THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

750 point team tourney list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thecactusman17
Hellion

750  point team tourney list Empty
PostSubject: 750 point team tourney list   750  point team tourney list I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21 2011, 05:19

This list is designed for team tournaments, where the teammate is COMPLETELY RANDOM. And changes every round. So keep in mind that the philosophy behind a winning list in this format tends to be different. There is one caveat to the "random team members" scenario: players are tracked individually, and players of similar skill level usually end up facing each other, not playing together. This means that if I do really well, the quality of my teammates tends to go down. A big part of the game in this format is working with inexperienced or poor players and making a winning team using the combined abilities of both armies and both players.

HQ: Baron Sathonyx

Troops:
Hellions (x14) w/ Helliarch, Agonizer

Warriors (x5) w/ Blaster
Venom w/ Dual Cannons, Nightshield

Warriors (x5) w/ Blaster

Warriors (x5) w/ Blaster

Heavy:
Ravager w/ Dark Lances, Nightshield, Flickerfield

Total cost: 749 points

So, here's what I've got (or so I think):

4 highly mobile scoring units, one of which is pretty much custom built for standing on an objective and not going away.

Lots of poisoned shooting for dealing with monstrous creatures, high toughness units, and keeping my guys away from the action.

Range-reducing gear to mess with mid and short ranged armies.

A nasty team ability to ensure we almost always pick first or second turn the way WE want to.

Considering the point limit and the team format, how would you respond to this list?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 750 point team tourney list   750  point team tourney list I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 16:20

I think Sathy is a wise choice for this type of tournament. I think Hellions are risky because if they can't handle the enemy army and/or are capable of being wiped with relative ease, then your army becomes dramatically weaker and you're counting on your unknown partner to pick up the slack.
Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

PostSubject: Re: 750 point team tourney list   750  point team tourney list I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 18:39

Sorry to say but this is over 750 points, to be exact its 884 points in all (checked three times).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 750 point team tourney list   750  point team tourney list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

750 point team tourney list
Page 1 of 1