THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Shoulders - Warriors

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Guidebot
Hellion
Guidebot

Shoulders - Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Shoulders - Warriors   Shoulders - Warriors I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2011, 10:28

Hi all, I need a little help.

I've been assembling a warrior kit as trueborn. It's my first warrior kit.

My problem is with the shoulder pads (for clarity, the scale shaped overhangs that extend over their shoulders from the ends of the collarbone of the armor, often punctuated with blades or spikes).

After assembly, because the pads consist of two bits of plastic (front and back halves), there's a noticable line where they meet.

How do you overcome this?

Do you leave this? Do you green stuff it in? Or am I doing something wrong (pretty sure I'm not, but should ask!)?

Many thanks
Back to top Go down
Nico
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Shoulders - Warriors   Shoulders - Warriors I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2011, 11:29

Hi there!

I've had the same problem (and not only with warriors or other dark eldar but with a lot of GW kits) and I fill up those lines with Vallejo Plastic Putty.
It's a tube with white putty and I just put a load of it (ore than needed) on the line I want to cover and wipe of the rest with my finger.
It closes those lines really good although you need to do severall passes from time to time, especially with larger holes (like the ones on the back of the talos which I will give the second layer tonight)

Shoulders - Warriors VAL401a

Shoulders - Warriors Foto211

I hope this helps you out!

Grts
Nico

Hellion
Guidebot

PostSubject: Re: Shoulders - Warriors   Shoulders - Warriors I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2011, 11:48

Thanks Nico, that's really useful (especially with the images and all; great!). I think there's a shop nearby that should have that (they stock other Vallejo stuff) so I'll see if I can get some; it looks a lot easier than greenstuffing (which is what I usually do, but I'd rather not for such small models).

I'll give it a go!

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Shoulders - Warriors   Shoulders - Warriors I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2011, 13:25

Actually I'm not sure if You can't dillute GS by mixing it with water. For sure it can be done with putties I use (Milliput, Poxilina, Pattex Epoxy Repair*) and frankly I doubt GS is different. Haven't got that one for a while now, don't remember... but for 99% it would work.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Shoulders - Warriors   Shoulders - Warriors I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2011, 18:54

I use testors model cement.

I let the model halves sit and cure for a few minutes, then apply a little cement to them and rub in the cement. Since it melts the plastic together, the seams and gaps are usually filled fairly well.

Ya just have to be a little careful since too much with mess everything up.

Shoulders - Warriors Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shoulders - Warriors   Shoulders - Warriors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shoulders - Warriors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS