THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New GT Pack preview

Go down 
+2
Archon_91
Glass Battleaxe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

New GT Pack preview Empty
PostSubject: New GT Pack preview   New GT Pack preview I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2022, 13:28

Hadn't seen anyone post about this yet, so...

GW posted an article about the new GT pack yesterday - link below:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/06/14/war-zone-nephilim-the-next-mission-pack-is-bringing-massive-changes-to-matched-play/

What I like:
- Reworked CP: start with less, but gain more throughout the game. Means there'll be more CP at the end for those vital moments, though it does restrict list-building a little bit.
- Reworked Secondaries: can now take multiple, or all, Faction secondaries - given that there are some good Drukhari secondaries we can use, this feels like a big win.
- Includes the Core Rules: this may not seem like a big thing, but I know I certainly missed being able to have everything you needed in one book.

What I don't like:
- the first WL Trait and Relic are no longer free - they have to be bought for 1 CP EACH. Personally, this is a stupid and completely unnecessary change - armies are already being punished with less CP to start with, so making us have to spend CP just to make our Warlord into a somewhat reasonable character is ridiculous.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: New GT Pack preview   New GT Pack preview I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2022, 14:48

The cost on the first WLT and Relic hurt even more as most often we need 2 or all of non-warlord characters to have those relics or warlord lord traits ... at least that's how it feels to me
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: New GT Pack preview   New GT Pack preview I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2022, 14:56

i'm all in with what i saw from this book and will definitely buy it, especially for the secondaries all in one book.

As for the first WL/Relic that needs CP, i'm also ok with it, and note here that i agree that Drukhari desperately need those relic and WT so that our HQ are not just walking auras at 100pts each, but i think that for balance purpose, this will be good.

A lot of recent factions have super good WT/relics while others have just average ones.
When the first one was free for everyone, this was unfair for some.
Now that everyone will need to pay for those, the one with the good relic/WT will need to spend some CPs while the ones that don't need those since they are just fluff will just choose to save those CPs for stratagems instead of having a "meh" relic/WT.

Also, lorewise, it just makes senses: when a relic is needed for an attack, its usually to defend their homeworld or to take over an entire planet, but now you see 3 relics and WT per armies only for a small skirmish? makes no senses at all if you ask me.

But again, i understand that as a Drukhari player, it's a hard hit for us, but for the entirety of the game, i think this is legit

The Strange Dark One likes this post

Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New GT Pack preview   New GT Pack preview I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2022, 18:14

I think that it should have been 8 CP to start instead.

I seem to recall that GW claimed that the new way would lead to more CP overall. However, the math doesn't seem to agree:

old: 12 CP + 5 (5 round game)= 17 CP
new: 6 CP + 10 (5 round game) = 16 CP

Also, 8 would give a bit more latitude in list building for armies that are particularly CP-hungry (like AdMech, which appear to be in a bad place right now, and will be in an even worse place after CA, unless they got some really good point adjustments).
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New GT Pack preview   New GT Pack preview I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2022, 12:18

Im guessing we will all be taking Draz and a Whip Succubus due to the CP cost for Relics/WLTs. It will be interesting to see if the change hurts the S/A Tier factions harder than us
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New GT Pack preview   New GT Pack preview I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2022, 14:07

So if I have 3 generic HQs, it costs me my entire starting compliment of CP to give them the warlord traits and relics they need to not just be walking hatstands.

Boy am I glad our codex was so well-designed and future-proofed. Rolling Eyes

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New GT Pack preview   New GT Pack preview I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2022, 16:00

Soulless Samurai wrote:
So if I have 3 generic HQs, it costs me my entire starting compliment of CP to give them the warlord traits and relics they need to not just be walking hatstands.

Boy am I glad our codex was so well-designed and future-proofed. Rolling Eyes

Not necessarily. If you had an RSR, you would need to spend 1 CP to give the first warlord trait. Then you would use alliance of agony for 1 more CP to give the other 2 HQs warlord traits. Then 3 CP to give all three relics. So you would start with 1 CP Wink
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: New GT Pack preview   New GT Pack preview I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2022, 16:08

Named Character and RSR are now more tempting to play!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New GT Pack preview   New GT Pack preview I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2022, 16:10

Lol.

Ya, I figure having a Relic AND a WLT will be difficult. Succubus can contribute with only a Relic, Draz doesnt even need a WLT. Archon and Haemonculus needs either a Relic or a WLT to contribute (IMO).

Its a little unfortunate that most of our good Strats cost 2 CP, but I hope that other armies need their CP even more than us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New GT Pack preview   New GT Pack preview I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New GT Pack preview
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-