THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kennys Megaforce paintathon

Go down 
+4
Skari
3D
Evil Space Elves
kenny3760
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kenny3760
Sybarite

Kennys Megaforce paintathon Empty
PostSubject: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2011, 02:38

Well I recently got my hands on the new Megaforce, and just before that I managed to aquire 2 boxes of wracks, a box of scourges, a talos and a heamonculus, all BNIB, from one of the guys at my club.

Thats a whole bundle of models to build and paint up , so I thought I'd start a project log as the best way of keeping myself motivated towards working through it all.

A few things will be no problem. As part of my tournament army for next year I'l be using some of the warriors as trueborn, the raider, a converted blaster archon and maybe the venom. After that it'll be a labour of love, adding units to my collection for use in themed or fun lists. I'll get some pics up as soon as possible.
My painting skills ain't great as I'm primarily a gamer most of my armies are painted to tabletop standard or just slightly above, so I'll welcome hints and advice on how to improve as the log goes along.

feel free to chip in at anytime.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2011, 03:07

I'm giving you two Pain Points for the project log title alone. Very Happy

The NIB lot that you picked sounds like a pretty awesome start with the Megaforce. Looking forward to seeing your stuff!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2011, 17:48

Heres what I have got done so far.

Archon

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Archon2[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Archon[/img]

Scourges

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Scourgeprime[/img]

Wracks

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Wracksstart[/img]

Raider

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Raiderprogress[/img]

Trueborn and raider crew

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Truebornbase2[/img]

Sorry for the poor pictures but the light here in Scotland is pretty poor at this time of year and my camera is only a 3.2 mega pixel compact job
Back to top Go down
3D
Hellion
3D

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2011, 19:15

So Kenny, are you going to head down a different path with your DE, or just expanding your current one?

I'm thinking of going double WWP with loads of wracks, Taloi and even Grot's.

Pete

EDIT: I should really read your post properly ....

When you and the Inverness Crew coming down for a game ... we need to get that fixed up. The ToS guys in Aberdeen could do with some practise ..

Last edited by 3D on Thu Dec 15 2011, 20:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2011, 19:46

I like it. Good luck with finishing it all up. The red looks good.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2011, 11:37

Some progress, I finished 2 blasterborn.

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon 100_3374[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon 100_3373[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon 100_3371[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon 100_3370[/img]

Pete, definately in the new year for a trip down to Aberdeen, I'll get it sorted up here.
Army wise I realised last year that cracking armour was the real issue for me so next year I will be bringing 31 darklight weapons to the table. Should be enough to crack open even 4 BAngles land raiders.

Tonight is the shift maintenance guys xmas night out. I expect it to get very messy, so probably no progress here for a couple of days. Next up will be my Archon, BS7 blaster toting tank hunter type dude.
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17 2011, 15:37

Finished the Archon. I'm pretty pleased with how this guy turned out.

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon 100_3382[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon 100_3381[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon 100_3380[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon 100_3379[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon 100_3378[/img]

Next up it'll be the raider and venom.
Thanks for looking
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18 2011, 13:19

Definitely off to a solid good start.

I would like to see more close up pictures. From what I can tell the archon looks unfinished.

I think a little more shading and maybe a bit more definition would fix this. In particular the spear shaft and the back banner.

I say this because somethings/parts "look" more complete than others. Compare the look of the armor compared to the blaster and spear to kind of get my meaning.

It may be the pictures, so I ask to see them a little more close up.

Please do continue as I would like to see more!

Kennys Megaforce paintathon Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18 2011, 19:17

Thanks for the comments GAR. I'll try and get a couple of close ups of the Archon, I think the banner is a bit washed out in these ones. The blaster and spearshaft were done very simply with a basecoat, wash and heavy drybrush process which is probably why they look the way they do. It's about the limit of my painting skills and patience, any hints would be appreciated to improve this.

And now some more progress.

Raider.

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Raider4[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Raider3[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Raider2[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Raider1[/img]

And also the Venom. I haven't built the gunner or crew yet. I intend to do a batch of these to use as a representation of whether the squads are in their vehicles or not.

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Venom5[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Venom4[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Venom3[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Venom1[/img]
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19 2011, 08:58

From what i can see, i really like it. The aggressive red will stand off quite well, next to the other models.

But i have one serious question. Why is the Archon holding the spear in the wrong direction?

Hive Fleet Hydra

Kabal of the Poisoned Fang
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
3D
Hellion
3D

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19 2011, 09:31

kenny3760 wrote:
Should be enough to crack open even 4 BAngles land raiders.

Laughing Kev will be pleased to hear it!

Nice work by the way ... and yes, why is the spear the other way round?
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19 2011, 13:29

The spear is from the scourges box and thats the way it comes. If you look carefully you can see it is actually the correct hand. I just thought it looked cooler than the normal blade towards you pose.
Back to top Go down
The Omnipotence
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19 2011, 16:55

That army is going to look good on the battlefield! That color is really going to stand out!
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19 2011, 18:38

That venom is very well done.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19 2011, 20:10

Thanks for the comments.
The warriors in my army are all old edition figures and have purple armour, so I am kind of thinking of doing different elements in different colours. Next up should be a unit of scourges which I am thinking of doing in blue with white wings.
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26 2011, 14:36

Got some scourges painted up and finished late Xmas eve.

Here' some pictures

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Scourge1[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Scourge2[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Scourge3[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Scourge4[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Scourge5[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Scourge6[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Scourge7[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Scourge8[/img]

I've got a Talos built and primed so may start on that next, but I really quite fancy building some reavers and wyches. I'm planning on running a wych cult style list for fun, with only units that have wych suits listed in their codex entry in it. Might limit the AT a bit, but it'll be a nice change up.
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26 2011, 14:37

Interesting choice on the blue, considering your other units are red. Will be nice to see a group shot of all the finished models together as a cohesive force.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07 2012, 08:33

Well there has been a lot of building and not much painting recently.

Built all the reaver jetbikes up, built the riders and made a few conversions, some with CC weapons and pistols from the wych sprues to give the unit some variety. I magnitized a couple of jetbikes and a couple of each weapon to allow me to swap in and out as required. Did the same with a couple of cluster caltrops in case a I fancy using them as an AI unit.
Also built up 10 wyches.

Have just started on a test scheme for the bikes, I'll get some pictures up soonish.
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2012, 21:12

Hey a bit of progress and some pics. This is the first of my reavers painted up.

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Reaver6[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Reaver5[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Reaver2[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Reaver4[/img]

So I've got another 8 of these to do, 10 wyches, 10 wracks and a talos all primed ready for paint. I'd also like to get the other 10 wyches built so that I could run my wych cult list.

Anyway thanks for looking.
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2012, 22:48

I like the color scheme on the bikes. You seem to do the same thing I do when highlighting and not take it up to a light enough shade to really stand out. You went to the trouble of highlighting the purple, I would go one more time lighter to make it pop (like the great wings you've done). As is, nice work, keep it up.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 00:46

the bat wings on your Scourges make me want to paint mine. Twisted Evil Good stuff my friend.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13 2012, 16:25

Thanks for the comments guys, keeps me going through the mountain of models I have infront of me.

Following a suggestion from smallvictory I went back to the first reaver I had finished and put on another "bolder" edge highlight. What do you guys think, I like it but think it may need a wash of purple ink to bring it down a notch or two.

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Reaver1a[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Reaver2a[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Reaver3a[/img]
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13 2012, 18:37

I would definatly calm that down a bit with a wash, better too bright than too dark though.
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2012, 14:15

Some more progress made on the megaforce contents. Have just finished off the 9 reavers.

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Jet1[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Jet2[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Jet3[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Jet4[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Jet5[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Jet6[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Jet7[/img]

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon Jet8[/img]

I've used some wych arms to try and make some of the riders look a bit more dynamic and as if they are swooping in for the kill. The arena champion is an extra rider so can be replaced with a standard rider if I don't want to use her.
I've also magnatised the heat lances, so they can be replaced with blasters or splinter rifles as I want. Cluster caltrops have also been magnatised so can be fitted onto a couple of the bikes also. Overall it gives me the option to run the unit in several different modes.

Next up I think will be a Talos or wracks. I know they are not in the megaforce set but I got them around the same time and will add even more variety to the army.
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2012, 19:06

Heres a pic of my painted collection as it stands right now. I also have 10 wracks, 10 wyches, a Talos and 7 trueborn built and primed, to add to this lot, along with the as yet remaining un-assembled contents of the megaforce set.

[img]Kennys Megaforce paintathon 003[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kennys Megaforce paintathon   Kennys Megaforce paintathon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kennys Megaforce paintathon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next