THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Grotesque disappearance?

Go down 
+5
Niurvindol
Kalmah
Sarcron
Archon_91
Squidmaster
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Grotesque disappearance? Empty
PostSubject: Grotesque disappearance?   Grotesque disappearance? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15 2022, 15:31

Did anybody noticed the disappearance of our beloved Grotesque on the GW webstore?
They are totally invisible, not even accessible in a "out of stock" status or anything......
Does this mean something for us in the near future? A new sculpt for them?
I won't cross my fingers that much, but that would be wonderful!!!
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque disappearance?   Grotesque disappearance? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17 2022, 20:07

Yes, they're gone.
They were rotated out of the available line a few months ago.

Though to be fair, it was a single sculpt in finecast. Nothing to be missed.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque disappearance?   Grotesque disappearance? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17 2022, 23:31

I believe along with all the fi east models in our range
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque disappearance?   Grotesque disappearance? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18 2022, 01:50

They've done a few articles on kits rotating out of range, grotesques were one of them

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque disappearance?   Grotesque disappearance? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18 2022, 13:53

ha true! sorry forgot about those!
Thanks for the headlights! (not that i wanted some, already have 6 of them, it's just i was hoping for a brief moment that we would get a new sculpt Wink )
Back to top Go down
Niurvindol
Hellion
Niurvindol

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque disappearance?   Grotesque disappearance? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26 2022, 10:01

Hopefully that means new models, but ultimately, buying rat ogres and converting them with some spare parts (which you can buy for very cheap) was always a better deal than what GW was offering.
I mean, one model that has no variation for $40 was a rip of anyways
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque disappearance?   Grotesque disappearance? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26 2022, 15:11

Actually, there was one, and only one, variation. The Liquifier.
Or doesnt that count?

Kalmah and Niurvindol like this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque disappearance?   Grotesque disappearance? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26 2022, 18:09

lol @zenotaph i have to say you are right! its a variation indeed Wink
however......they are in goddamn resin!!! i can't wait for the glorious day when all citadel miniatures will be entirely plastic!

lol i recently started a Skaven army for AoS...........and there are still some metal models + some resin models....that's sad as just because of that i won't buy them, preventing me some bonus, but at least the range is large enough already to be able to play around that!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque disappearance?   Grotesque disappearance? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31 2022, 15:05

99% of us were kitbashing our Grots anyway, so I dont think this impacts us very much.

Although I do feel that Grots are pretty important to our current game plan.
Back to top Go down
RisingDusk
Hellion
RisingDusk

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque disappearance?   Grotesque disappearance? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31 2022, 19:57

I speak for the 1%!

Seriously I miss those models, I have 6 already and didn't get the chance to order more before they went out of print. Honestly, I found that with a simple bit of rock you can really change up the poses of these models.

I dunno, I think they're pretty versatile.

Granted I do have the unpopular opinion.

Grotesque disappearance? 20220712
Grotesque disappearance? 20220711
Grotesque disappearance? 20220710

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wrack_Enthusiast
Hellion
Wrack_Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque disappearance?   Grotesque disappearance? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01 2022, 16:16

Finecast Grotesques were great. I'm glad I got three of them before they got rotated, but I'm also looking forward to a potential plastic kit in the future.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque disappearance?   Grotesque disappearance? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01 2022, 17:15

@RisingDusk so were 2 here in the 1% (i have 6 resin Grotesque)

They're good looking model, but i just wish that for a certain time, GW would stop doing nonsenses à-la Black Templar (is there that much people who wanted those??) and instead just put up to date the already existing line of product so that everything is at least in plastic.
I can still live with the finecast resin, but metal model? come on! for sure i won't ever purchase one metal model (especially knowing that the day that i will do so, the next week they will announce the new sculpt of the said model in plastic lol)

GW would need to take into account that this hobby is not only a game, but display items as well, so it's a little bit awkward when looking at your amy to see some models full of grim details and the model next to it seems like a model that came out from a Batman comics from the early 1940'
Back to top Go down
RisingDusk
Hellion
RisingDusk

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque disappearance?   Grotesque disappearance? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03 2022, 03:18

Honestly, there is a part of me that hopes they get rotated back in stock at least once before plastic kits, I want 6 more of the old ones with liquifiers and then would get some new plastic ones for the cleavers.  

liquifiers for life!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque disappearance?   Grotesque disappearance? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grotesque disappearance?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: