snares

6 reavers with 2 blasters and 2 grav talon and power sword

3 reavers with 1 blaster

Oh neat.

If I was going to offer one suggestion, might it be wise to split the Incubi into 2 units of 5? That way you split them up if needs be and you get a second Klaivex (so more attacks and wounds overall).

CptMetal wrote:

I like your list but I am not sure about the scourges.
They basically die to every retaliation.
How do you keep them alive?
Likewise the mandrakes, I am afraid those small squads die too easily, but I haven´t been playing for years, so feel free to dismiss that criticism.

With Scourges, I don't generally expect them to live beyond a single turn. I'll usually just deep strike them within range of a target and hope to do enough damage to it to make the investment worthwhile. If they live long enough to shoot a second time I'll consider it a bonus.

To be perfectly honest, I think you're right to be sceptical about them as they're very expensive compared to similar one-shot units. I put them in mainly because I was looking at my collection and struggling to think what else to throw in for a list like this. Razz

The Mandrakes are just there to try and grab some secondary objectives. Since I don't need them to shoot anything, I'll probably aim to hide them out of LoS as much as possible. They're not a big investment so if they do die it's not a huge deal.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Who Needs Kabalites Anyway?   Who Needs Kabalites Anyway? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31 2022, 05:35

Hmm..
Fair points.
I think I will update my list accordingly too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Needs Kabalites Anyway?   Who Needs Kabalites Anyway? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who Needs Kabalites Anyway?
Page 1 of 1