THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Prince Herlath
Slave
Prince Herlath

Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters  Empty
PostSubject: Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters    Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28 2024, 10:41

Hey all,

I had a quick google but couldn’t really find anything. Is there a wych cult that’s particularly associated with the beastmasters?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters    Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28 2024, 15:44

For all I know, there isn't. Beastmasters are kinda lone wolfs. They roam the galaxy, searching beasts
and bring whatever they find to the arenas.

Prince Herlath likes this post

Back to top Go down
Prince Herlath
Slave
Prince Herlath

PostSubject: Re: Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters    Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28 2024, 15:55

Yeah fair enough, that’s the impression I got from the codex. If I was going to theme an army a wych cult is probably still the most appropriate?
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters    Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28 2024, 16:09

Sure. 5th codex says: Beastmasters are male Wyches, but aren't very close to the others.
They are more like nomadic shamans, loosely affiliated with the Cults. 7th and 9th tell mostly the same.

Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters    Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28 2024, 19:45

Btw, a Wychcult army wont be very competitive in 10th.
Its more the shooty units in our codex, that dominate the lists.
Ravagers gunboats, Voidraven bombers and shoot 'n' scoot Scourges along a few Kabalites.

Slave
Prince Herlath

PostSubject: Re: Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters    Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29 2024, 08:40

That’s cool, thanks for the heads up. I haven’t played 40K since 7th. It’s more of a fluff project and maybe something I’ll try out with the heresy fan rules or kill team.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters    Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29 2024, 09:30

That's why we're all here for. Keep us posted 'bout your project.

(Taking a looooong look at my pile of shame...)

Back to top Go down
Prince Herlath
Slave
Prince Herlath

PostSubject: Re: Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters    Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29 2024, 12:32

Thanks! Yeah it’s a slow grow for me. I’m in a similar situation where my pile is so shameful it could probably manifest its own presence in the warp.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters    Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29 2024, 12:53

Well, at least I started painting the wings of my Scourges.
The feathered are violet and white. The batwings also are brighter than most. Skin and darker bone.

Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters    Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29 2024, 15:02

If I remeber correctly there is a wych cult that specializes in tyrannids, capturing/taming/fighting these hungry creatures, cult of the seventh woe ... and I believe they employ a much larger number of beast masters than other cults, both to study the tyrannid but also to tame and use the creaturs ... I remeber something briefly mentioning (and I can't find where) that beast masters are held at a slightly higher level in this cult than in others

Back to top Go down
Prince Herlath
Slave
Prince Herlath

PostSubject: Re: Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters    Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29 2024, 16:49

Great thanks! The other one I’ve had eyes on is Wrath Unbound. Looks pretty beast master-y.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters    Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29 2024, 18:40

When using Nids as beasts, maybe some Coven units would be a nice add.
I have an old Coven supplement, that has a cool story about Haemis collecting Tyranid specimen.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters    Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wych cults particularly associated with beastmasters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: