THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabalites and Transportation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Kabalites and Transportation Empty
PostSubject: Kabalites and Transportation   Kabalites and Transportation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22 2024, 22:25

Hey guys!! It's me! Again...

Lately I think a lot about transporting Kabalite warriors.
In 9th they were mostly left on the shelves in favor of Wyches and/or Wracks.
But when they saw action, they carried a Dark Lance and 2 Blasters in squads of 10
or a Blaster in a 5 elve squad.

Well, that definetly changed. It's a shooty edition again and Wyches paid deeply for their 9th edition performance.
Same goes for Incubi and Grots. Too bad, but I always liked my spikey armored torture-fairies.
After a little dusting and counting my special and heavy weapons, I am ready to field them again.

Or so I thought. In 5th it was easy.
10 elves, 1 heavy and 1 special weapon, stuffed in a Raider. Or 5 Trueborn with 4 Blasters in a Venom.

I paused 7th and can't remember 8th right now, but like mentioned before, in 9th they rode a bookshelve most times.

Now to the present:
They only come in squads of 10, one beeing the Sybarite. Each special and heavy weapon can be taken once.
That would make it a nice allrounder, a bit like the old tactical Marine squad,
with the Sybarite giving a bit of extras, like grenades, a melee weapon and a blastpistol replacing the shardrifle.
Doesn't sound too bad, but it might be wise to specialize a bit. Luckily, we can do that.
The Index says, a squad can either take a Raider or a Venom. The Squad gets split and 5 Kabalites can be mounted.
Since the Venom fields Splinterweapons, the logical choice would be 5 elves with a Shredder and Splintercannon.
Not bad, but that leaves a Blaster and a Dark Lance on the shoeleatherexpress, since we can't take 2 transports for 1 squad.

Those are the conditions so far. Now for my thoughts about this:
I would take 2 Kabalite squads and 2 Venom, giving me 2 scooters, each with 3 Splintercannons and a Shredder.
But I still need a Raider. I can take one for each Infantry unit, including Heroes. Well, Villains in our case.
Personally, I would field an Archon. I just love these guys. And he would grant me the 3rd Transport.
A Raider with 3 Dark Lances and 2 Blasters. The Archon can just be shoved in one of the 3 boats.

So, thats my plan so far. But I haven't seen that in other lists, either competitive or, well, something else.
Do I miss something here? Or is it just a bad idea? Is it just cost-ineffective? What do you think?

Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Kabalites and Transportation   Kabalites and Transportation I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25 2024, 17:16

Unless I missed a change to the rules somewhere you can still do 2 sets of 5 kabalites in a raider so you could take 2 venoms with the Shredder and splinter cannon kabs from 2 squads and stick the blaster and Dark lance into the raider with the other set of DL/Blaster kabs ... but like I said it's entirely possible I missed some rules changes
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Kabalites and Transportation   Kabalites and Transportation I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26 2024, 09:40

And 3 squads could fill a Tantalus. A really big and scary gunboat.
But that would make 875pts for all. 1 Archon, 3 Kab squads, 3 Venom and the big boat.

Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Kabalites and Transportation   Kabalites and Transportation I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 26 2024, 11:40

I have seen some setups where the two venoms would be filled with the splinter rifle kabs, all the special/heavy+syberite go into the raider so the raider goes around as the dangerous gun boat and the venoms hope from objective to objective focussing on secondaries and taking shots at infantry
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Kabalites and Transportation   Kabalites and Transportation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29 2024, 20:32

Ok, I just read the Goonhammer detachment focus and it looks like they went a different direction.
They shove all the special and heavy weapons along with the Sybarite in a Venom and leave the rest on foot.
As a few ablative wounds for an Archon and maybe his Court.

PostSubject: Re: Kabalites and Transportation   Kabalites and Transportation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabalites and Transportation
Page 1 of 1