THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters

Go down 
+2
CptMetal
Jebei
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jebei
Hellion
Jebei

Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters  Empty
PostSubject: Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters    Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02 2022, 12:33

Are they worth taking?I read in the Codex that you can take them in Scourge squads or on Talos and follow the basic anti-infantry blast rules, but are they any good vs vehicles?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters    Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02 2022, 14:53

I have built them that way and I wish I had build them with Blasters.
Being a heavy weapon sucks

Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters    Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03 2022, 06:45

I run my talos and scourges with either heat lances or haywire and don't regret it, both have a degree of gambling that I'm fine with, because when they pop off they pop off.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters    Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04 2022, 12:06

I run my Scourges with Dark Lances sometimes. You have to carefully deploy them,
But 4 D3+3 AP-4 shots hitting on 3+ with a 36" range is quite something to watch after.

Blasters and Shredder are very nice, too, because they can really flap around and choose their targets...

Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters    Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters  I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2022, 22:11

Shredders have suddenly lost a lot of utility with Armor of Contempt being a thing now, especially since Scourges, as far as I know, have no way of ignoring light cover.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters    Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters  I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2022, 01:16

Magnets. Magnets everywhere.

HWB will come back into vogue eventually, maybe sooner than later with Knights around the corner.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters    Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters  I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2022, 03:17

fisheyes wrote:
Magnets. Magnets everywhere.

HWB will come back into vogue eventually, maybe sooner than later with Knights around the corner.

HWB aren't too shabby vs. hordes either. Granted, I don't know if gant/gaunt/gargoyle hordes are actually a thing in the new nid codex.

It just really sucks that they are heavy. Seemingly for no reason.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters    Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters  I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2022, 12:00

I still like the Dark Lances on my Scourges. The tricky part is to deploy them right...

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters    Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters  I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2022, 12:58

Im not too hot on Lances right now. Too many things in Comp play right now that you need to hit on 4s, wound on 4s, followed by a 4++. Needs a lot of luck to make it thru all those coin-flips, and I am not that lucky.

Plus Aircraft remain a thing that just zip up and go "Please remove those scourge from the table. And that Ravager beside it".

Really hope the Harpie gets hit by a massive nerf bat. Then I just need to worry about CWE Wraith plane and the Wazbomb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters    Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie Question: Drukhari Haywire Blasters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: