THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A Devilish project log

Go down 
+6
Malverian Drakkarth
Archeonlotet
Skari
darkmark
SmallVictory
Devilish
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

A Devilish project log Empty
PostSubject: A Devilish project log   A Devilish project log I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2012, 22:52

Hi all!

It's time to put my old small Dark Eldar force in the blender and give the remains to the haemonculus to see what he... er... it will craft of it.

I've now got a 1500pts army waiting to get assembled, converted, painted and based. I've signed up for Warseers a tale of 40k painters so I'll be doing atleast 150pts a month, more now that I'm a 2 months behind schedule.

Here's a preview of my paint scheme of my warriors:

A Devilish project log P1010010

A Devilish project log P1010011

The armour is grey with orange details. No two models should have same orange markings on their armour. They have black bodysuits and green helmet eye details.

I'm still thinking on how I will transfer a part of the paint scheme to the Cult units. Grey armour most likely. Should it too have orange markings or some other colours? The body suit is much more visible on the wyches than the warriors, should it be some other colour than black?

My goal is now to get the force as good as assembled, at least so that my opponent will know what's what till Saturday when I'm having my first game. Then get a squad of wyches and warriors painted till Sunday.

Here's something I'll going to give a new life as a Coven dedicated Raider. It will need some work, but hopefully the result will match my vision.

A Devilish project log P1010012

Devilish
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

PostSubject: Re: A Devilish project log   A Devilish project log I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2012, 23:15

Nice start Devilfish, I like the color combo of orange and grey, good luck busting out 150 point a month.
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: A Devilish project log   A Devilish project log I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07 2012, 13:23

My eldest has had Tron: legacy on repeat all week, so when I saw this colour scheme thats the first thing I thought. I remember an eldar blog on Warseer with the same scheme, it looked great.
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: A Devilish project log   A Devilish project log I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07 2012, 14:02

Nice. Orange.
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

PostSubject: Re: A Devilish project log   A Devilish project log I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07 2012, 18:05

SmallVictory wrote:
Nice start Devilfish, I like the color combo of orange and grey, good luck busting out 150 point a month.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw Devilfish! Guess we both have Tau on the brain Razz

Nice start on that army Devilish!
Back to top Go down
Malverian Drakkarth
Hellion
Malverian Drakkarth

PostSubject: Re: A Devilish project log   A Devilish project log I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07 2012, 19:59

I agree, it's a good combination scheme. Look forward to seeing more progress.
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: A Devilish project log   A Devilish project log I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08 2012, 09:55

Thanks for the comments.

Friday went mostly to build all my bikes for yesterdays game, the riders will be converted later as they need more attention. I'll be fielding 2 squads from different gangs. The Archon loves to see them compete with each other.

So, yesterday I played my first game with the new DE and the current edition against my friends Spacemarines. He had done some homework beforehand and didn't have really any armour. His army was:

Chaplain
10 Terminators w. Assault cannon and cyclone missile-launcher
10 Assault marines, sargent with lightning claws
3 Landspeeders squadroned, Typhoon and two w. AC and MM
10 Scouts w. Telion and Beavy Bolter
10 Tactical Marines w. Missilelauncher

All squads where combat squaded.

First game was Capture and Control with spearhead deployment.

I went first and I couldn't resist turboboosting my two reaver squads over to his deployment zone taking out 5 Assault marines total from the two combat squads. I rather foolishly assaulted my archon with wych squad unsupported against the terminators and got counter charged by tacticals and the remains of the assault squads. The reavers 3+ cover save proved awesome as they held against both scout combat squads and one tactical combat only two where killed by the flamer. Otherwise the game went quicly and I lost only my Archon wyches and he had only the chaplain and a lone scout at the end of his turn 2. The wracks with furious charge are nasty as they hit before spacemarines and get to re-roll the wounds with poison.

The other game was Seize ground with Dawn of War.

He won deployment and I went 2nd without deploying anything. This was a more close game then the one before. He rarely failed saves he rolled. Also the reavers skilled riders was in high demand as couldn't resist the mental image of reavers turboboosted howling through ruined windows, corridors and walkways. I rolled a 4 and five 1's for my dangerous terrain test, thankfully I could re-roll, only 1 died misjudging the structural integrity of the ruined building. By the end of his turn 4 we had both secured 1 objective and contested the third. The win was in my grasp, but my dinner date arrived and she seemed a little awkward at the scene so I called it a draw without playing my half of turn 4.

All in all they where fun games and I learned a lot. I still need to get a feel between reckless assault and carefull build up.

Now for today I'll try to get my Warrior and Wych squad painted. Hopefully the final result wont see as a mishmash of grey and orange, but instead a more organized chaos.

Devilish
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: A Devilish project log   A Devilish project log I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2012, 04:56

It's been to long since my last update.

Made some last minute changes like ripping of helmetless heads to suit my latest whim. I'm getting a clearer picture of the look of the army and I'm really enjoying painting the warriors, hopefully the other models will be as fun.

Here's some pics of what I've been up to.

A Devilish project log P1010117
A Devilish project log P1010118
A Devilish project log P1010119
A Devilish project log P1010120
A Devilish project log P1010121
A Devilish project log P1010122
A Devilish project log P1010123

My next model in line will be no one less than my Archon. I'm buying the last bits I need to day and plan on getting him finished before Friday for the Archon's challenge.

I can't remember who's inspired me to use this model:
A Devilish project log M1850193a_99070201001_WoCSorcerorLord01_445x319

as base. I tried to find the Archon in question, but didn't find it. All the project logs here have been a great source of inspiration.

Devilish
Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

PostSubject: Re: A Devilish project log   A Devilish project log I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2012, 15:44

Looking good, I really love the color scheme. Thanks for the batrep as well, I love reading them.
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: A Devilish project log   A Devilish project log I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18 2012, 15:28

Thanks! I'm hoping to get a few games against my friends spacemarines on Sunday. Let's see how it goes after both have learned a bit about Dark Eldar.

Here's some WIP pictures of my Archon for the Archon's challenge:

A Devilish project log P1010126

The model isn't assembled. I've just blu-tacked it together. The above version has Phantasm grenade launcher on his back. While in my current list he isn't equipped with it, but I plan to get a retinue of Incubi for him to lead

A Devilish project log P1010128

This one has two boss trophy racks on his back. I'm looking into how to get his to standout from the rest.

The gauntleted hand will be his agonizer, I just love the picture of him scratching through power armour with his gloved hand or grab a heart through the power armour.

The staff will be either changed to a glaive or other pole weapon or to a basic hand taunting the enemy to come closer. He will have his splinter pistol hanging from his belt.

Paint scheme will be orange armour with iceblue edge highlight. The robes will be probably Dark blue to tie in him with both the Kabal and Coven elements.

What do you think? Should I go for the grenade version or the other? How WYSIWYG do you usually have? DOes your Archon have the phantasm grenade launchers modelled on the model?

Devilish
Back to top Go down
AiEthimar
Hellion
AiEthimar

PostSubject: Re: A Devilish project log   A Devilish project log I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18 2012, 20:59

I think you can go for the trophy racks and just say that your enemies are so terrified by them that they count as the grenade launcher; the actual PGL looks pretty meh to me and so i got around it by modelling my Archon with a scourge upper body. The vials sticking out from the back wings can be a WYSIWYG PGL just on a smaller scale. I haven't done a lot of 40k tournament participation but in WHFB at least people aren't too anal about WYSIWYG; my High Elf Great Eagles are two scourges w/ spears and High Elf heads on a 50mm square base

AE
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: A Devilish project log   A Devilish project log I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2012, 04:29

Thanks,

Come to think of it. He's an Archon. He can have a different looking agonizer and should be able to get a better version of the PGL instead of the massproduced one. I think wrist mounted would be possible.

Going for the trophy racks, just need to figure out what to do with the staff.
Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: A Devilish project log   A Devilish project log I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 15:40

So with my entry to the Archon's challenge ready it's time look at what will come next, but before that here's WIP pictures and the finished ones of my Archon:

A Devilish project log P1010135
A Devilish project log P1010134
A Devilish project log P1010132
A Devilish project log P1010141
A Devilish project log P1010140

So what's next?

I found my old unfinished Archon conversion that I'm going to finish and make her a Succubus. Then I've got my Wyches to paint and 2 Raiders to assemble. I'll hopefully get enough done by the end of first week of February to get back a Joker in the Tale of 40k painters.

During next week I'll post more WIP pics and hopefully some ready too.

Devilish
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: A Devilish project log   A Devilish project log I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 16:58

I really like your conversion. Well done! I always envy people that have a natural eye for converting models from different model lines and make them their own. You've done a fantastic job with this model.

I always try to paint up the "meat and potatoes" of the army first:Troops. If I get the rank and file models out of the way first it lets me get the less interesting(though there are no boring models in this line!) stuff out of the way while I'm hot and motivated. Painting the really juicy stuff last makes it a treat at the end. Happy painting!
Back to top Go down
Ythillan
Hellion
Ythillan

PostSubject: Re: A Devilish project log   A Devilish project log I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2012, 03:27

Hey mate, this is a very nice Archon. I had been scanning the GW site looking for a possible Vect conversion base and I had considered this possibility, and thanks to you I can see it would really work great!

I also believe your orange and grey scheme is very unique and eye catching. Hope to see more
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Devilish project log   A Devilish project log I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Devilish project log
Page 1 of 1