THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cult 1000pts list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Cult 1000pts list   Cult 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2022, 19:13

Greetings fellow Archons!

another list i've done for fun and friendly 1000pts games
As usual, comments are always welcome, especially knowing this is my first take on the Cult of Strife family obsession Smile

Drukhari Strife
Drukhari - Incursion - Eternal War ( 6CP - 1000PT - 0PT )

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 0CP - 1000PT )
SUB-FACTION: Cult of Strife

HQ
WARLORD: Lelith Hesperax (90)
TRAITS: Blood Dancer

Succubus (95)
LORDS OF COMMORRAGH UPGRADE: Show Stealer
TRAITS: Competitive Edge
COMBAT DRUGS: Grave Lotus
RELICS: Dark Lotus Toxin
STRATAGEMS: Tolerated Ambition

TROOPS
Wyches (175)
1x Hekatrix: Agoniser
1x Wych: Hydra gauntlets
1x Wych: Razorflails
1x Wych: Shardnet and impaler
6x Wych
FAVOURED RETINUES UPGRADE: Hekatrix Bloodbrides

Wyches (60)
1x Hekatrix
4x Wych
COMBAT DRUGS: Painbringer

FAST ATTACK
Hellions (170)
1x Helliarch
9x Hellion

Reavers (150)
1x Arena Champion: Heat lance, Grav-talon
1x Reaver: Heat lance, Grav-talon
4x Reaver

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
Raider (105)

FLYER
Razorwing Jetfighter (155) Splinter cannon

STRATAGEMS
Tolerated Ambition (1CP)

Total Command Points: 1/6
Reinforcement Points: 0
Total Points: 1000/1000
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Cult 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult 1000pts list   Cult 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeSun May 29 2022, 12:22

What weapons are your second succubus equipped with? Shard net and impailor are a favorite of mine (D3 is pretty rare in our army).

If possible, you may want to go MSU with your army at this small point limit. Gives you more options for efficient traiding. If you were to go for a double patrol, the Fast Attack units in particular would benefit
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult 1000pts list   Cult 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2022, 13:26

So far the Succubus is simply equiped with the basic Agoniser/Archite Glaive.
Something i would need indeed to look at, with the Grave Lotus CD, 7 attacks of S5 -2AP D3 could indeed be something (as well as helping prevent the fall back)

Lol totally newbie question: what does MSU means?........i try to figure out but can't Shocked

If i were to switch to a second patrol for additional Fast Attack slot, would removing the Razorwing jetfighter would be something to consider to free some points?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Cult 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult 1000pts list   Cult 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2022, 13:24

MSU = Multiple Small Units. Basically having a lot of minimum sized units (5 man) instead of larger 10 man units. Means that when the opponent throws forward a 40 point wrack squad, you only need to send in 85 points of Hellions to kill it instead of 170 (which will leave you additional resources for later in the game).

The danger of using MSU is when you need to kill a large unit with many small units, and the opponent uses their Interruption strat after the first attack. Means you need to structure your charges a little more carefully.

I would absolutely consider dropping the RWJF to free up some points. Their damage output and durability leaves a lot to be desired (and I personally dont like Aircraft, so take my advice with a grain of salt)

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult 1000pts list   Cult 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2022, 14:07

I agree that the RWJF have always left me doubtful, doing close to nothing for the amount of point and look at it be destroyed by almost anything in the game is always a shame.......maybe i just want to play with it because i have it and love his aesthetic........maybe i should just leave it on display lol Wink

Thanks for the information about MSU, something i will take into consideration for my future lists!
For shooting oriented units, i was already using an MSU approach (without "knowing" what MSU was) but for melee oriented units i was more oriented towards middle sized units, to really eliminate the enemy unit before it could retaliate (however, i don't like huge sized units as they are a pain to pile in or simply to hide behind obscuring)

In your opinion, do the Bloodbrides are something worth investing? i always hesitate knowing that starting turn 3 their WS2 becomes close to useless (except against -1HR) but the buff to AP is always something that do attract me, but they are far from being cheap.
For this list i was only paying this tax knowing that i was already playing with Lelith (only for fun purpose, knowing that she's far from being THAT good HQ, but i don't think that she sucks, so still playable)
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Cult 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult 1000pts list   Cult 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2022, 14:11

fisheyes wrote:
MSU = Multiple Small Units.

Dang! I always thought, MSU means Minimum Sized Units.
Well, guess I am still a noob, too... lol!

Wych
Kalmah

Cult 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult 1000pts list   Cult 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2022, 14:48

@Zenotaph note that you were still pretty close to the answer, and the rough idea was still intact, so i would not call you noob at all Wink On my side, i was totally in the void about the meaning of this term Embarassed
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Cult 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult 1000pts list   Cult 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2022, 14:23

MSU can have multiple definitions, its more of a "concept" than an exact definition. Minimum Sized Units would be the same thing, so I wouldent fault you for it (for all I know, you are correct and I am wrong) Wink

Please note that we DO have a lot of Fight Last mechanics in our army. The Ancient Evil Archon, Vex Mask Haemonculus, Tormentor Incubi (close to Grisly Trophies). In my 2k list, I generally try to get at least a few Fight Last mechanics in the army. Really helps when you need to deal with Knights or big blocks of Terminators/etc.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult 1000pts list   Cult 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2022, 17:10

Here is the revised version of this Cult of Strife funny list
I'm still hesitating between Painbringer or Splintermind for the combat drugs for the Reavers.
For now i use the Splintermind to allow them to do well their job at shooting anti-tank guns or should i raise them to T5....any thought about that?

Drukhari Strife
Drukhari - Incursion - Eternal War ( 6CP - 1000PT - 0PT )

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 0CP - 685PT )

HQ
WARLORD: Lelith Hesperax (90)
1x Lelith Hesperax
TRAITS: Blood Dancer

TROOPS
Wyches (180)
1x Hekatrix: Blast pistol, Power sword
1x Wych: Hydra gauntlets
1x Wych: Razorflails
1x Wych: Shardnet and impaler
6x Wych
FAVOURED RETINUES UPGRADE: Hekatrix Bloodbrides

FAST ATTACK
Reavers (155)
1x Arena Champion: Agoniser, Heat lance, Grav-talon
4x Reaver
COMBAT DRUGS: Splintermind

Reavers (155)
1x Arena Champion: Agoniser, Heat lance, Grav-talon
4x Reaver
COMBAT DRUGS: Splintermind

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
Raider (105)
1x Raider

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 0CP - 315PT )

HQ
Succubus (80) Shardnet and impaler
1x Succubus: Shardnet and impaler
TRAITS: Competitive Edge
RELICS: Dark Lotus Toxin
STRATAGEMS: Tolerated Ambition

TROOPS
Wyches (65)
1x Hekatrix: Agoniser
4x Wych

FAST ATTACK
Hellions (85)
1x Helliarch
4x Hellion

Hellions (85)
1x Helliarch
4x Hellion

STRATAGEMS
Tolerated Ambition (1CP)

Total Command Points: 1/6
Reinforcement Points: 0
Total Points: 1000/1000
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Cult 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult 1000pts list   Cult 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2022, 23:58

Am I being an idiot and missing a second transport somewhere, or is the smaller Wych unit going to be footslogging across the table?

Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult 1000pts list   Cult 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2022, 14:27

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Am I being an idiot and missing a second transport somewhere, or is the smaller Wych unit going to be footslogging across the table?

The smaller wych unit is only there to hold an objective in my own deployment zone, thus why no need for transport for them.

I always like to have small cheap unit to keep my objectives in my own zone.
I know they are blown like leaves in the wind, but at least the opponent needs to get to them, and they are usually easy to hide behind obscuring. They seriously usually give me some cheap victory point for a minimum of 2-3 turns, or more if the opponent forget them since they don't do a thing in the entirety of the game

I may be wrong or i may be right, but for my part, this strategy as always paid well for me
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Cult 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult 1000pts list   Cult 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2022, 14:34

Kalmah wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

The smaller wych unit is only there to hold an objective in my own deployment zone, thus why no need for transport for them.

I always like to have small cheap unit to keep my objectives in my own zone.
I know they are blown like leaves in the wind, but at least the opponent needs to get to them, and they are usually easy to hide behind obscuring. They seriously usually give me some cheap victory point for a minimum of 2-3 turns, or more if the opponent forget them since they don't do a thing in the entirety of the game

I may be wrong or i may be right, but for my part, this strategy as always paid well for me

Ah, I see.

I must admit, I'd be tempted to use Wracks for that role instead (they could even plink away at the midfield with a Hexrifle and/or Ossefactor). However, I realise that they're not technically in-theme in a cult list.

Also, one more question if I may - if Lelith and the 10 Wyches are in the Raider, and the little Wych squad is holding an objective, where does the Succubus go?

Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult 1000pts list   Cult 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2022, 16:36

Ho you may ask every question that you want Wink no worries about that!

And i absolutely agree that indeed, one of them will need to be on foot.......and i have to say that i did not even think about that point (so good thing you asked this lol)

Knowing that they have a good movement speed and are really easy to hide, the Succubus (or Lelith) can survive to get to the opponent (i think) if i play well.
Man...........our Transport are a goddamn tax we need to pay lol :/ is it really a good thing? Wink
And so far, in every game i played, they are always blown to pieces before i can get them where i want and i have a good tendencies on rolling 1s.......so a lot of casualties.......maybe that'S why i want to TRY them on foot since anyway i can't get anything done with the transports lol
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Cult 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult 1000pts list   Cult 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2022, 19:32

I know what you mean regarding our transports. It's nice that they can at least carry characters + 5/10 man squads now, but it can still be awkward if you don't want to splash out on extra ones for 'spare' characters.

One thing you could consider would be giving the foot-Succubus Hypex for M10".

Still not Reaver speed but might give her a shot at keeping up with the Hellions (or moving from cover to cover).

I mention it because I've been idly toying with the idea of running a Succubus with a beast pack (albeit more for flavour than any actual synergy Razz ).

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult 1000pts list   Cult 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2022, 16:35

i seriously like the idea of the hypex move, never thought of it and always looked at Hypex a little bit with disappointment, but in this situation i will definitely try it!

thanks as always Smile

Soulless Samurai likes this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Cult 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult 1000pts list   Cult 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2022, 16:54

I was running beast packs for a while, they are super underrated. There is a pretty strong build where you go fully into a stratagey of "move everything forward Turn 1, tie up everything Turn 2". This is accomplished with spamming Wracks, Hellions and Bird Packs.

Gives up 15VP for No Prisoners every game, but can really overwhelm the opponent most of the time. Even Tau dont have enough guns for it a lot of the time.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Cult 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult 1000pts list   Cult 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2022, 20:34

fisheyes wrote:
I was running beast packs for a while, they are super underrated. There is a pretty strong build where you go fully into a stratagey of "move everything forward Turn 1, tie up everything Turn 2". This is accomplished with spamming Wracks, Hellions and Bird Packs.

Gives up 15VP for No Prisoners every game, but can really overwhelm the opponent most of the time. Even Tau dont have enough guns for it a lot of the time.

I don't suppose you've had any such success with Khymerae or Clawed Fiends?

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Cult 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult 1000pts list   Cult 1000pts list I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2022, 18:44

Unfortunately not. The Birds had the best wound/point ratio in the codex, the other units dont have similar efficiency.

Not to say that it doesnt exist, there very well could be some sort of viable build.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cult 1000pts list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult 1000pts list   Cult 1000pts list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cult 1000pts list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-