THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Army of Renown Confirmed

Go down 
+6
Sarcron
Zenotaph
The Strange Dark One
krayd
Archon_91
Kalmah
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

Army of Renown Confirmed Empty
PostSubject: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeMon May 02 2022, 03:21

Warcom article here has confirmed that Haemonculi are getting an army of renown in the next war zone nachmund book - Rift War.

Should be interesting, covens have a fairly limited choice of units already, considering that most AoR don't allow certain types of units, I'm curious as to what the limitations will be.

Not to mention of course interested in what new relics, strats, and traits we get

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeMon May 02 2022, 10:41

I wonder if it will breathe any life into what is currently the world's most boring HQ choice?

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeMon May 02 2022, 12:14

Soulless Samurai wrote:
I wonder if it will breathe any life into what is currently the world's most boring HQ choice?
Cato Sicarius?

Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeMon May 02 2022, 13:37

The limitations will probably be in terms of not being able to bring kabal or wyche units in the army.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeMon May 02 2022, 13:42

That leaves not much left. Wracks, Grots, pain engines and blades for hire...

Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeMon May 02 2022, 14:06

Zenotaph wrote:
That leaves not much left. Wracks, Grots, pain engines and blades for hire...

Yep. But that is what I'd expect from a 'Coven Coterie'. Hopefully there are some good unit customization options to represent modifications/experimentations.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeMon May 02 2022, 14:29

I would imagine it will be similar to the Cult of Strife army of renown. Just a detatchment that only allows Coven/Blades for Hire.

Would be nice if it helped deal with Aircraft, our current kryptonyte. Otherwise, I would be afraid it would put us back into S Tier so we go through another round of nerfs (because obviously CWE and Harlie players would just soup it in, messing with our win rates)
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeMon May 02 2022, 14:33

fisheyes wrote:
I would imagine it will be similar to the Cult of Strife army of renown. Just a detatchment that only allows Coven/Blades for Hire.

Cult of Strife was a codex supplement/expansion for the Cult of Strife.

Armies of Reknown tend to work a bit differently, as far as I can tell, in that their rules affect the entire army rather than just a detachment. So, I doubt that it will be able to be souped in.
Back to top Go down
Wrack_Enthusiast
Hellion
Wrack_Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeMon May 02 2022, 17:13

I'm looking forward to it! I hope it'll be as interesting as the 7e supplement.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeMon May 02 2022, 17:36

Also, the limitation could simply be: no blades for hire! no other detachment etc...
So only a pure Coven list
Limited, yes, but well..that would make senses even if not THAT good.
anyway, we'll have all the proper answers in a maximum of 2 weeks, until then, it'S all only speculations we can do.

Take the TS army of renown with Tzaangors centric theme, the no vehicle clause remove some options from an already no option codex, that could be the same with us (and i doubt the Tzaangors AoR will be that good after all......fun: yes, good? not that sure!)
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeTue May 03 2022, 01:36

... and they release this as they just pulled the grots off the shelves .... I'll bet this AoR will be centered around wracks and/or cronos
Back to top Go down
Wrack_Enthusiast
Hellion
Wrack_Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeTue May 03 2022, 01:44

Archon_91 wrote:
... and they release this as they just pulled the grots off the shelves .... I'll bet this AoR will be centered around wracks and/or cronos
Hopefully it supports the entire range. I've got three grotesques coming in the mail, and I really want to use them. Besides, rotating out grotesques and urien is basically giving people carte-blanche for converting their own grotesques and using the latter as a counts-as haemonculus, so I'm cool with it. Actually, I wonder if the army of renown is going to give grotesques special upgrade rules like wyches have.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeTue May 03 2022, 02:00

I'm wondering if these rules were written well before the nerfs to pain engines, so might have weird inconsistencies, like assuming pain engines are core, or assuming that the haemi aura affects them.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeTue May 03 2022, 18:38

Archon_91 wrote:

If GW shelves Grotesques never to be seen again then this would be a mercy killing.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeTue May 03 2022, 18:51

The Strange Dark One wrote:

If GW shelves Grotesques never to be seen again then this would be a mercy killing.

Oh they will be seen again, just as a plastic release sometime late next year along with either individual or a box set of plastic court of the archon ... Urien will make his appearance in a box set along side a brand new coven engine (2) about 15 wracks and a set of the new grots as the "bad guys" ... probably faced up against guard or <flavor> space Marines... followed by an individual release with our next codex, beasts and beast master will be a set release along side their next "Nachmund" type story arc (then broken out into individual boxes)

Please note this has all been wild speculation and none of it is remotely based on anything

Plastic Mandrakes will slither in from the shadows during a Slannesh vs. The true kin type thing where they will somehow be set up as "psychers but not really" and can interact with the Psychic phase

Last edited by Archon_91 on Tue May 03 2022, 20:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeTue May 03 2022, 19:17

Archon_91 wrote:

Oh they will be seen again, just as a plastic release sometime late next year along with either individual or a box set of plastic court of the archon ... Urien will make his appearance in a box set along side a brand new coven engine (2) about 15 wracks and a set of the new grots as the "bad guys" ... probably faced up against guard or <flavor> space Marines... followed by an individual release with our next codex, beasts and beast master will be a set release along side their next "Nachmund" type story arc (then broken out into individual boxes)

Please note this has all been wild speculation and none of it is remotely based on anything

Poor Mandrakes, their Plastic Awakening will have to wait it seems Razz
Back to top Go down
Wrack_Enthusiast
Hellion
Wrack_Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeTue May 03 2022, 19:19

Finecast Grotesques aren't that bad. I think they look really nice, even. I'm looking forward to getting the 3 I ordered in the mail and adding them to my army. Hopefully, they'll be as fun on the table as they are to look at.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeTue May 03 2022, 21:04

Wrack_Enthusiast wrote:
Finecast Grotesques aren't that bad. I think they look really nice, even. I'm looking forward to getting the 3 I ordered in the mail and adding them to my army. Hopefully, they'll be as fun on the table as they are to look at.

The only issue that I have with the grotesques is that the monopose on them looks a little silly when you place a bunch of them together.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2022, 11:03

12:02:19Army of Renown Confirmed Warham10

Sorry, couldnt resist. Wink

Archon_91 and Soulless Samurai like this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2022, 12:44

Is that a conversion?

Either way, it looks outstanding. The design and the paintjob are both wonderful. Twisted Evil

In fact, I actually much prefer this more feral/bestial look to the more traditional Grotesque design.

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2022, 13:20

Actually, I dont know. Someone posted the pic about a year ago and I just saved it.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2022, 21:59

Those Grots are from a Russian studio, cant remember which one.

I am pretty pumped for the AoR. Will be up early Saturday to watch Skari review it on youtube Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeSat May 07 2022, 11:45

Goonhammer have put out their review for rift war here

Rules are as follows:

Can only take <coven> or blades for hire units in your army- this was kinda expected, but interesting to note that it means no urien.

Instead of an obsession, while units are under half-strength they get a 4+++... this is kinda meh, also everything gets fall back and charge.

Warlord traits:
1. Re-roll 1s to hit for CORE units within 6"
2. 5+ refund cp
3. CORE within 6" can re-roll number of shots

Relics:
1. An ichor injector that permanently reduces S, WS, BS for a non-vehicle unit
2. Start of morale phase pick an enemy unit within 12" - they get -4 morale
3. Stinger pistol w 5 shots that gives extra point of ap to units that fight the target that turn
4. Pick a non-vehicle unit at start of game and your CORE and characters get +1 to hit against it

Stratagems:
-Requisitions:
1. Character gets +3" to auras and abilities
2. CORE gets 3+ poison weapons
3. CORE gets +1 S to ranged weapons

-Strategic Ploys:
1. Pick a model that did wounds to a haemonculus in any phase, until end of next turn CORE get re-roll charges, hits, and wounds against it
2. Fight-phase, enemy units gets -1 to wound if one of your units destroys a model from it
3. remove obsec from an enemy unit
4. perma 4+++ on a unit if they destroy an enemy unit
5. Reduce attacks of an non-vehicle enemy unit if a poison weapon causes it to lose a wound

All of these cost 1 CP.

Overall I feel it's pretty weak, it almost feels like these were intended before pain engines lost CORE, and even then the replacement obsession is very... alright.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeSat May 07 2022, 12:36

Why no Urien? I guess that PROPHETS OF THE FLESH is a <COVEN> keyword, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitimeSat May 07 2022, 13:05

Same way that rules specify <coven> or Urien for things like stratagems

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Army of Renown Confirmed   Army of Renown Confirmed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Army of Renown Confirmed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next