THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Chaos Spawn bombs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jebei
Hellion
Jebei

Chaos Spawn bombs Empty
PostSubject: Chaos Spawn bombs   Chaos Spawn bombs I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18 2022, 15:18

Hi, a Newbie question here.....how do you deal with Chaos Spawn Bombs?They are in units of 1-5 models and he'll bent on close combat.

Any advice welcome 🙂
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Chaos Spawn bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Spawn bombs   Chaos Spawn bombs I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18 2022, 17:23

May I ask what level of competitiveness are you playing at? Semi-competitive games with your buddies, or Tournament level play?

At the Tournament level, I think we are better off building around a Coven Durability template. This would allow you to abuse terrain and try to stop them from charging their ideal targets (then countercharge with your own Wracks, using Tortures Craft to reroll wounds for 1 CP. Dont forget your Electrocorrosive Whip).

Remember that the Spawns have large base sizes, so if your 1" back from the edge of a wall, he wont be able to attack you thru it, and wont be able to fit on your side of the wall. Will force him to walk the long way around.

I would recomend doing some practice rolls of your attacks vs the unit, so you know what to expect from your damage output. Its pretty surprising how little damage Incubi/Succubi do, and its better to know before-hand what is required to kill them (remembering that if you throw multiple units into their bomb, they can interrupt after the first attack. Assuming you didnt use Fight Last mechanics).

Good luck fellow Archon!
Back to top Go down
Jebei
Hellion
Jebei

Chaos Spawn bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Spawn bombs   Chaos Spawn bombs I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18 2022, 17:36

It's just a knock about with friends but some are competitive.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Chaos Spawn bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Spawn bombs   Chaos Spawn bombs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2022, 00:45

Wracks and terrain are your answers, along with knowing what can ACTUALLY kill them. Do your practice rolls and see how many Incubi/Hellions/Wracks/Grotesques it takes on average so you dont waste your resources.

The main thing we need to focus on is knowing what it WILL take to kill things, not what we WANT. If that makes any sense.

What kind of tools do you bring to the table? Sometimes its better to just not attack things that we cant kill. Have sacrificial 5 man Wych units with +2" movement to block their movement, etc.

We can no longer count on murdering every unit in the game, we got to play a lot smarter with our resources.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Chaos Spawn bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Spawn bombs   Chaos Spawn bombs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2022, 12:32

What are the stats and specials of Chaosspawn? I havent seen one since ages...

Klaivex
fisheyes

Chaos Spawn bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Spawn bombs   Chaos Spawn bombs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2022, 15:11

From what I recall, they are basically Grotesques.
Back to top Go down
Jebei
Hellion
Jebei

Chaos Spawn bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Spawn bombs   Chaos Spawn bombs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2022, 16:31

This is the take on the Thousands Sons Chaos Spawn but these rules may change in the new codex.

https://youtu.be/2ojsRe7Scns
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Chaos Spawn bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Spawn bombs   Chaos Spawn bombs I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21 2022, 11:21

Totally forgot!!! Here is the Death Guard Chaos Spawn:

Chaos Spawn bombs Screen13

Well, from what I see, massive firepower like DL or mass splinterfire could work.
How much models do we talk?

Hellion
Jebei

Chaos Spawn bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Spawn bombs   Chaos Spawn bombs I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21 2022, 11:44

From what I've seen the player has a Thousand sons army but isn't going heavy Psyker.Instead he's running up to four Chaos Spawn in units of one (although he can have up to five per unit)and launching them at his opponnents lines where he thinks they will be effective.

My view is that with their speed,multiple attack potential,switching off auras plus overwatch and 4++ invulnerability save that they are going to need stopping.Thats why I thought to get some advice on here to supplement my thoughts on the matter.

I was thinking of putting some T5 Wracks in their way with anything I can add mortal wounds with to supplement combat against them.Blasters and DL should also harm them plus Truborn Splinter fire.Failing that beat them up with Cronos/Talos...any further suggestions welcome.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Chaos Spawn bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Spawn bombs   Chaos Spawn bombs I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21 2022, 13:07

DL Scourges could work well. 4 shots at 36" with S8 D3+3 could deal with 2 of them easily per round.
Just deploy them from start deep behind your lines.

Jebei likes this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Chaos Spawn bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Spawn bombs   Chaos Spawn bombs I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22 2022, 00:05

I would not count on killing one of those things with lances. Too many potential failure points.

Really recomend volume of attacks, that they will have a hard time chewing thru. Mainly Wracks (Acothyst with the Electrocorrosive Whip).

Killing things isnt our best tactic at this point in time. Positioning and playing the mission is more to our strength (IMHO)
Back to top Go down
Jebei
Hellion
Jebei

Chaos Spawn bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Spawn bombs   Chaos Spawn bombs I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22 2022, 01:26

I seem to be getting sucked into something  that the Drukhari do well to other armies....trading up.
These creatures cost 23points each and I'm thinking of using hundreds of points to defeat them.Im thinking the best option is as suggested to avoid them or slow them with  Wracks doing what Wracks do best....get in the way.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Chaos Spawn bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Spawn bombs   Chaos Spawn bombs I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22 2022, 01:51

Now your getting it Wink

But keep in mind that I am just some random Archon on the internet, coming from a Comp point of view.

There are multiple solutions to any problem, especially when your playing with your buddies/at your local game shop.

Wracks are my current solution to a variety of Comp problems. There are other solutions, including ones that are not discussed (Razorwing Flocks were a prominent part of my pre-Tyranid builds).

Good Luck and have fun raiding the Chattle Races

Jebei likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chaos Spawn bombs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Spawn bombs   Chaos Spawn bombs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaos Spawn bombs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA