THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

HQ Edition Comment Thread : Saintspirit

Go down 
+4
Shadows Revenge
Gobsmakked
Saintspirit
GAR
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit Empty
PostSubject: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Saintspirit   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18 2011, 13:06

Comment thread for Saintspirit entry.

HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit L1170469

The pose is static, but at the same time very powerful. I get the impression the idea was to make this guy look like the grim reaper pointing out his next "client" before stepping into action. This will get attention on the table for sure!

HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit Youdaamrg

Last edited by GAR on Fri Dec 23 2011, 13:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Saintspirit   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18 2011, 17:22

Thanks, that's nice to hear. And what you say is right, he is supposed to be pointing at his next victim.
I am myself looking forward to painting him, thinking a little about having a slightly different theme from the usual Incubi (perhaps some sort of runes). And the Harbinger should definitely have some sort of luster.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Saintspirit   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 09:28

A fairly simple conversion, but definitely one of my favourites so far:

"Oi, you there!"

"Yes you!"

"You're next!"

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Saintspirit   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 18:30

Yeah, it might be a somewhat simple conversion, but I am very happy about it.

Oh and btw, it took quite an amount of time to work out what parts the Harbinger should be made of. Then when I remembered the power weapons, it felt so ridiculously that I hadn't thought of them at first. Rolling Eyes

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.

Last edited by Saintspirit on Thu Jan 12 2012, 10:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Saintspirit   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 21:09

Yes, sorry Saintspirit, I was actually just referring to the Incubi and his arms. The Harbinger is indeed another story, it is very well designed and I can well imagine that it took quite a while to get it just right.

I am now shying away a bit from those types of weapons on my models because I am finding the new DE models to be so fragile with all their pointy bits Sad

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Saintspirit   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2011, 17:51

Im not a fan of spear like weapons, but I think you pulled it off. Now if only you could of put a hood on him instead you would of had my vote 100% (have a thing for grim reapers)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Saintspirit   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2011, 19:14

Hum, that's an idea. I'll consider it. What do you others think of Shadow's suggestion?

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Saintspirit   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24 2011, 07:40

I concur. A hood would be cool for the Grim Reaper effect. Slap a cloak on him for even more points!
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Saintspirit   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25 2011, 23:15

No hood! Me no like hood! I'd like to see a third horn added to the back of his helmet though.

Is he pointing down and is his spear bent? That's all I can nitpick on, on what is an amazing conversion.

And you can paint too, really looking forward to this one.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Saintspirit   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26 2011, 09:18

Sky Serpent wrote:
Is he pointing down and is his spear bent? That's all I can nitpick on, on what is an amazing conversion.
That's not a spear, that's the Harbinger, a twin-bladed scythe. But I can understand how that picture can be misunderstood - here's a picture showing it better:
HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit L1170470

And yeah, I... think... he's pointing slightly down. Um, I'm not sure scratch

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Saintspirit   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2012, 14:25

Just thought I should mention that he is basecoated now, so I should be able to start painting him any time now.

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Saintspirit   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 20:11

And done! Though, those runes on his armour turned out more like thorns, so I might have to reconsider them...

HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit L1170934
HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit L1170935

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Saintspirit   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 20:33

good stuff! Keep the thorns, it adds a splash of color without taking away from the dark vibe of the mini.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Saintspirit   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23 2012, 09:31

Great stuff! I agree with ESE about the thorns. Cool model
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Saintspirit   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23 2012, 11:24

Very good then, I'll keep them as they are. But how about the Harbinger - I think it needs something more...

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Saintspirit   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 10:17

Thought I'd better put up these pictures of him here, as I've altered him once again.
HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit L1180072
HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit L1180074
HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit L1180073

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition Comment Thread : Saintspirit   HQ Edition Comment Thread :  Saintspirit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HQ Edition Comment Thread : Saintspirit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: The Competition Arena
-
Jump to: