THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Athletic Aerialists - only half as good?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Akumakaji
Slave
Akumakaji

Athletic Aerialists - only half as good? Empty
PostSubject: Athletic Aerialists - only half as good?   Athletic Aerialists - only half as good? I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2022, 04:05

Hello my fellow darklings and darklettes and everything in between.

Most of the time when running Wyches I play the cursed blade, not the most competitive, but its a lot of fun. On second place is the Red Grief, though, for all the mobility shennanigans and playing tiptoe with the ground.

But alas, desaster strikes: I guess I always played their signature stratagem wrong :V

The thing is that no one in my group noticed either, because we are so used to characters "joining" units from the older editions, instead of being their own unit, just harder targetable.

So, up until now I would drive by with my Raider, charge my Wyches and Succubus at a target unit, wipe them out and then Athletically Aerialist back into the Raider ... but apparantly only one unit can do so? Is this intented or just, again, an oversight? Can only the unit of Wyches OR the Succubus backflip into the Raider, while the other watches in awe? That would suck, but seems to be RAW, and if they way I played it up until now is RAI is everyones guess.

I mean, you don't always have to combo your Wyches with your Succubus, but its a pretty solid and fluffy thing to do so, so its a big bummer to see this wrench getting thrown between my legs.

If so, any tips on how to run this stratagem the most effective?

Happy hunting and thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Athletic Aerialists - only half as good?   Athletic Aerialists - only half as good? I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2022, 05:25

Yeah, it's intended for only one unit to do it, stratagems can only be used once per phase unless they're used before the first battle round.

It is unfortunate, but most effective will be using it on bloodbrides/wyches with their accompanying raider, unless the succubus is the only option or is in more need of extraction.

Wyches are excellent units for keeping enemies stuck where they are, and it can be effective to pop wyches and succu out and leave the wyches there to tag things in melee while the succubus hangs out of harm's way.

Another solution would be to run a master succubus, so that even if the wyches and succ don't kill whatever they've charged, after the wyches embark into into a raider you can have the succubus dash behind it to avoid being shot

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Athletic Aerialists - only half as good?   Athletic Aerialists - only half as good? I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2022, 18:20

Unfortunately you were using the rules wrong, they got rid of the "HQ joins a unit" mechanic after the terrible deathstars of 7th edition.

A major part of the Dark Eldar way of war is managing your combat. With everyone having access to the "interrupt" stratagem, its very easy to make a mistake and have one of your own units die before they swing. Unless you have a Fight Last ability, you realistically only want to charge 1 unit, or 3+ units.

In addition, we have the Turn 3 Power from Pain mechanic to work with. IMO you dont really want your WS3 units charging in before Turn 3 (or Turn 2 if you have the Animus Vitae grenade). Succubi and Incubi being the main WS2 units that are able to go in on Turn 1 and 2 without fear.

Keep in mind that you can make your Succubus a Master Succubus (Show Stealer) who runs away once she attacks. And she can run behind your Raider to shield her from some ranged attacks (Look Out Sir mechanic). Not quite as effective as being INSIDE the transport, but nearly as good.

TL;DR - You want to be planning it so that your only charging in with 1 unit each turn, until Turn 3+ when you do a mass charge with your army. Ideally you charge in with Incubi Turn 1, Succubus Turn 2, then start doing massive brawls on Turn 3+.

Bonus note: Cult of Strife is super spicy and should not be over looked. Being able to run THRU models with +1 to charge means you can assassinate characters like crazy >Smile
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Athletic Aerialists - only half as good?   Athletic Aerialists - only half as good? I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2022, 11:47

Talking WS2, dont forget Bloodbribes. They really can hit something. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Athletic Aerialists - only half as good?   Athletic Aerialists - only half as good? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Athletic Aerialists - only half as good?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: