THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Daemon World novel (Possibly don't look at this if you plan to read the novel)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ythillan
Hellion
Ythillan

Daemon World novel (Possibly don't look at this if you plan to read the novel) Empty
PostSubject: Daemon World novel (Possibly don't look at this if you plan to read the novel)   Daemon World novel (Possibly don't look at this if you plan to read the novel) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2012, 18:54

Read this ages ago and I have started reading it again.

Is Torvendis a crone world?

Are the higher caste inhabitants (i.e not the barbarians) Eldar? They are portrayed in a way that makes it seem so, have advanced tech and Lady Charybdis is described like some sort of Eldar-spider hybrid.

The fact that it is ruled by Slaanesh makes it both interesting and strange, in fluff terms, if they are, or once were, Eldar.

This is probably the most enjoyable GW novel I have ever read, can't recommend it more to anyone who has not picked it up.
Back to top Go down
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

Daemon World novel (Possibly don't look at this if you plan to read the novel) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daemon World novel (Possibly don't look at this if you plan to read the novel)   Daemon World novel (Possibly don't look at this if you plan to read the novel) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 14:56

Ythillan wrote:
This is probably the most enjoyable GW novel I have ever read, can't recommend it more to anyone who has not picked it up.

Agreed, it is an awesome book, gives an unparallelled view of Chaos vs. Chaos with some rogue astartes thrown in for gaks and giggles.

I don't think of it as a crone world though. It is undoubtedly, inextricably bound to Chaos, and the Eldar and even their dark kin will have no truck with that at all. The only explanation would be if they were, shall we say infected?, by the taint of Chaos at the world's original fall, assuming it fell at all. And if that were the case, they would have ceased to be true Eldar in all but the most utterly basic sense.

I also recommend reading Seven Views of Ulguth's Passing from Planetkill if you enjoyed Daemon World. Lots of lovely warp-stuff in there.

Raucir

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Daemon World novel (Possibly don't look at this if you plan to read the novel)   Daemon World novel (Possibly don't look at this if you plan to read the novel) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 16:16

While I havent read the book yet, I will say that it could be a possibility. There are Chaos Eldar that were caught by the fall and serve chaos, and some of their original worlds are said to be the strongest daemon worlds around. To counter that though Chaos Eldar are very rare, and for there to be a whole planet of them... I highly doubt it. If they have lived this long, most are probably either A: Daemon Princes, or B: Such a powerful Scorcorer that I highly doubt there is any way for someone to beat them.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Ythillan
Hellion
Ythillan

PostSubject: Re: Daemon World novel (Possibly don't look at this if you plan to read the novel)   Daemon World novel (Possibly don't look at this if you plan to read the novel) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 16:40

Shadows Revenge wrote:
To counter that though Chaos Eldar are very rare, and for there to be a whole planet of them... I highly doubt it.

Torvendis is not an entire planet consisting only of the higher caste I mentioned. In the book they comprise a very small percentage of the population, however, they dominate the other factions through exotic technology, power and control of the city-fortress, with the support of 'the violators', a Slaanesh worshipping group of marines. It is described as a world in the warp that has changed hands between the gods countless times - with Slaanesh being the current 'controller'.

Infact, the first section of the book reads like a warhammer fantasy novel, covering barbarians that are very similar to marauders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daemon World novel (Possibly don't look at this if you plan to read the novel)   Daemon World novel (Possibly don't look at this if you plan to read the novel) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daemon World novel (Possibly don't look at this if you plan to read the novel)
Page 1 of 1